Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wanted Z4M Coupe - Silver Grey

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
weebaws

Wanted Z4M Coupe - Silver Grey

Post by weebaws » Wed May 30, 2012 2:35 pm

Hello all,

After a month or two's searching and either missing out on, or finding cars that looked good only to find they'd missed a running in service etc I thought I'd post up a wanted ad here.

I'm looking for the following:

Silver grey
Nav
Heated Seats
Under 40k miles
Full history
Excellent condition

I will pay top money for a good example.

Drop me a pm.

Cheers,

Kris

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Wanted Z4M Coupe - Silver Grey

Post by flimper » Wed May 30, 2012 3:30 pm

Doesn't meet all your requirements but might be worth a look

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 76#p524776
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

weebaws

Post by weebaws » Wed May 30, 2012 3:40 pm

Looks perfect, but no nav. Nav's a must for me - for the screen more than the actual navigation bit which I know is very dated.

KERMIT1970

Post by KERMIT1970 » Wed May 30, 2012 3:48 pm

Looks like a very nice example. Would you not look at a good tom tom ? If you really need sat nav .Rather than the poor BMW sat nav ! I waited on getting my 335d with sat nav & to be honest wish i hadnt bothered ! Spent all that extra money on it & never use it. Worth a thought. :thumbsup:
Cars: 2016 M4 vert YMB & X3m Comp. E30 325i Sport. Z3M

Gone
: 2014 z4 35is melbourne red & black leather
: 335d M sport Coupe Black with red leather
: z4 Coupe 3.0 si Red with Black Leather 18" CSL`s
: z3 2.2 sport

James_G

Post by James_G » Wed May 30, 2012 9:10 pm

flimper wrote:Doesn't meet all your requirements but might be worth a look

Thanks for promo. Keep this up and I'll owe you a beer :thumbsup:
2006 Z4MC, Silver Grey with Red Leather - Sold
2001 Honda Accord SE Executive, Eternal Blue with Black - Soldiering on

James_G

Post by James_G » Wed May 30, 2012 9:17 pm

weebaws wrote:Looks perfect, but no nav. Nav's a must for me - for the screen more than the actual navigation bit which I know is very dated.
As Flimper very kindly highlighted, my car is back for sale but as you've spotted it has no nav and it doesn't tick you heated seat box either, so probably not the car for you.

Going slightly off topic this highlights what I have thought for a few years now which is that people who buy new cars don't spec cars the way people want to buy them 2nd hand. Everyone wants the toys, but when people have to come to actually pay for them at the beginning all of a sudden they get cold feet. Not helped by salesmen encouraging everyone to waste their money on wheel upgrades no doubt. Yes I'm looking at you everyone who's bought a 320d in white and ordered it with 19s on, but nothing else.

Anyway, good luck with the search.

James_G

Post by James_G » Wed May 30, 2012 9:23 pm

KERMIT1970 wrote:Looks like a very nice example. Would you not look at a good tom tom ? If you really need sat nav .Rather than the poor BMW sat nav ! I waited on getting my 335d with sat nav & to be honest wish i hadnt bothered ! Spent all that extra money on it & never use it. Worth a thought. :thumbsup:
Good point. I get infuriated with my wife's garmin that I occasionally I borrow, such that I often end up just using a map which I find easier. I'd hate to think I'd paid extra to get thoroughly p***ed off every time I went anywhere new.

Of course it sounds like OP wants to use it for MP3 reasons, which is fair enough.

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Wed May 30, 2012 9:58 pm

James_G wrote:
flimper wrote:Doesn't meet all your requirements but might be worth a look

Thanks for promo. Keep this up and I'll owe you a beer :thumbsup:
No probs, just trying to help a great car go to a new home. As for Mp3 connectivity, you don't need satnav, just an aux connector :thumbsup:

And, finding a low mileage well looked after example with all the toys you require may become a bit tricky from now on, compromises may be neccessary
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

weebaws

Post by weebaws » Thu May 31, 2012 11:03 am

Thanks guys for the feedback.

I know I may need to compromise at some point. I'm not in any mad rush though and am happy to wait for the right car.

As I said, I want nav for the screen in the car rather than the actual navigation function. Heated seats I would come and go on, but I wouldnt look at something without either.

I thought I'd found the perfect car the other day but it turns out it hadn't had it's running in service until 8000 miles!