Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

upright piano mahogany like new

You must have a post count >25 to post adverts in here (private sales only, no traders)
bluespit

Post by bluespit » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:04 am

bit of a long shot this one but my wife has decided to sell her piano. She bought it as her mid-life crisis toy but that has now passed and she no longer uses it. It really is like new we bought about 8 years ago from Dawsons Chester for £1600, similar ones now cost well over £2000. In perfect condition as its hardly been used but it does need tuning as you'd expect. comes with stool and some other bits and bobs. Tuning costs around £40 and collection / delivery can be anything from £50 to £100 so for less than half the new price you can have a 'like new' piano in your home.

we can't remember the make and its not stamped on anything visible, there is a sticker on the back but I can't see what it says.

I know a car forum is an odd place to offer a musical instrument for sale but you lot are a cultured bunch and there may be some one out there interested.

We're looking for £800 which is half what we paid and around 1/3 of the current price, any trial or inspection is welcome and encouraged. Located 6 miles from Chester.

pics if anyone is genuinely interested, thanks
now I'm about to have more time I've suddenly got less toys to play with!

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:09 am

And if you need delivery, Marlon will probably put it in the back of his Zed and pop it round for you... :poke:
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

bluespit

Post by bluespit » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:11 am

:rofl:

there a small dealer in the next village who does delivery too, doesn't have a z though!
now I'm about to have more time I've suddenly got less toys to play with!

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:56 am

Glwts!
I know tuning costs can vary wildly as I was researching and toying with the idea of buying a baby grand. Maybe a good idea is to get it tuned before selling. Sort of like 'just had its piano mot' lol. Tuning can show up other faults such as overtightened strings, warped frames, sticky or unbalanced keys etc so could be worthwhile doing.

Even a baby grand would have taken up too much space so i ended up buying a yamaha kx8 weighted-key midi controller and kontakt software. Sounds fabulous and i have the sound of a beautiful fullsize steinway grand piano for a fraction of the price of a real one!
:thumbsup:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:11 am

Number5 wrote:And if you need delivery, Marlon will probably put it in the back of his Zed and pop it round for you... :poke:
:oops:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S