Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED Seeking an immaculate Z4 35is

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Z4MAD

Seeking an immaculate Z4 35is

Post by Z4MAD » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:10 pm

Pondrew wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:27 pm
Z4MAD wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:12 pm As an post script to that before written, I note from another thread that you have negotiated the acquisition of an BMW that has four seats but is an convertible. Am I to presuppose that in the light of the aforementioned you will soon commence a thread extolling the virtues of an BMW with four seats?
I can't help but smile when I read your ridiculous posts. Admittedly I don't understand most of them, but still make me chuckle. :thumbsup:
Have to be a bit careful not to diversify too much on here; it can upset the natives. It is Z4s all the way really (for obvious reasons).
You are allowed to post elsewhere on the forum, you know.
Dearest Comrade Pondrew,

Yay, I say unto you, it is nay my fault that I am not as yet in possession of an BMW; more particularly an BMW Z4 35is. Indeed, I could write an whole tome, a thesis even on the convoluted and indeed serpentine travails that have been set before me by purveyors both private and commercial of the aforementioned thaumaturgical behemothic-motorised horseless carriage. Much of it you would struggle to assimilate or indeed believe such is the diminished degree of veracity of the so-called purveyors. I have no doubt that when I am least expecting such a device to arrive, one will appear, I shall love it and keep it forever (as is my wont) it will spend its entirety of life within my orphanage in which the children of wholly iniquitous personages have been abandoned and cast aside only for their single-parent to beget yet another. And here they are protected, safe and secure within my fort, with its portcullis sustaining their security forevermore.

I have ruminated deeply on this matter; I am by no means colour-prejudiced, but I am thinking that Melbourne Red would look quite swish, as would that lovely mid-blue metallic of which I know not its nomenclature. It seems to me, by way of casual observation that so many cars from all manufacturers are proportionately great in number of a whole panoply of shades from silver, through to dark grey and black with myriad intermediate shades between. I also quite like the yellow which appears to be similar to the Ferrari shade of giallo-fly. Should I acquire such a machine in said colour, I would then have emblazoned along both sides at a height of nine and one half of an inch these words written in jet black copperplate: "Why So Serious?"

With kind regards,

MAD of Spearmint Rhino Manor

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:47 pm

Don't think they did the 35is in yellow
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:55 pm

Pondrew wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:47 pm Don't think they did the 35is in yellow
35i/iS’s came in AY :thumbsup:

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=130144

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Z4MAD

Post by Z4MAD » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:11 pm

Pondrew wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:47 pm Don't think they did the 35is in yellow
    Dearest Comrade Pondrew,

Suddenly, I realise I have become a forum member with an exiguous degree of expertise. This has been revealed by your goodself who know not what colours the Illustrious, Thaumaturgical, Road Burning, Tarmac Shredding (with the Behemothic Sex Cylinder, Twin Turbo-charged, with Three Hundred and Forty Equines of Power, may be painted.

I suspect the Ferrari Giallo Fly Yellow is likely to be perceived as an Marmite colour on the BMW Z4. It is quite a wild colour that would imbue the conductor of the machine with a certain aspect of eccentricity; I have a registration number that would be wonderfully apt on an Z4 in this particular hue.

With kind regards,

MAD
    Last edited by Z4MAD on Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:33 pm

Z4MAD wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:11 pm I have a registration number that would be wonderfully hugely apt on an Z4 in this particular hue.
    MAD
    What is it; CU51ARD? Or E89 0 YUK?
    All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Mazda3 sold

Z4MAD

Post by Z4MAD » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:27 pm

Pondrew wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:33 pm
    Z4MAD wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:11 pm I have a registration number that would be wonderfully hugely apt on an Z4 in this particular hue.
    MAD
    What is it; CU51ARD? Or E89 0 YUK?
    Dearest Comrade Pondrew,

Nay, I regret to advise you that neither of your prospective registration numbers is even close. However, the CU51ARD would be more than excellent; the E90 0 YUK is just a little too esoteric; the registration which will adorn the BMW Z4 35is when it arrives will be completely, utterly and wildly exoteric. Everyone that views it will see it for exactly what it is........ something that is absolutely spellbinding and quite perfect for a High Priest of Pantisocracy.

With kind regards,

MAD - Master of Prestidigitation (Acronym - MOP)

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:34 pm

Z4MAD wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:27 pm Pantisocracy.
    Prestidigitation (Acronym - MOP)
    Where do you get these words from? I've never heard of either of those (and am getting a little tired of having to look them up TBH) :thumbsup:

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Mazda3 sold

Z4MAD

Post by Z4MAD » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:52 pm

Pondrew wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:34 pm
    Z4MAD wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:27 pm Pantisocracy.
    Prestidigitation (Acronym - MOP)
    Where do you get these words from? I've never heard of either of those (and am getting a little tired of having to look them up TBH) :thumbsup:
    Dearest Comrade Pondrew,

I spent a goodly part of my life weaving nets to catch the wind and it is from following this most interesting of occupations that progressively I became an logophile, such the aspect became perquisite and indeed omnifarious to my life; albeit that I will, on occasions use an ellipsis.

With kind regards,

MAD - Prince of Pleonasm conjoined to concinnity

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:07 pm

Z4MAD wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:52 pm I spent a goodly part of my life weaving nets to catch the wind and it is from following this most interesting of occupations that progressively I became an logophile, such the aspect became perquisite and indeed omnifarious to my life; albeit that I will, on occasions use an ellipsis.
    I give up. You win :o

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Mazda3 sold

Z4MAD

Post by Z4MAD » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:19 pm

Pondrew wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:07 pm
    Z4MAD wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:52 pm I spent a goodly part of my life weaving nets to catch the wind and it is from following this most interesting of occupations that progressively I became an logophile, such the aspect became perquisite and indeed omnifarious to my life; albeit that I will, on occasions use an ellipsis.
    I give up. You win :o
    Dearest Comrade Pondrew,

There is nothing to win, and conversely, there is nothing to lose. And as Confucious said; A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials. For myself, I would direct you to a poem by an American poet of the Nineteenth Century named Henry Wadsworth Longfellow; the poem is entitled 'The Builders' it is a quite remarkable poem in which he utilises aspects of building and architecture in an allegorical and indeed analogous manner therefrom to use those aspects to symbolically forge a character,... it is centred around aspects of morality, behaving correctly if you will,... essentially utilising the old language of Fidelity, Trust, Prudence, Fortitude, Respect, Self Control, Diligence, Dignity and Honour............. I thought I would throw an ellipsis in for good measure :-)

With kind regards,

MAD
    Last edited by Z4MAD on Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:29 pm

Z4MAD wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:19 pm there is nothing to loose.
    Got ya! Lose not loose :D :D :D
    A typographical error, maybe. A small victory, nonetheless :lol:
    Last edited by Pondrew on Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Mazda3 sold

Z4MAD

Post by Z4MAD » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:34 pm

Pondrew wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:29 pm
    Dearest Comrade Pondrew,

Indeed you have, well spotted :thumbsup:

With kind regards,

MAD

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:39 pm

Z4MAD wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:34 pm
    Dearest Comrade Pondrew,

With kind regards,

MAD
    Have you noticed everybody else has given up on this thread, except you and I?
    I am starting to feel like an outcast (like that hasn't happened 'afore) and I blame your good self :D

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Mazda3 sold

Z4MAD

Post by Z4MAD » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:49 pm

Dearest Comrades One and All,

I thought I should mention that my target of three thousand viewings by an half past eight o'clock this eventide has been exceeded by a country mile; the running total is now at three thousand three hundred and forty two. I am wondering would it be worthwhile erecting a turnstile and making a charge for admission, with all proceeds going to the mission of the wives or partners of Z4 aficionado's that may perchance require a new Rolex watch, with diamonds of course :-)

With kind regards,

MAD

Z4MAD

Post by Z4MAD » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:52 pm

Pondrew wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:39 pm
    Z4MAD wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:34 pm
    Dearest Comrade Pondrew,

With kind regards,

MAD
    Have you noticed everybody else has given up on this thread, except you and I?
    I am starting to feel like an outcast (like that hasn't happened 'afore) and I blame your good self :D
    Dearest Comrade Pondrew,

You need to be more positive about this matter, for it not a matter of them giving up, it is more a matter of them not keeping up :-)

With kind regards,

MAD