Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED Wanted: Daily driver / run about

You must have a post count >25 to post adverts in here (private sales only, no traders)
Wildfire

Wanted: Daily driver / run about

Post by Wildfire » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:23 pm

Came back from holiday to find the whole OS side of out 2003 1.6 Civic stoved in. Called the insurance they have offered a paltry amount due to age etc. After some arguing I got a bit more.

It was my uncle’s then my brother’s car. So had good provenance.

The OH uses it to drive up to see her mum a lot.

Looking to replace it with something that is reliable for high mileage and mechanically solid with a decent MOT. Ideally 1.6+

Anyone got anything they want to sell? Up to £2k or there abouts.
2007 3.0si Coupe, LED interior lights, Stubby, ZHP, AC Schnitzers, 15mm spacers on the rear. 1993 Modified Pre-Cat TVR Griffith, Ducati Monster 821, MV Agusta F3 675

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:07 pm

Just a thought OP, but how "stove in" is it?

Given the history of the car might it be worth asking your insurer about keeping the car?

Only wondering because my nephew did that earlier this year when he had an altercation with a Tesco delivery van. His E46 only needed a bonnet and a wing, but the insurer decided to write it off - even though they never bothered to even send an engineer to inspect it!

But as his E46 is a 54 plate 325i Sport in Imola Red with full leather finding another would be pretty tricky, and as he had no plans to change it having a DVLA marker on it didn't really matter.

He found a 2nd hand bonnet on ebay and got it fixed for less than the insurance pay-out, so all good in the end.

That may not work for you, but good luck getting things sorted. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Wildfire

Post by Wildfire » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:35 pm

Cheers, sadly it is not recoverable. From a cursory inspection it looks like:
  • 2 buckled front wheels, 1 really isn't round any more and the NS was smashed into the kerb and it has mega positive camber.
    2 blown front tyres
    Damage to all front wishbones and steering arms
    Damage to front bumper
    Damage to OS front wing and A panel
    Damage to floor pan where wing and sills meet
    Damage to OS front door (doesn't open)
    Front window doesn't open
    OS wing mirror ripped off.
    Damage to rear bumper
    Some fluids on the ground.
Pretty bad :cry:

It's one where the car is worth more to us as a vehicle and not in moentary value. Apparenlty no neighbours saw it. :x
2007 3.0si Coupe, LED interior lights, Stubby, ZHP, AC Schnitzers, 15mm spacers on the rear. 1993 Modified Pre-Cat TVR Griffith, Ducati Monster 821, MV Agusta F3 675

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:58 pm

Got a tidy little alfa 147 1.6 twin spark lusso that will be for sale next week..

Metallic black.
70k with lots of history.
Black leather with alcantara doors and roof.
Climate with ice cold aircon.
Will have 12 months mot.
2 keys.
Great bodywork and clean interior.

Will take £800..

Mike

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:27 am

Sad to hear that. :cry: Take a look at Mazda 3s in Auto trader. Darn good value reliable too. Though check the coating on the wheels. On my forth cheap Mazda now. Love em to bits. :D