Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Please close - new topic created

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Zoomer

2006 Z4 M Roadster - 69K miles - FSH, warranty - P/X considered

Post by Zoomer » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:08 pm

My comment is not to do with this M in particular, I like all of them but it's a small market place for Potential M buyers, as 12k + is still quite a bit of money , but it's the running costs that turn people off, higher road tax, insurance, servicing, parts etc all make people think, that and also the fear factor of an M engine grenading. I guess that's why most/all of us standard E85/86 owners would love an M but ultimately very few of us actually take that leap. All the best for the sale and I would say keep advertising as we wil shortly be into spring( at least I hope) and there will be more potential buyers that suddenly start looking for that special car. :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey 3.0i E85 Black Heated Leather M sports seats , 224's ,Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Xenons, PDC, Gaptech ,Cruise and a nice warm garage. NOW GONE
Silver 3.0i Z4 NOW GONE

Truth

Post by Truth » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:14 pm

Very true earthdweller. My tax is more than my insurance! Love the m though and even if someone gave me a brand new Aston Martin I would keep the m and sell the Aston and build a sweet garage to keep it in. I love the looks and the visceral and evolved drive it provides.
Z4MC

Mroadster

Post by Mroadster » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:48 am

Z3M roadsters are currently priced on Autotrader between 13k (a 80k miles, 1998 one) and 45k (a pristine, 10k miles one), but on average they are priced 18k to 29k. While Z3 M coupes, they go from 35k to 55k. CSL M3's are 70k.

In total, 15000 Z3 M roadsters and 5000 Z3 M coupes were produced. Only 5000 Z4 M roadsters and 4000 Z4 M coupes were produced. (for worldwide sale, not just the UK. By comparison, 1400 CSLs were produced)

I think the conclusion is obvious.

Why would a Z4M have to go for 8k?? I think whoever owns one at the moment, should hold to them as long as they can. It's even ridiculous to struggle to sell them at 14k, to be honest. If a CSL is worth 70k, and a Z3M coupe is worth 35/55k, then I say a Z4 M is worth at least 35k (if only because they are exactly as rare as the Z3 M coupes, and newer, much better and much rarer than then Z3 M roadsters).

"Just a 10 year old depreciating BMW" :headbang:

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:23 am

Mroadster wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:48 am Z3M roadsters are currently priced on Autotrader between 13k (a 80k miles, 1998 one) and 45k (a pristine, 10k miles one), but on average they are priced 18k to 29k. While Z3 M coupes, they go from 35k to 55k. CSL M3's are 70k.

In total, 15000 Z3 M roadsters and 5000 Z3 M coupes were produced. Only 5000 Z4 M roadsters and 4000 Z4 M coupes were produced. (for worldwide sale, not just the UK. By comparison, 1400 CSLs were produced)

Why would a Z4M have to go for 8k?? I think whoever owns one at the moment, should hold to them as long as they can. It's even ridiculous to struggle to sell them at 14k, to be honest. If a CSL is worth 70k, and a Z3M coupe is worth 35/55k, then I say a Z4 M is worth at least 35k (if only because they are exactly as rare as the Z3 M coupes, and newer, much better and much rarer than then Z3 M roadsters).

Your conclusion may be obvious but the simple truth here is a car that takes 5 months to sell is either flawed or too expensive , we know there are buyers out there for ZMs because we see "wanted" ads very regularly .
Sorry to be blunt now but this sale thread went off the rails many posts ago , you simply won't listen to a weight of advice & that's your prerogative . Your car is heading for 70k , i can't remember the last 70k private sale ZMR pitched on here (that sold) close to £14500 & yours is wrapped :cry: even returned to stock i think you would struggle to see £13k , that's not being nasty or talking values down , its just stating market facts . Now if you don't need to sell then cool , sit back & ride it out & hope for a Z3M situation ( that appears to be total folly to me but that's another story )

Owners of Cayman's or 997 Porsche can't value their cars on the basis that 964s & 993s are worth mega bucks :wink:
GLWS
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:40 am

Mroadster wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:48 am Z3M roadsters are currently priced on Autotrader between 13k (a 80k miles, 1998 one) and 45k (a pristine, 10k miles one), but on average they are priced 18k to 29k. While Z3 M coupes, they go from 35k to 55k. CSL M3's are 70k.

I think you’ve missed my point completely

Anything is only worth what someone will pay for it

.. to say your car must be worth £35k because something different is worth £70k is ridiculous

Maybe .. maybe one day Z4M’s will be worth big money but today no one is buying them at the price people are asking for them

Clearly your phone hasn’t been ringing off the hook for yours at £15k

Why ?

because people don’t want to pay that much for it ... it clearly isn’t worth £15k let alone £35k

The M3 is iconic .. and in earlier forms was a poster car for many 40/50 year olds as youngsters .. some are now in a position to buy that iconic car

I don’t think the Z4 in any form has ever had or is likely to have that iconic status

There were 1206 MRoadsters sold in the UK yet only 695 manual Si Roadsters .. so the Si is rarer in the UK, does that make it more desirable ?

Who knows what a car will be worth in 1 year let alone 5 or 10 years

But it because you want it and enjoy it
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

Truth

Post by Truth » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:18 am

I think we’ve drifted into a realm of wishful thinking. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and somethings can’t be compared to others.... sometimes. I think I’ll exit this conversation here and wish you all the best and hope a buyer finds u and your z.
Z4MC

Mroadster

Post by Mroadster » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:09 pm

Wilks, you have any idea of how many Caymans and 997 were produced? It's in the hundreds of thousands.. yearly.

And you compare it to the situation of a car that had a very limited production of 5 thousands in total.

Earth, I don't think you were serious about that question about the Si being rarer. I have compared three models that are very similar (for one reason or another) and share the same engine, basically. Two of them are already very collectible.

Maybe you guys should just try to explain why a Z3M becomes desirable and priced and you all think a rarer (and generally considered better) Z4M has a different fate, rather than writing about Si and mass production Porsches.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:37 pm

My Porsche reference was simply a analogy to highlight you can't quote the price of apples if you are selling lemons .
Genuinely mate , if a dealer offers you anywhere close to £12500 & you want a sale without removing the wrap then take their cash . Il be amazed if they don't remove it .
You are 1 in 1000 UK M owners who decided that wrapping their ZM was a good idea , fair dos , it does look well but 999 of other owners wouldn't either buy one wrapped or spend £2500 getting it done .
You need to find another 1 in 1000 possible buyers out there who sees it your way :cry: glwt
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

hopz121
Lifer
Lifer

Post by hopz121 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Looks like a nice car OP but as others have said, you need to remove the wrap to get more interest really.

I am sure the paintwork is fine underneath but no one will actually know until they remove the wrap, YouTuber's wrap there calls all the time granted, But they all remove the wrap to sell it on.

People who are buying Z4M's as investments/low cost ownership want standard cars and not cars which are wrapped.

I like the wrap but I would be 100% selling the car with it removed, the market with it as it is currently is tiny unfortunately.

Whatever you decide to do good luck with the sale
2004 BMW E46 M3 Coupe - Manual - Silver Grey
2017 BMW F31 318d M-Sport - Auto - Glacier Silver
2007 Porsche Cayman 2.7 - Manual - Arctic Silver
2003 Renault Clio 172 Cup - Blue
2003 BMW E85 Z4 3.0i - Gone
2008 BMW E90 330i SE - Gone

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:49 pm

mr wilks wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:37 pm My Porsche reference was simply a analogy to highlight you can't quote the price of apples if you are selling lemons .
Genuinely mate , if a dealer offers you anywhere close to £12500 & you want a sale without removing the wrap then take their cash . Il be amazed if they don't remove it .
You are 1 in 1000 UK M owners who decided that wrapping their ZM was a good idea , fair dos , it does look well but 999 of other owners wouldn't either buy one wrapped or spend £2500 getting it done .
You need to find another 1 in 1000 possible buyers out there who sees it your way :cry: glwt
agreed.

you need to stop being so defensive about it. Want to sell it get the ad sorted first as in my honest opinion the pictures are rubbish, the overall arguing about value etc is just pointless and if you want to get rid of it then sell it to the dealer and forget about it.

the car is worth what buyer will pay for it. Simples. And CLEARLY the car is not selling so you're either overpricing it or your ad is rubbish.

Mroadster

Post by Mroadster » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:04 pm

It seriously amuses me how much you people are bothered by my wrap, and how determined you all in repeating and insisting how rubbish, flawed, wrong and overpriced the car is. Like you had nothing better to do in life.

I only expressed my opinion on how in general I believe Z4Ms deserve a collectible status and the owners should make an effort to make it happen, but you all clearly had to steer back the discussion on destroying my sale topic, which is obviously now the most on topic thing. So I yield to that, there's no point in resisting it.

I think it's just funny to leave this shameful thread open, as a monument to how ridiculously people behave in forums.

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:36 pm

Mroadster wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:04 pm It seriously amuses me how much you people are bothered by my wrap, and how determined you all in repeating and insisting how rubbish, flawed, wrong and overpriced the car is. Like you had nothing better to do in life.

I only expressed my opinion on how in general I believe Z4Ms deserve a collectible status and the owners should make an effort to make it happen, but you all clearly had to steer back the discussion on destroying my sale topic, which is obviously now the most on topic thing. So I yield to that, there's no point in resisting it.

I think it's just funny to leave this shameful thread open, as a monument to how ridiculously people behave in forums.
I think people would be less bothered about your wrap if they could see it properly ;) like the orange e89 that was for sale not long ago.

Mroadster

Post by Mroadster » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:46 pm

Buckz wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:36 pm
Mroadster wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:04 pm It seriously amuses me how much you people are bothered by my wrap, and how determined you all in repeating and insisting how rubbish, flawed, wrong and overpriced the car is. Like you had nothing better to do in life.

I think people would be less bothered about your wrap if they could see it properly ;) like the orange e89 that was for sale not long ago.
None of the people that enquired about the car so far was concerned about the wrap in the slightest way.

I already made it clear that at the moment I'm not interested in chasing other buyers, and I explained why.

All what remains really is just forum members that have no interest in buying but don't have anything else better to do than come here and bitch about my car, or give advice on things I already explained why I am not interested in doing, and often sentencing that I'm not selling the car because there must be something wrong with it and I'm not good enough at desperately sell my car for half what it costed me not even two years ago (and in the meanwhile prices in average have risen).

I just can't help but notice that most of them don't own a Z4 M.

(What's the part of "I'm not desperate to sell" and "I won't take the wrap off to chase a buyer" that is so difficult to accept, and why does it bother you guys so much? I honestly don't get it.)
Last edited by Mroadster on Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:41 pm

Mroadster wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:46 pm
Buckz wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:36 pm

None of the people that enquired about the car so far was concerned about the wrap in the slightest way.

I already made it clear that at the moment I'm not interested in chasing other buyers, and I explained why.

All what remains really is just forum members that have no interest in buying but don't have anything else better to do than come here and bitch about my car, or give advice on things I already explained why I am not interested in doing, and often sentencing that I'm not selling the car because there must be wrong with it and I'm not good enough at desperately sell my car for half what it costed me not even two years ago (and in the meanwhile prices in average have risen).

I just can't help but notice that most of them don't own a Z4 M.

(What's the part of "I'm not desperate to sell" and "I won't take the wrap off to chase a buyer" that is so difficult to accept, and why does it bother you guys so much? I honestly don't get it.)
you seem like you want to sell it asap? :| lowered the price, PX considered? doesn't matter if a person is looking to buy the car or owns an M or not. All I personally originally tried to do is help you out by suggesting that better pictures will attract more buyers but you dismissed by saying if anyone is interested enough they will come and view it? bit of a time waste for both isn't it. The wrap being a thing that no other M might have so how the F are people supposed to know it looks good on the car without decent pictures etc? cmon. Help us help you ;)

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:58 pm

Jesus..is it not time to let the guy sell his car in peace, it all seems to be getting rather petty now. :thumbsdown: Its like handbags at dawn :gfight:

Fwiw OP I also think the car looks great in the wrap..I may be in the minority here but it wouldnt put me off if I was in the market for an M
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D