Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD: Z4 M Coupe For Sale:

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Nickm

Re: SOLD: Z4 M Coupe For Sale:

Post by Nickm » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:11 am

Ben, don't ever think you'll be that lucky if you ever have to sell - try the Barbie or Jordan Forums - Pink will rule there mate!

You still going to gaydon tomorrow?

playalistic

Post by playalistic » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:13 am

Nah can't make it unfortunately. Also my colour car + GAYdon is going to send out the wrong messages

Nickm

Post by Nickm » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:16 am

i did think that but didn't want to offend anyone - unless you're thinking the Z4 is a purely hetrosexual car!!

markos

Post by markos » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:48 am

Many thanks guys! :D

I'm really liking it so far, looks and sounds just fantastic, performance isn't too bad either :wink:

Have to say it feels so much more special than my E46 M3 vert...

Got a stubby waiting to fit to it tomorrow, and might try and look for the CD changer cables to try and fit the Intravee as the Nav display is looking a bit basic when playing CDs!
R8 4.2 V8... Previous: Sapphire Black MC | red/black bi-colour heated seats | nav with camera alerts | BT | extended storage | elec folding mirrors | PDC | loudspeaker upgrade | Intravee | CSL reps | Remus backboxes

Woodcutter

SOLD: Z4 M Coupe For Sale:

Post by Woodcutter » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:00 pm

Well Markos, still loving the car I hope?

I recently bought a Cayman S, and after a blast in it today I think I preferred by old Z4MC...I am tempted to punt it on and either get another CSL or Z4.

markos

Post by markos » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:13 pm

Graeme!!! Been meaning to drop you a line about the Porker! You have my email, send me some pics through (or stick them on here?). Did you manage to get one with a good spec?

I'm guessing the Z4MC feels a bit more raw? I reckon they are more striking-looking too, though I do like the look of the Cayman, and your average Joe will 'coo' more over a Porker more than a BMW I guess... Right now the Z4MC is absolutely perfect for me: when I see Caymans they almost look a bit 'normal' whereas the MC looks a bit bonkers which I love... Not discounting a Cayman S at some stage though, that could be my next car...

But yes, really loving the car thanks, I'm still excited to have one even though I've had it 8 months now... Even the whole trip to get the car feels like it was a good adventure which as you know was actually very stressfull thanks to the bank suspending my account :o

Have I heard rumours CSL prices are softening slightly? Their residuals have been amazing so far. They are an immense car as you know Graeme, think I'd be tempted by a Sapphire Black one over the Silver Grey...
R8 4.2 V8... Previous: Sapphire Black MC | red/black bi-colour heated seats | nav with camera alerts | BT | extended storage | elec folding mirrors | PDC | loudspeaker upgrade | Intravee | CSL reps | Remus backboxes

Woodcutter

Post by Woodcutter » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:20 am

Hi Markos,

Yes I managed to get the spec I wanted, Seal Grey with PASM, Nav, park assist, Bose, phone, heated seats and the all important Porsche warranty.

The handling is absolutely superb, especially with PASM activated, which stiffens the suspension. It's very well balanced and predictable, but can feel a little clinical compared to the rawness of the cars I've had previously, Z4MC and CSL especially. Nevertheless, it sounds lovely with the flat six, and has quite a bit more torque than the S54 engine which makes for effortless progress, you don't need to drop a cog as much as in the Beemers.

That was a stressful sale day here in Belfast, did you ever get sorted with that stupid bank? I couldn't believe it was happening, I was pushed for time as it was due to flying out the following morning for a week's holiday! :rofl:

As for CSL prices, I'm not so sure they're softening much to be honest, you will still be hard pushed to pick a nice car up for less than £25k, which is what I sold my 45k miler for back in 2009. Higher mileage cars will be cheap, warranty price increases quite drastically I think at 60k miles which may have an impact on residuals. They are not a car to own outside of warranty, unless you have very deep pockets.

Some of the carbon fibre part prices have doubled/tripled in the last 18 months, a bumper is now £5k painted, interior door panels are £4k each, steering wheel is £800 etc etc.

markos

Post by markos » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi Graeme

Sorted in around 4 days with the bank; reading online I saw some people have had their accounts suspended for months... I also discovered they withdrew all the money from the account whilst it was suspended. Never got a full explanation or even apology :thumbsdown:

You're right about BMW warranty after 60k going ballistic. Just had more of a check on CSLs: yep, you will need £25k+ for a nice one...fantastic residuals in these uncertain times! Crazy about the cost of parts for them, I saw one company recently advertising used CSL seats and door cards for £5k!

You seriously considering shifting the Cayman S on? What disappoints you with it, or is it just not 'better' enough than Z4MC/CSLs for the price it commands?

IK.

Post by IK. » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:50 pm

I had exactly the same experience; albeit I had a 3.0si at the time.

The Cayman S I drove was absolutely fantastic at taking corners beautifully, and doing so without drama... That was why I didn't like it. It's too accomplished, which ultimately made it a bit boring.
Currently car-less!
Previous: Z4 3.0si Coupe & Z4M Roadster
Plus a few others!