Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Please close - new topic created

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Truth

2006 Z4 M Roadster - 68K miles - full service history and warranty

Post by Truth » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:31 pm

I know, I was joking.
Attachments
3326FB1E-B68C-4AB4-9895-A64D01998467.jpeg
3326FB1E-B68C-4AB4-9895-A64D01998467.jpeg (170.04 KiB) Viewed 942 times
Z4MC

Mroadster

Post by Mroadster » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:33 pm

LOL :rofl:

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:11 pm

:lol: . . . a classic 'Truth'
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

earthdweller

2006 Z4 M Roadster - 69K miles - FSH, warranty - P/X considered

Post by earthdweller » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:49 pm

[quote=Mroadster post_id=1505470 time=1516640210 user_id=22378

and it is evident that these cars are already appreciating, having already touched the lowest point.

As you remembered, an official BMW dealer offered me 12.5k
[/quote]

I’m not totally convinced that they are appreciating at the moment

Prices seem to have slipped on all Zeds over the last year including the M

There are currently 26 on the autotrader most of which seem to have been there a long time and there have been some very nice ones on here that just haven’t sold ... but then again it’s the bleak mid winter maybe it’ll pick up in the spring .. but it doesn’t seem at the moment that there are people buying these cars

12.5k seems a strong offer from a Main dealer as they usually put at least £4K across used cars
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

MefiEcosse

Post by MefiEcosse » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:15 pm

earthdweller wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:49 pm [quote=Mroadster post_id=1505470 time=1516640210 user_id=22378

and it is evident that these cars are already appreciating, having already touched the lowest point.

As you remembered, an official BMW dealer offered me 12.5k
I’m not totally convinced that they are appreciating at the moment

Prices seem to have slipped on all Zeds over the last year including the M

There are currently 26 on the autotrader most of which seem to have been there a long time and there have been some very nice ones on here that just haven’t sold ... but then again it’s the bleak mid winter maybe it’ll pick up in the spring .. but it doesn’t seem at the moment that there are people buying these cars

12.5k seems a strong offer from a Main dealer as they usually put at least £4K across used cars
[/quote]

Certainly not very many selling quickly! I've enquired about a couple of them but they turned out not to be the right car for me, was surprised when one told me he'd be putting the price up by £1k in January when he's already had the car sitting for 2 years! Another told me that they're happy to sit with the car as the market will eventually get to the level they've priced the car at, I made a reasonable offer and the refused to move from asking price, not even by £50! Perception with dealers is that the prices are still rising even if the cars aren't selling!
Alpina Roaster S Lux #310 - Titanium Silver
E85 2.5i Titanium Silver 2003 - Sold Feb 2018

MefiEcosse

Post by MefiEcosse » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:27 pm

I should have added that there's also a couple of dealers that can't be bothered returning phone calls or emails if you ask about the service history! :lol:
Alpina Roaster S Lux #310 - Titanium Silver
E85 2.5i Titanium Silver 2003 - Sold Feb 2018

Truth

Post by Truth » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:22 pm

MefiEcosse wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:15 pm Certainly not very many selling quickly! I've enquired about a couple of them but they turned out not to be the right car for me, was surprised when one told me he'd be putting the price up by £1k in January when he's already had the car sitting for 2 years! Another told me that they're happy to sit with the car as the market will eventually get to the level they've priced the car at, I made a reasonable offer and the refused to move from asking price, not even by £50! Perception with dealers is that the prices are still rising even if the cars aren't selling!
It should be embraced that z4’s (all of them) are sold this way and not bartered down and down. Let’s keep the prices up on ///m’s and the price will go up trickling down through all z4’s I’m glad dealers are sticking their ground with them. I paid full asking price for mine albeit it was £16500 with 52k in 2015. If we keep prices up they will hopefully go the same way z3m’s and CSL’s have gone. On another note, Let’s all shout about how good these cars are and how they are worth every penny!
Z4MC

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:25 pm

Truth wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:22 pm
MefiEcosse wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:15 pm Certainly not very many selling quickly! I've enquired about a couple of them but they turned out not to be the right car for me, was surprised when one told me he'd be putting the price up by £1k in January when he's already had the car sitting for 2 years! Another told me that they're happy to sit with the car as the market will eventually get to the level they've priced the car at, I made a reasonable offer and the refused to move from asking price, not even by £50! Perception with dealers is that the prices are still rising even if the cars aren't selling!
It should be embraced that z4’s (all of them) are sold this way and not bartered down and down. Let’s keep the prices up on ///m’s and the price will go up trickling down through all z4’s I’m glad dealers are sticking their ground with them. I paid full asking price for mine albeit it was £16500 with 52k in 2015. If we keep prices up they will hopefully go the same way z3m’s and CSL’s have gone. On another note, Let’s all shout about how good these cars are and how they are worth every penny!
That's a great ethos when you're stood on the ladder :P those waiting to get on the first rung will see it differently :roll:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Truth

Post by Truth » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:35 pm

I know mate. I did think it would be seen that way when I was typing it. But it’s how I feel. Can’t be call Truth and hide behind thinly vailed lines. Though with all the zed owners on here it would be silly not to try to make our own investments worth more.
Z4MC

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:40 pm

Truth wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:35 pm I know mate. I did think it would be seen that way when I was typing it. But it’s how I feel. Can’t be call Truth and hide behind thinly vailed lines. Though with all the zed owners on here it would be silly not to try to make our own investments worth more.
Totally get your thinking mate , makes ///M ownership even sweeter when your stock is rising :)
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:04 pm

mr wilks wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:40 pm
Truth wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:35 pm I know mate. I did think it would be seen that way when I was typing it. But it’s how I feel. Can’t be call Truth and hide behind thinly vailed lines. Though with all the zed owners on here it would be silly not to try to make our own investments worth more.
Totally get your thinking mate , makes ///M ownership even sweeter when your stock is rising :)
I’d love my car to go up in value .. I’m seriously tempted by an M either as an addition too or replacement of my Si

But it’s not the sellers that drive the market and as someone who watches the market ( as I suppose lots of us do) it does not inspire confidence in splurging money on one seeing all these cars just sitting there for month after month if not years with no obvious discernible movement in the market

A static market where nothing is selling is not a good thing and does not drive interest in the cars and will put off potential purchasers many of whom will be enthusiasts and keen market watchers

If for instance the Porsche market is moving and cars are selling quickly and for good money I’d much rather be sinking £15k+ into that market than on an M where the market for them appears to be dead
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:24 pm

The question for all of us is ..,

Regardless of wrap ( who mentioned the wrap :thumbsup: )

The Op has priced his car in line with all the adverts from mainly dealers ( fair enough ) maybe a touch lower as it’s a private sale ( fair enough ) and it’s what we’d all probably do

But .. he’s priced it in line with a load of cars that aren’t selling

The reason they are not selling and the reason the Op’s Car hasn’t sold for 5 months is simply that they are more expensive than the market will pay

So each of you ask yourself a simple question what price would the Op’s Car or indeed any of the others for sale make you jump in your car and drive straight over and offer him cash on the spot for it ?

8/9/10/11/12 grand ?

Once cars hit that point and start selling like hot cakes and become hard to find ... then priced will rise

Dozens of them sitting there for ever means they are too expensive

Truth

Post by Truth » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:57 pm

earthdweller wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:24 pm The question for all of us is ..,

The Op has priced his car in line with all the adverts from mainly dealers ( fair enough ) maybe a touch lower as it’s a private sale ( fair enough ) and it’s what we’d all probably do

The reason they are not selling and the reason the Op’s Car hasn’t sold for 5 months is simply that they are more expensive than the market will pay

So each of you ask yourself a simple question what price would the Op’s Car or indeed any of the others for sale make you jump in your car and drive straight over and offer him cash on the spot for it ?

8/9/10/11/12 grand ?

Once cars hit that point and start selling like hot cakes and become hard to find ... then priced will rise

A good/fair and eloquent point 8)
Z4MC

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:59 pm

Truth wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:57 pm
earthdweller wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:24 pm The question for all of us is ..,

8/9/10/11/12 grand ?

A good/fair and eloquent point 8)
And a well balanced well judged reply :rofl: :thumbsup:

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:00 pm

I agree with Earthdweller above in that if something doesnt sell it must be too expensive, but if you have exactly what somebody wants there is really no limit.
The other reason I think is that there is nobody wanting to buy what you have.
Even if your vehicle, no matter what it is, is the cheapest on the market ... if nobody wants what you have it wont sell.
The other problem with these cars is the information thats out there regarding running costs. Like info on this very forum.
Personally I would not want an M for these sort of reasons, tax cost, price for some consumables, service costs and not to mention some of the problems that are starting to arise with the age/mileage that they are hitting. There cant be a massive market for 10 year old cars that cost over £10,000 that may or may not need thousands of pounds spent on engine work while in your ownership.
Sometimes the only way you will sell a vehicle, especially something thats a bit different from the norm, is if somebody is actively looking for that particular vehicle.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)