Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE Advice sought re Z4 sale

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
First Attack

Advice sought re Z4 sale

Post by First Attack » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:59 am

2010 Z4 E89 sDrive 23i Roadster, Space Grey, Black Kansas leather heated sports seats, extended lighting, comfort access, ash grain fine wood interior trim high gloss, DAB digital radio, USB audio interface, 18” 293 style alloys, through load storage, no smoking pack,FSH all by BMW, 10500 miles, immaculate condition.

Hi All, my dad is considering selling his above vehicle that he has owned since new.
As he is useless with computers I am seeking advice and asking is this forum a good place to sell the vehicle or is there other places to sell it that you would recommend.
I would be grateful for any genuine advice re selling this Z4 and/or what is a fair price for a great car.

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Advice sought re Z4 sale

Post by Ole gits rule » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:04 am

Hi, while this sounds like a decent low mileage example, however, as you have placed posted in the for sale section forum rules dictate that you must put a price in the advert.

Also some pics will go a long way to helping with advice but the obvious is Autotrader / Ebay to advertise the car
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Timmyboybunter

Advice sought re Z4 sale

Post by Timmyboybunter » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:07 am

Welcome :D

Car sounds lovely, with some uncommon-ish options and a crazy mileage.

Definitely worth a decent advert here, I'll always recommend Auto Trader and Ebay on top.

Price wise, it's usually a good idea to stick it into 'We Buy Any Car' and 'Wizzle' to see what comes up (with that mileage you may well get some interested dealers bidding the price up), then a quick check through similar cars on Auto Trader and make a decision based on that. Start high, with a view to dropping later or cutting a deal (though bear in mind we're at the back end of the summer). Auto Trader will give you an estimate too.

Depending on manual/auto (Edit: and iDrive) I'd imagine £13k+ with those miles. Good luck! (and kudos for helping your Dad out)
2012 VW Passat 1.4 Tsi Estate
2005 Mercedes CLK 55 AMG
2015 E89 BMW Z4 sDrive35iS (sold)
2010 E89 BMW Z4 sDrive30i (sold)
2003 E85 BMW Z4 3.0 (sold)

First Attack

Advice sought re Z4 sale

Post by First Attack » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:12 am

Hi thanks for your advice, my dad has no idea what a fair price is for his car as it has very low miles and immaculate condition.
I will try to attend him over the next week and take/ post photos of the car. I live some distance away from him and there is no chance that he would know how post photos on this forum.

First Attack

Advice sought re Z4 sale

Post by First Attack » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:17 am

Again thanks for the super swift advice.
I will do the research you suggested and get the photos posted.
As my dad hasn’t sold a car privately in many years it is a big deal for him.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Advice sought re Z4 sale

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:23 am

I'm sure that in this instance you will be forgiven for not putting a price in? But the mods may move this to a different section for now, just to save upsetting any OCD members. :roll:
Hopefully you will find all the info you need if you spend a little time browsing through the recent sales on the forum as a starting point.

May be worth asking if there are any kind members near your dad who would consider helping him out with photos etc? You never know.
Whereabouts is he?

Of course the logical course of action is to tell him you've researched it and sadly the bottom has dropped out of the market.
Being dutiful and loving, you will help by buying it from him.............. :wink:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

2k35is

Advice sought re Z4 sale

Post by 2k35is » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:46 am

PM'd you
Dec 2009 Z4 35i DCT Deep Sea Blue
2018 3 door Cooper S DCT
sold 2003 e46 330ci Convertible

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Advice sought re Z4 sale

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:28 pm

Hello and welcome, as mentioned run some valuations through to see what comes back. Even share your findings if looking for further advice and guidance.

The one that sprung immediately to mind after reading your post was viewtopic.php?f=41&t=129667&hilit=13k the first page sort of mirrors your query.

The models and age are slightly different but the additional options and lower mileage probably put them pretty much on par give or take.

Shame your dad is having to get rid but :thumbsup: for helping your dad. The comment about seeing if any members are local to your dad and could help out is a good shout.

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)