Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE Z4M- not mine!

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Z4M- not mine!

Post by bigwinn » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:47 pm

just talking to my man now-

I'm 50% chucking a bid on for £13,500 and 50% waiting to see if it doesnt hit reserve and calling the dealer direct to see if a deal can be had

the list of stuff on it to buyer beware is putting me off

No MOT
needs wheel bearing (s)
suspension knock from front
noise on dipping clutch

BUT

Good service history and last owner since 2010
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Z4M- not mine!

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:25 pm

Apart from a bit of kudos, and the ability to say you had one, what real world advantage will you get over the one you have now?

You have to wonder, with such a 'special' car, why it went to a clearance auction in the first place?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Z4M- not mine!

Post by tomscott » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:16 pm

Probably because you could sink 5+k into it super easily and it would make sense to buy a 18-20k car with better milage and a record of full maintenance.

Bearings, Water pump, disks and pads all round, tyres, engine and gearbox mounts, it will need new suspension all round at that milage. Sounds like a clutch and flywheel... Will it need an inspection? etc

Those are just top level things that's not including paint condition and other gremlins...

A decent coupe is like 20-22k at what half the milage 60-65k so really will all the above you would be about the same with 120k+ miles.

Ive had mine 2 years and spent 5k on it so far and it was a good condition 63k miler...

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Z4M- not mine!

Post by bigwinn » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:24 pm

It stuck at 12,500 and never made reserve

Head overruled heart thankfully with good counsel from Martin @enuff-zedd

Appreciate the view Tom I think I knew that but needed it confirming

Stuart

EWS Delete PM me

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Z4M- not mine!

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:02 pm

bigwinn wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:24 pm It stuck at 12,500 and never made reserve

Head overruled heart thankfully with good counsel from Martin @enuff-zedd

Appreciate the view Tom I think I knew that but needed it confirming

Stuart
So tell the missus you just saved £12500. Then buy another doer-upper for 2 or 3 grand and she'll think you're still in profit. :poke:
You know it makes sense Rodney :thumbsup:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Z4M- not mine!

Post by bigwinn » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:08 pm

This time next year we will be millionaires

Good call that

EWS Delete PM me

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Z4M- not mine!

Post by tomscott » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:25 pm

Usually if its too good to be true it usually is!

The Ms arent expensive to buy but to keep them right they are... had a few conversations with people recently and I think my car is probably worth 15k I payed 500 less for it and spent 5k on it so far and still need bearings, mounts and a sus refresh so the question is where do you stop because its all dead money.

Unlike other brands currently they aren't appreciating at rocket pace like 911s and the market is fairly slow there are plenty of cars and lots are expensive without good history and from what I've seen not really moving unless they are priced keenly and have had the scary work done.

In my case with some paint I want doing, what I've already had done and work that needs/I want doing I could be 22-24 into the car which will never ever come back so probably worth moving it on in a couple of years and enjoy it for what it is.

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Z4M- not mine!

Post by bigwinn » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:26 pm

Agreed Tom- and I took mine into work today, the 40 mile drive each way was a blast: and at that point I think less of what it’s worth, what I’ve sunk into it etc and enjoy it for what it is!!!

EWS Delete PM me

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4M- not mine!

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:18 pm

With those declared issues I think £12,500 was plenty! I'd be surprised if there weren't some more as well.

And as Tom said maintaining an M doesn't come cheap.

I'd love to know how many of those £20K+ cars advertised actually sell, and how long it takes. Status' one looked like a good example of an Imola Red MC, but he ended up selling to Motorway!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black