Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD i1 Display 3 Pro & ChromaPure Licence - Calibration hardware & Software !! PRICE DROPPED CONSIDERABLY !!

You must have a post count >25 to post adverts in here (private sales only, no traders)
thanatu55

i1 Display 3 Pro & ChromaPure Licence - Calibration hardware & Software !! PRICE DROPPED CONSIDERABLY !!

Post by thanatu55 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:58 pm

Bit random I know, and maybe not for anyone on here but I've got it up on eBay so I thought - why not stick it on here too, you never know. Plus it's helping towards my migration to Spain and every penny counts!

I'll give the short version first, then anyone who has the slightest interest can read the looooong version down below.

So, basically I'm selling my monitor / television / projector calibration equipment and software, including exclusive license for this meter's use of the ChromaPure software, of which you can read about at ChromaPure.co.uk (and I think possibly .com too). All in all it's a bundle worth in excess of £500, I'll take £289 from the forum.

Included in this bundle is:

- I1 Display 3 Pro Upgraded / Calibrated by Chromapure.co.uk with included disc
- Now UPGRADED Chromapure software from v2 to v3 on a separate USB
- My Chromapure Licence transferred into your name
- ChromaPure Video Calibration Disc
- Documentation / Guide to using the Chromapure Software

Chromapure information: http://www.chromapure.com/
Video Demonstrations: http://www.chromapure.com/demos.asp
i1 Display 3 Pro Review: http://www.chromapure.com/newgear_display3-new.asp

The Display 3 PRO is a colorimeter that offers professional grade performance at a price affordable to the amateur hobbyist or enthusiast. Our tests show that the Display 3 PRO offers accuracy for color and the white point that in the majority of cases exceeds that of the i1Pro. Furthermore, its luminance readings are far superior to the i1Pro, both in terms of general accuracy and certainly in dynamic range.

Quite simply, we believe that this is the best sub-$1000 meter for video calibration on the market today. Is it a true reference device? No. But at this price it comes as close as any device we are aware of to this standard.

Please note Chromapure will only work with this meter, it is not interchangeable. Chromapure is licenced to this individual meter only. This Meter has been Upgraded / Calibrated by Chromapure.co.uk (details below). This means it has been improved upon factory settings. I will include a USB stick containing the Chromapure software, Documentation and my unique license.

Please also note that once payment is received I will need to transfer the Licence from my name into yours, this should only take a day or so but I will need a name and email address in order for ChromaPure to make the transfer.

Photo's followed by extremely long version:

Some Common Questions on The I1Display Pro (Display 3)

What is the difference between the i1Display Pro, i1D3, Display 3
All the items above are the same hardware, It is just the different names. The i1Display Pro (as Xrite have officially named it), started life in betas as the i1Display3, hence the references to the Display3, D3 etc.

What is the difference between the OEM meter and the retail meter
The OEM meter is a standard meter, supplied in a plain box for use with independant software i.e. ChromaPure. It does not come with any Xrite software, and does not work with Xrite software.

The retail meter comes with the Xrite profiler software. As of the 24 May 2013, ChromaPure has added support for the Retail meter..

What are the differences between the D3Pro / upgraded i1 Display Pro, and the standard meter
At ChromaPure we market two different versions of the meter. The standard version is a meter from the factory. The upgraded meter (referred to as the Display 3 Pro by ChromaPure US) involves an upgrade process to improve the accuracy of the meter

Can this meter be used with projectors and flat panels
Yes, the meter comes with a counterweight and an integrated tripod thread, making it perfect from use directly on a display or on a tripod. The meter is ideal for projector measurements due to it's integral tripod thread, integrated diffuser, and it's low light level capabilities.

Why is this meter better than the I1LT, i1Display2, Spyder4 etc
There various reasons why this meter is better, a few of the reasons are listed below:

-It has sealed filters, meaning that it should drift less than other cheaper colorimeters.
-It has tripod thread in the base.
-It has an integrated diffuser.
-It has a large measuring eye, which helps to improve repeatability, reading more accurately into darker ranges and good speed.

Upgraded i1 Display Pro

I1 Display upgraded (3 PRO) Colorimeter - Revised 9 Feb 2018

Officially known as the i1 Display Pro III, by any definition X-Rites new Display 3 colorimeter is a disruptive technology. In many ways, it is not useful to think of the Display 3 as simply a successor to the Display 2, which has been the dominant affordable colorimeter on the market for several years. The Display 3 is based on a completely different design and offers a level of performance profoundly superior to the Display 2, indeed profoundly superior to any colorimeter at anywhere near the MSRP price of £219.

It is also one of the easiest devices to use because it requires no dark reading calibration.

Despite this, it is an affordable mass-market device whose tolerances fall short of professional color analyzers.

We have developed a version of the Display 3, which we have named the Display 3 PRO, that offers substantially enhanced accuracy across a wide range of displays.

What we have done is provide a software-based refinement to and expansion of the existing calibration tables in the individualized license file delivered with each unit. To understand how this works, it is important to first understand the source of errors in tristimulus colorimeters.

In an attempt to accurately model human color vision, in 1931 the CIE defined the standard observer.

A filter-based colorimeter attempts to mimic human color perception by matching these curves. However, accurately matching these complex curves using any reasonably affordable filters requires correction with a reference spectroradiometer. Otherwise, you cannot achieve the desired accuracy with different display types. A spectroradiometer does not rely on filters as a way of mimicking human color vision, but rather measures the spectra of a display directly. Its accuracy depends only on the bandwidth, sensitivity, and resolution of the device.

- The inaccuracies of a filter-based colorimeter arise from a variety of sources.
- The standard modes that the factory Display 3 ships with are based on a generic calibration from a reference device. The same calibration is applied to all Display 3's.
- There will always be some unit-to-unit variation.

The instrument's accuracy may decline as it ages. However, because it is essentially a non-contact design whose newer generation filters are installed in a sealed environment, it will likely age more gracefully than previous models, such as the Display 2 and Chroma 5.

There is a natural variation in consumer displayseven displays of the same type! so the operating modes of the colorimeter are no more accurate that these variations allow. The calibration tables of the factory Display 3 can only be derived from the general performance characteristics of the display type, not the specific display being calibrated.

Taken together, these four sources of inaccuracy - generic factory calibration, unit-to-unit variation, effects from aging, and a lack of consistency among displays - result in a device that, on average according to our tests, typically deviates from a reference spectroradiometer up to about 5-6 dE (CIELAB). Our PRO version of the meter will cut this source of error in half.

Of course, the best way to minimize these errors is to use your own reference spectroradiometer to correct the Display 3 for each calibration session on a single display. ChromaPure provides an Meter Correction module for just this purpose. However, the vast majority of consumers cannot afford a true reference device, which are very expensive. SMPTE requires a reference instrument to have a minimum accuracy of &�0.002 for the measurement of xy chromaticity coordinates at any luminance above 3 fL. The only instrument capable of this level of precision is a 5nm spectroradiometer. A tristimulus colorimeter will not offer this level of accuracy, nor will an 8nm or 10nm spectroradiometer.

The Display 3 PRO virtually eliminates 3 of the 4 sources of error and lessens the fourth for a small fraction of the cost of a true reference device.

- First, we individually test each meter against a reference spectroradiometer on a CRT, several LCD flat panels, a plasma flat panel, a quantum dot panel, an OLED panel and front projector with a standard UHP lamp in both luminance and illuminance modes.

- Second, we include correction figures in the individualized license file that align the standard Display 3's response to our reference device. These two steps alone greatly improve the built-in calibration tables for the Display 3 and completely eliminate any unit-to-unit variation.

- Third, for a modest fee, we will periodically recalibrate your Display 3 PRO to ensure it retains its initial accuracy. This service eliminates the problems associated with exposure to the elements over time.

The Display 3's accuracy is reasonably consistent when reading CRTs, plasmas, and front projector screens. The biggest problem by far lies with LCDs. Using the Standard mode the Display 3 may read one LCD very accurately and yet be off on another. It is difficult to achieve consistency when reading LCDs. Contrary to one widely-repeated myth, this is not an issue directly related to the difference between CCFL backlit and LED backlit displays. Some LED displays actually give the colorimeters less trouble than their CCFL counterparts. Also, the Display 3 can maintain considerably different levels of accuracy when comparing two CCFL displays. The problem isn't with LED backlighting. The problem is LCDs period. To address this problem, the Display 3 PRO ships with 7 different LCD modes, along with other regular modes (a full list is below):

- Sony LCD
- Sony LED
- Samsung LCD
- Samsung LED
- LG LCD
- LG LED
- Generic LCD
- CRT
- Plasma
- Rear Projection TV
- OLED
- Quantum Dot
- UHD Projector from Screen
- UHD Projector from Lens
- laser Projector from Screen
- laser Projector from Lens

A Word on X-Rite Licensing

This meter is offered by X-Rite in three configurations.

- ColorMunki Display: A budget version of this meter family.
- i1 Display Pro III (Retail): The enhanced version of this meter that is available through standard retail channels (e.g., Amazon.com). It ships in retail packaging and includes X-Rite's basic PC monitor profiling software.
- i1 Display Pro III (OEM): The enhanced version of this meter that is available through OEM suppliers, such as ChromaPure. It ships in a plain white box and does not include nor supports X-Rite software. It is supported by most major software vendors that also support the retail version. Other than packaging and licensing restrictions, it is identical to the retail version of the i1 Display Pro III.

Currently, ChromaPure supports the retail and the OEM version (and not the colourmunki).
Last edited by thanatu55 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:14 am, edited 7 times in total.

z4pilot

Bit random... i1 display pro iii and ChromaPure Licence

Post by z4pilot » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:22 pm

I suspect anyone who is in the market for this would know what it is and what it does - and clearly I'm not, but I'm intrigued... what on earth do you use it for? :-?
Now Gone - 2008 Coupe, Montego Blue, Champagne leather and Piano Black interior, Eibachs & Koni Sport shocks, Style 230 19s, Eisenmann Quad - approaching perfection...

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:37 pm

z4pilot wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:22 pm I suspect anyone who is in the market for this would know what it is and what it does - and clearly I'm not, but I'm intrigued... what on earth do you use it for? :-?
It's a colour calibration tool, so that you can ensure you're workflow uses the same colour values from start to finish - despite different monitor colour ranges and room lighting.

A long time ago, we used to have to do this monthly to keep our 10 Macs (with expensive Eizo reference CRTs) colour matched to the scanners (flatbed & drum), and to the printers (laserjet, inkjet, dye sub, wax transfer & RGB 35mm). We'd even send our clients the custom colorsync profile for our workflow.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

noiseboy72

Post by noiseboy72 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:52 pm

Try www.avforums.com Lots of geeks and nerds on there who use this sort of kit to calibrate their home cinema systems.

Ahem... Me included, but I already have that set!!
E85 2.5si Sport in dark blue. Calibre CC S wheels

What could possibly go wrong!

thanatu55

Post by thanatu55 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:52 pm

noiseboy72 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:52 pm Try www.avforums.com Lots of geeks and nerds on there who use this sort of kit to calibrate their home cinema systems.

Ahem... Me included, but I already have that set!!
Thanks I'll give them a go. I'm actually already a member but not been on there in a very long time!

thanatu55

Bit random... i1 display [u][b]3[/b][/u] pro and ChromaPure Licence

Post by thanatu55 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:23 pm

z4pilot wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:22 pm I suspect anyone who is in the market for this would know what it is and what it does - and clearly I'm not, but I'm intrigued... what on earth do you use it for? :-?
As above, calibrating monitors, photography, home cinema systems and projectors for geeks who either need or want to have true to life accurate colour on their screens to see whatever it is they are viewing in the way it was recorded and intended to be seen.

For example someone who works with photography and photoshop may need their screen to accurately represent the image they are viewing or manipulating on screen.

Film geeks and movie buffs want accurate whites, blacks, colour and colour temperature, sharpness etc. to view films the way they were intended to be seen, especially in HD and 4k where a more accurate representation of colour allows you to see more detail in the picture, small nuances in shadows that may otherwise be missed etc. Most TV's (if not all) come with wildly inaccurate settings that boost colour, contrast, brightness and sharpness that some would consider 'ruines' the picture, while others actually prefer the over-processed look.

thanatu55

i1 Display 3 Pro & ChromaPure Licence - Calibration hardware & Software !! PRICE DROPPED CONSIDERABLY !!

Post by thanatu55 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:06 pm

Price dropped