Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NO LONGER WANTED Z4MR

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Scarcey

Z4MR

Post by Scarcey » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:49 pm

Hi All

New to the forum. I haven’t posted in the newbie section as I’m currently not an owner. I’ll do so if I’m ever fortunate enough to own one.

As the subject states, I’m after a Z4MR. I’ve fallen short/been pipped to the post a couple of times now which is great for the people that got in before me; sucks for me though.

I’m being quite particular with spec. Needs are as follows:

- isofix & pass airbag off (so needs to be 07 onwards)
- colour not a deal breaker but would prefer blue black or grey.
- will consider anything up to 60k miles. Around 40k-50k would be ideal.
- needs a decent/full service history (inc. running in etc.)

I consider myself to have a good budget and the funds are waiting.

If anyone knows of one coming up soon that’d be great. Please help before I go and buy a b**ster :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Cheers

Ben
Last edited by Scarcey on Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4MR

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:30 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum Ben. :thumbsup:

Given that only just over 600 MRs came to the UK you aren't going to have too many to choose from once you take your requirements into account.

This looks like a good example, but it's a 2006 model:- viewtopic.php?f=41&t=130267. But it might be worth asking about ISOFIX as I think it was an option before it became standard fit.

Anyway good luck finding the right one, and don't forget we'll expect photos! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Scarcey

Z4MR

Post by Scarcey » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:39 pm

Thanks. I’ve been looking for a while. Learnt after the first few attempts that I’d need the funds available first before going for it.

Sod’s law dictates that now I have the funds, nothing seems to be coming up that ticks the boxes.

I look forward to sharing pics when the time comes. I’ve always promised myself an Z4MR, it’s been an ‘achievable’ dream car since I saw them upon their release as an 18 year old.

srhutch

Z4MR

Post by srhutch » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:53 pm

Hi and welcome.

As said isofix was an option, but im guessing hardly specified so yes MY07 onwards probably.

Good luck with your search :thumbsup:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4MR

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:26 pm

Scarcey wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:39 pm I’ve always promised myself an Z4MR, it’s been an ‘achievable’ dream car since I saw them upon their release as an 18 year old.
Now you're making me feel old! :o

I always wanted an MC since they came out, but I was 47 then. :roll:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Scarcey

Z4MR

Post by Scarcey » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:38 am

Always been an aspirational target to get one. Lucky enough to be in the position to now.

I can’t seem to reply to inbox messages. I don’t suppose anyone knows why or how I can get that feature working? Do I need to ask admin nicely?

SiJar

Z4MR

Post by SiJar » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:45 am

My Z4MC which was on a 07 plate never came with ISOFIX so must have been later.
Z4///MC

Scarcey

Z4MR

Post by Scarcey » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:15 am

Hello

My understanding was it was an optional extra. Some 07 have them; some don’t depending on whether the original owner ticked the box.

I’ve found most that have them have everything or very nearly everything ticked.

Calps

Z4MR

Post by Calps » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:56 am

Scarcey wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:38 am Always been an aspirational target to get one. Lucky enough to be in the position to now.

I can’t seem to reply to inbox messages. I don’t suppose anyone knows why or how I can get that feature working? Do I need to ask admin nicely?
Welcome, and good luck with your search. I believe you need to have made 3+ posts before you are bestowed the privilege of sending inbox messages. Fortunately, you have just surpassed that milestone so hopefully it will work for you now!
MelZ: Black Sapphire Z4C

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Z4MR

Post by tomscott » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:58 am

Welcome!

Like you I loved these when I was at school. Had the coupe as my computer background and bought one when I was 23. MCoupe the first time round and now on my second which is a Z4MR.

Silver grey the first one and imola red the second :thumbsup:

Randomly have a few pics of them together from back in 2013/14

ImageZ4-forum Cumbria National Meet 2013 43 by Tom Scott, on Flickr

ImageZ4-forum Cumbria National Meet 2013 34 by Tom Scott, on Flickr

ImageZ4-Forum Cumbria National Meet 2014 by Tom Scott, on Flickr

Great cars you will love it and good luck with the search.

Scarcey

Z4MR

Post by Scarcey » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:19 pm

Welcome, and good luck with your search. I believe you need to have made 3+ posts before you are bestowed the privilege of sending inbox messages. Fortunately, you have just surpassed that milestone so hopefully it will work for you now!
[/quote]

Thank you! All working now.

Scarcey

Z4MR

Post by Scarcey » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:22 pm

tomscott wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:58 am Welcome!

Like you I loved these when I was at school. Had the coupe as my computer background and bought one when I was 23. MCoupe the first time round and now on my second which is a Z4MR.

Silver grey the first one and imola red the second :thumbsup:

Randomly have a few pics of them together from back in 2013/14

ImageZ4-forum Cumbria National Meet 2013 43 by Tom Scott, on Flickr

ImageZ4-forum Cumbria National Meet 2013 34 by Tom Scott, on Flickr

ImageZ4-Forum Cumbria National Meet 2014 by Tom Scott, on Flickr

Great cars you will love it and good luck with the search.
Nice. That’s good going for one at 23. Kudos. Bet the insurance company loved you!!

I’m thoroughly looking forward to owning one and hopefully attending some meets.

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Z4MR

Post by tomscott » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:19 pm

Benefit of growing up in the country… The insurance was £800. At the time the Z was 5 years old 43k and 17.5k from BMW with a 2 year warranty. Nobody wanted them and it was the middle of the financial crisis. Man I wish car prices were like that now… you could get a 964 for like 8k back then…

I was looking at E46 M3s also but they were double the insurance simply because there were so many, cheap and loads of young guys were buying and writing them off. The Z4M being rare was definitely beneficial.

The Cumbria National meet is absolutely something you should consider, best roads of Cumbria, Yorkshire dales and sometimes parts of the North East 👍🏻

Good test for the new purchase :)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4MR

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:32 pm

tomscott wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:19 pm Benefit of growing up in the country… The insurance was £800. At the time the Z was 5 years old 43k and 17.5k from BMW with a 2 year warranty. Nobody wanted them and it was the middle of the financial crisis. Man I wish car prices were like that now… you could get a 964 for like 8k back then…
Wow, that seems so cheap Tom! I don't think you'd get a 43K mile MC for £17.5K privately now. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Scarcey

Z4MR

Post by Scarcey » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:45 pm

tomscott wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:19 pm Benefit of growing up in the country… The insurance was £800. At the time the Z was 5 years old 43k and 17.5k from BMW with a 2 year warranty. Nobody wanted them and it was the middle of the financial crisis. Man I wish car prices were like that now… you could get a 964 for like 8k back then…

I was looking at E46 M3s also but they were double the insurance simply because there were so many, cheap and loads of young guys were buying and writing them off. The Z4M being rare was definitely beneficial.

The Cumbria National meet is absolutely something you should consider, best roads of Cumbria, Yorkshire dales and sometimes parts of the North East 👍🏻

Good test for the new purchase :)
Nice. That is not bad at all; £800 seems a bargain. I’m based in Suffolk so will probably stay local in the first instance. Zedfest will probably be a must at some point, then venture further afield.