Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NO LONGER WANTED (Updated Post) - Wanted 3.0 Litre manual low mileage roadster (or 6 cylinder E89 manual 23i M-Sport)

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
longleydel

(Updated Post) - Wanted 3.0 Litre manual low mileage roadster (or 6 cylinder E89 manual 23i M-Sport)

Post by longleydel » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:05 pm

Thank you for your comments. Yes, it was an earlier lnk you shared.

It was the first car I had viewed, and they say never buy the first one you see.

But the car drove really well, looked fantastic, clearly very well cared for and full service history (just serviced with new MOT) and 40,000 miles on the odometer which I confirmed through an HPI check and DVLA Mot history.

I have read that BMW engines tend to burn a little oil, but after some 330 miles with just a short break, the oil level was unchanged from when I left Cornwall.

Derek

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

(Updated Post) - Wanted 3.0 Litre manual low mileage roadster (or 6 cylinder E89 manual 23i M-Sport)

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:09 pm

longleydel wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:05 pm Thank you for your comments. Yes, it was an earlier lnk you shared.

It was the first car I had viewed, and they say never buy the first one you see.

But the car drove really well, looked fantastic, clearly very well cared for and full service history (just serviced with new MOT) and 40,000 miles on the odometer which I confirmed through an HPI check and DVLA Mot history.

I have read that BMW engines tend to burn a little oil, but after some 330 miles with just a short break, the oil level was unchanged from when I left Cornwall.

Derek
I bought the first house I viewed three years ago - costing me a fortune :rofl: (all planned), I am sure the car will be top notch, I would have gone for that if I wanted an e85 :thumbsup:
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:19 pm

longleydel wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:05 pm

Derek
My first 2 Z4s were the first ones I viewed and I didn't regret it either time - sometimes you just know it's the right car. :wink:

As far as oil consumption goes I wouldn't expect it to use any at that mileage! The only car I've owned with the M54 engine like yours was an E46 325ti Compact that I bought on 80K and over it's last 15K miles it only used 2.5 litres - which is well below BMW's idea of acceptable!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:58 am

Thats a great looking car (but I would say that as its very similar to mine)

Enjoy it- well done!

Stuart
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

longleydel

Post by longleydel » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:16 pm

Hi, thanks everyone for all your positive comments. Really pleased with my Z4.

As a metter of interest, do Z4 owners ever meet up socially, perhaps at a local area pub (or perhaps a motor sport event) to talk to others about their cars?

This was something that regularily happened when I owned MGB's (MGCC,MGOC) - really showing my age now.

Just a thought?

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:19 pm

Yes, there are some local meets and a few larger ones.

Here's a link to that section of the forum:- viewforum.php?f=14
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

longleydel

Post by longleydel » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:15 pm

Great, thank you.

Derek