Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4M Coupe with BMW Warranty (Dec 2006)

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
James_G

Z4M Coupe with BMW Warranty (Dec 2006)

Post by James_G » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:29 pm

Onwards and upwards on the car front so after nearly two highly enjoyable years, my Z4MC is up for sale.

First registered on 18th December 2006 to a media company and subsequently bought by their company director and then by me in October 2009, meaning three owners, but just two drivers.

Silver grey with red leather, which is a colour combination I really love and I think suits the car very well. 35,200 miles with full BMW history of course and it's just had an oil service, and now showing 15,000 miles or two years to the next service. In addition it is covered by BMW Extended Comprehensive warranty which is fully paid up and has no excess. This expires on the 3rd November 2011 and is transferable to any new owner, therefore should anything go wrong once you've bought it you will be covered.

Spec is the usual M refinements such as electric seats with driver memory and xenons . Options fitted to my car include:

- Rear PDC
- Logic7/DSP hi-fi
- 6 CD Changer

Plus there is a Tracker Monitor fitted (and currently with an active subscription) and the all important Aux-in too. Car is not subject to any finance or HPI arrangement.

Price: £16,000

More details and photos can be seen here:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3107467.htm

I'm selling to move on and will be attempting to get myself into either an early 997 or to go back to a one car strategy and get a newer M3 after being very impressed on a recent test drive.

Cheers James

Last edited by James_G on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2006 Z4MC, Silver Grey with Red Leather - Sold
2001 Honda Accord SE Executive, Eternal Blue with Black - Soldiering on

inkey$
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Z4M Coupe with BMW Warranty (Dec 2006)

Post by inkey$ » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:53 am

Good luck with the sale James. Know you would have loved and cherished this coupe after being a previous recipient from one of your stable. Look forward to hearing what you end up with.
:thumbsup:
Current: Project Audi A2 1.4SE
Previously: Z3R 2.8 • E46 330i • Z4R 3.0 • Z4///MC • E90 335i • Z4///MR • Z3///MC 'Breadvan' • Z3R 2.8 • E30 325i R • Z4C • Z4R 3.0

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:35 am

Second the comment that this car will have been well looked after. Best of luck :thumbsup:
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

James_G

Post by James_G » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:00 pm

Thanks chaps, appreciate the comments and makes all the weekends of cleaning worthwhile.

Inkey$ - great to have you joining the Z4MC club too!

James_G

Post by James_G » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:25 pm

Phew, there seems to be plenty of us selling Z4MCs at the moment and hearing that others have had viewings and I haven't means a reduction in price.

Now at £17,500 for an immaculate car (not just my words - see above) with BMW warranty and still 14,500 miles showing until the next service.

inkey$
Lifer
Lifer

Post by inkey$ » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:09 am

Seems to quite a tough market at present for sellers James, so hope you get lucky with a buyer soon. Yours is a fine example and deserves a good home. Good luck :thumbsup:
James_G wrote:Inkey$ - great to have you joining the Z4MC club too!
...yes, in the end I went for it after an offer I couldnt refuse. Finally have my dream Zed and it's so much more than even I was expecting :D
Current: Project Audi A2 1.4SE
Previously: Z3R 2.8 • E46 330i • Z4R 3.0 • Z4///MC • E90 335i • Z4///MR • Z3///MC 'Breadvan' • Z3R 2.8 • E30 325i R • Z4C • Z4R 3.0

James_G

Post by James_G » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:29 pm

I've got to say I'm a bit disappointed. In all previous cases when I've advertised a car a few days in there's always somebody who rings from Birmingham telling me he'll give me some low ball price to collect it that afternoon and that I've clearly got my price wrong. Then there's the chancers who always say they are coming from Muswell Hill with a "mate" and then never actually turn up. Normally I just smile and then sell to somebody genuinely interested the next day.

None of that this time, just one email and exactly zero phonecalls from anybody, even traders pretending to be genuine buyers.

So bump to the top. Can't be long before I drop the price to £15k just to get people out of the woodwork :poke:

Hark

Post by Hark » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:05 pm

James_G wrote:I've got to say I'm a bit disappointed. In all previous cases when I've advertised a car a few days in there's always somebody who rings from Birmingham telling me he'll give me some low ball price to collect it that afternoon and that I've clearly got my price wrong. Then there's the chancers who always say they are coming from Muswell Hill with a "mate" and then never actually turn up. Normally I just smile and then sell to somebody genuinely interested the next day.

None of that this time, just one email and exactly zero phonecalls from anybody, even traders pretending to be genuine buyers.

So bump to the top. Can't be long before I drop the price to £15k just to get people out of the woodwork :poke:
Mines at £15k and 1 phone call bud, so I wouldn't even get too excited about selling at £15k. At least coupes won't get hit by the winter dip.

CHEAP HIGH SPEC 2007 Z4M for Sale http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2918727.htm

CeeDee

Post by CeeDee » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:51 pm

Tempting, but only started researching these cars this weekend and don't know enough yet to commit the hard earned.

I used to run a Caterham 7 AND a shopping car, now just down to the shopping car (plus wife's Forester); I fear I may have made the wrong decision - seems I prefer driving to shopping!

James_G

Post by James_G » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:28 pm

CeeDee wrote:Tempting, but only started researching these cars this weekend and don't know enough yet to commit the hard earned.

I used to run a Caterham 7 AND a shopping car, now just down to the shopping car (plus wife's Forester); I fear I may have made the wrong decision - seems I prefer driving to shopping!
It's still available and now looking cleaner than ever having spent today topping up the shine (Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub for those interested in such things)

Oh, and based on some chat on another thread I'm pleased to point out that the car doesn't have any outstanding finance or HPI on it.

James_G

Post by James_G » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:40 pm

Bump and a price drop.

IK.

Post by IK. » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:58 pm

Absolutely gorgeous! How have you got the interior so new looking? :D
Currently car-less!
Previous: Z4 3.0si Coupe & Z4M Roadster
Plus a few others!

James_G

Post by James_G » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:09 pm

Thanks. I use a pretty simple selection of products:

RaceGlaze Leather Cleaner and Conditioner for the seats, steering wheel etc.
Meguiars APC for the plastic surfaces
Autoglym Fast Glass for the glass

And that's it really. Oh, and a Dyson.

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Thu May 24, 2012 11:59 am

Are you still selling James? I know you have become a bit disillusioned, but I'm sure if this went back up on Pistonheads, it would go quickly now the sun has started to shine again :)
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

James_G

Post by James_G » Thu May 24, 2012 11:14 pm

flimper wrote:Are you still selling James? I know you have become a bit disillusioned, but I'm sure if this went back up on Pistonheads, it would go quickly now the sun has started to shine again :)
I wasn't selling but there again I got confirmation on Monday PM that my new project is based in Switzerland, and so for the next 3 months I'm going to be there every Mon - Thurs meaning little time to use it. Checking the mileage this evening I've only done 2500 miles since August last year, so it ought to go really. Think I'll sort the Pistonheads advert tomorrow. Unfortunately I haven't cleaned it since the hose pipe ban, but it looks identical to how it does in those photos, and I'll just get busy with the watering cans when someone comes to view.