Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Boot locking issue.

Arcade.Eyes

Boot locking issue.

Post by Arcade.Eyes » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:29 pm

Hey

Did a very quick search but couldn't find anything.

You know when you close the boot you can hear something and the boot closes tighter .

Well I close mine today and it does that as it normally domes but then for the next 30 seconds goes from this tight lock to just placed
Back and forth and I can here the motor in the lock continually firing. The boot settling in the "not tightly closed" mode.

This shows the boot as open when driving and triggers the alarm when parked and locked.

Any ideas?

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Boot locking issue.

Post by Smartbear » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:56 pm

Arcade.Eyes wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:29 pm Hey

Did a very quick search but couldn't find anything.

You know when you close the boot you can hear something and the boot closes tighter .

Well I close mine today and it does that as it normally domes but then for the next 30 seconds goes from this tight lock to just placed
Back and forth and I can here the motor in the lock continually firing. The boot settling in the "not tightly closed" mode.

This shows the boot as open when driving and triggers the alarm when parked and locked.

Any ideas?
It maybe the wiring behind the boot panel, there was a spate of problems caused by the factory stripping the wires too harshly leading to the wires becoming severed.
It’s diy able if you search on here :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Boot locking issue.

Post by Smartbear » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:59 pm

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Arcade.Eyes

Boot locking issue.

Post by Arcade.Eyes » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:04 am

Cheers.

Steelee

Boot locking issue.

Post by Steelee » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:55 pm

Had the same issue, BMW 'Adjusted' it took about 10 mins not had any issues since........

N4LLY

Boot locking issue.

Post by N4LLY » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:12 pm

Had the same issue fixed last week. Was the Boot lock cylinder. Had it done with one day left on the warrenty. :thumbsup:

2014 20 M sport Valencia Orange

davy56

Boot locking issue.

Post by davy56 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:00 pm

Hi, my boot soft close suddenly stopped working and faced with a bill for £400+ to have it fixed by bmw dealer I had a go myself and found a broken wire to the lhs micro switch. Another wire had a stripping mark on it so I cut this wire also and remade the connections, Result I saved a lot of money the boot closes as it should and the problem of the second wire becoming broken has been eliminated. I believe this is a manufacturing fault, strange the bmw technician didn't spot it on a preliminary inspection?

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Boot locking issue.

Post by flybobbie » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:59 pm

davy56 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:00 pm Hi, my boot soft close suddenly stopped working and faced with a bill for £400+ to have it fixed by bmw dealer I had a go myself and found a broken wire to the lhs micro switch. Another wire had a stripping mark on it so I cut this wire also and remade the connections, Result I saved a lot of money the boot closes as it should and the problem of the second wire becoming broken has been eliminated. I believe this is a manufacturing fault, strange the bmw technician didn't spot it on a preliminary inspection?
Perhaps if they admitted to knowing, they would have to recall all cars and have them replaced. At least they could own up and replace FOC on individual customer basis.

tintoverano

Boot locking issue.

Post by tintoverano » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:00 pm

davy56 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:00 pm I had a go myself and found a broken wire to the lhs micro switch. Another wire had a stripping mark on it so I cut this wire also and remade the connections, Result I saved a lot of money the boot closes as it should and the problem of the second wire becoming broken has been eliminated.
hi, do you happen to have photos of the spot where the fault happened? cheers
mSport 23i
Coding Help, Stubby, Remap, K&N filter, Cruise Ctrl, Reverse cam, Instrument Cluster Color, UR front brace, CDV delete, Android on CIC, Roof Module, LSD

Echohotel

Boot locking issue.

Post by Echohotel » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:47 pm

I just changed my offside rear light cluster and now find the boot will only open via the keyfob and not the bmw badge in the boot lid, is this similar to the questions below?

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Boot locking issue.

Post by flybobbie » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:43 pm

Microswitch behind the badge in the boot.
Can you hear a click when lifting the badge?
Might even feel it click.

Echohotel

Boot locking issue.

Post by Echohotel » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:00 pm

No can't hear a click, I used to get the same sound from the badge as I get from the fob.

Echohotel

Boot locking issue.

Post by Echohotel » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:47 pm

No can't hear a click, I used to get the same sound from the badge as I get from the fob.

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Boot locking issue.

Post by flybobbie » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:48 pm

You mean you can hear the motors running?

Echohotel

Boot locking issue.

Post by Echohotel » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:09 am

Yes I hear the motor when I use the fob, nothing from the boot badge. It was working fine before I changed the rear light.