Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Temporary roof fix?

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Temporary roof fix?

Post by Smartbear » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:00 pm

SV8Predator wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:43 pm
Smartbear wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:47 pm Just to reply to your rude & ignorant comment about “not knowing anything about the subject being discussed”
The subject being discussed is the fact that (according to you), the pumps can burst into flames, if a fault lets them run continuously:
Smartbear wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:31 pm they can burst into flames!
This has been refuted by other posters, speaking from their experience. You attempted to justify your claim by spuriously quoting RobbiZ4 who actually said nothing of the sort. Overheating and melting of internal pump components is not "they can burst into flames!".

Rude and ignorant?
Smartbear wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:04 am I’ll come round & torch your car for you.
Only a fool could see those pictures & not realise that could easily lead to a fire, I’m responding to your rudeness in terms you’re likely to understand - if someone’s been rude to me i don’t tend to be polite back to them,
I’ll take your silence over your technical experience as an admission that you know nothing worth sharing or helping others in any way.
Happy to help :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

therealmc

Temporary roof fix?

Post by therealmc » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:18 pm

My final (hopefully) update on this particular thread.

(The short version of the story)

Car booked into Chandlers BMW Worthing whose report(s) confirmed no signs of water ingress in the boot which I assume could have been a contributory factor to my problems. They initially replaced the following:

Hall Sensor 54377224679
Microswitch 54377227398

After that they also found that they also needed to replace:

Microswitch 54377228586
Electrical connector 61132359999

Several hundred pounds later the roof now works without throwing any errors on the dashboard. :D