Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD *SOLD* Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0 CRTD 4x4 for sale

You must have a post count >25 to post adverts in here (private sales only, no traders)
Paulr

*SOLD* Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0 CRTD 4x4 for sale

Post by Paulr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Front.JPG
Front.JPG (222.1 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
Need a cheap, reliable and rugged 4x4 that will not cost much to buy or run, and will not have you fiddling under the car repairing everything every five minutes? Getting any car for £2,000 or so is always a bit of a gamble, let alone a posh 4x4 with huge potential for expensive repairs.

If that worries you, then fear no more, for you have found the idea car. My utterly reliable and comfy Santa Fe 2.0 CRTD has served me and my family exceedingly well over the last 6 years or so, will continue to do so for the next decade and more, I would hazard.
Why am I selling? The children have fled the nest, I only do about 4500 miles a year in it, and we have a new small car that we tend to use all the time now. I no longer require a family sized 4x4 anymore.

Someone will get a really brilliant car that needs no work on it at all. It had it’s annual 10k (or one year in my case) service just 2000 miles ago. All the expensive bits are done, as are the cheaper bits that normally give you trouble. Just get in it, drive it to Scotland and back and congratulate yourself in having made a great buy.

I purchased this 6 years ago with 52,000 miles on it. I liked it because it was not too big, or too thirsty (I regularly get 38-40mpg), had a bright interior, was very well equipped (air con, heated leather seats, nice stereo system, central locking, all round electric windows, electric mirrors, cruise control, nice big powered sunroof, roof bars, tow bar) and it drove and worked superbly. It all still does, very well. Also, it is a bit ‘old school’, so no expensive electronic wizardry to fail, or clutches with dual-mass flywheels to replace at thousands of pounds, or exhaust MAF’s to price up for replacement. It’s simple, solid, reliable and very comfy.
OSR.JPG
OSR.JPG (275.04 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
It now has 112,000 miles and will, I am sure, happily still drive to the moon and back straight off my driveway (putting aside the lack of oxygen, life support systems, launch facilities, roads, fuel stations, & loo breaks along the way). OK, Scotland, no problem whizzing up to Scotland and back. Point is, you don’t need to do anything with it, for a long time I suspect. It’s ready to tackle whatever gets thrown at it.
The black paint polishes up beautifully, the interior is nice and bright with plenty of glass area. Easy to reverse as well, I have fitted reversing sensors.

I have also changed the radio as I wanted one I could plug my MP3 player into. I still have the old one.

I replaced all the suspension springs and shocks at about 95,000 miles, and it had a new OEM clutch fitted at around 100,000 miles.
It had new glow plugs about 90k, a new battery about a year ago, a new steering pump about 95k ish as well.
It has been serviced every year, with the timing belt being changed as per schedule at 70k. It’s due for an MOT which I will do this week anyway, so it will have a full 12 months. I know it will pass with flying colours, as it always has done. Get on-line and have a look at the MOT history. https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

The tyres are all pretty new as well. I replaced the front discs & pads about September last year, and the rear ones about a year ago after an MOT advisory (the only advisory it has ever had).

Bushes have been replaced when required, as have belts and so on. It does not clonk or rattle, and still drives really well, as a recent trip to Brecon Beacons with three up and four kayaks on the roof, and all the gear in the back attests to. From Tunbridge Wells that was a 600 mile weekend, and according to the BBC weather reports, colder than Iceland on the Beacons. The Santa Fe shrugged it off with ease. Bleedin’ cold paddle though.

I am a bit anal about my cars, which includes cleanliness and maintenance, with the result being that this car always looks good & impresses, has never let me down, regularly does 35-40mpg (brim to brim calculation, not the on-board computer), has towed caravans with consummate ease (twin socket tow bar), carries kayaks and open boats to Wales once or twice a year mid-winter, taken the family on holidays all over the place, and is rock solid in the poor weather.

I shall really miss it, but needs must you know. It isn’t perfect obviously, it’s a 12 year old car that has been loved and enjoyed, it has a couple of scratches and small dents as you would expect, but nothing that detracts and for the money I defy you to find a better 4x4.
Anyway, I have waffled on long enough, don’t trust my word for it, give me a ring on 07391 664342 and come and have a look for yourself, wade through the mass of paperwork, admire the condition, make me an offer!
NSR.JPG
NSR.JPG (273.75 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
NSF.JPG
NSF.JPG (256.3 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
IMG_1544.JPG
IMG_1544.JPG (147.8 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
IMG_1542.JPG
IMG_1542.JPG (178.56 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
IMG_1537.JPG
IMG_1537.JPG (194.67 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
Front.JPG
Front.JPG (222.1 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
DRIVERS Side.JPG
DRIVERS Side.JPG (289.04 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
Last edited by Paulr on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you try and take a cat apart the first thing you have is a non working cat.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0 CRTD 4x4 for sale

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:00 pm

Well written ad!!

GLWTS..

Mike

Paulr

Post by Paulr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Thanks. Selling this means my Zed will become my daily car!

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:48 pm

Paulr wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:38 pm Thanks. Selling this means my Zed will become my daily car!
Every cloud and all that... :D

Mike

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:12 am

Paulr wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:38 pm Thanks. Selling this means my Zed will become my daily car!
Great news! :lol:

While I have absolutely no need of a car like a Santa Fe, your advert makes me want to buy it! (But I'll resist). :)

Looks like a great car for someone though for not much money - good luck with the sale. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Paulr

Post by Paulr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:30 pm

Sold to the first person that come to see it!

I love it when a plan comes together.

Paulr

Post by Paulr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:37 pm

How do I edit the title to say 'SOLD'?

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:56 pm

You should see three icon boxes at top right on your original post first page. The left hand one is a pen symbol. Click on it and you can edit what you want. :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

Paulr

Post by Paulr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:45 pm

Thank you.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:06 pm

Did someone from here buy it?
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Paulr

Post by Paulr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:04 pm

No, astonishingly I put it on Facebook Market, it went within a day!