Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD Z4M Coupe Imola Red - £11000

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Z4M Coupe Imola Red - £11000

Post by mr wilks » Sun May 09, 2021 6:00 pm

I wouldn't beat yourselves up too much on "missing" out :roll: "mutton dressed as lamb" springs to mind & trading into a dealer means it will undoubtedly surface sometime soon .
Take it for what it is , a 15yr old ZM S54 that has no record of either bottom end or top end overhaul (min £1k-£1200 for the bearing shell replacement ) .
By the sellers admission it requires £400 of parts ( + fitting costs ) to get the suspension back to where it should be .
The 224's require a set of tyres ( £450ish) & most likely a wheel refurb prior ( £250ish )
It has alu trim , always a negative on any ZM
It has paint issues , realistically a front end respray circa £750-£1000 ?
Arch liners need replacing .
The diff has been oil changed but has a whine :cry:
Both original keys have issues ? £200 ?

So what do you do as the new owner ?

You have yourself a 135k ZMC , if it was in front of you with absolutely no spend required it would struggle to sell at £13500/£14k ( i'm being generous :oops: )
Spend on the necessary stuff ? You would soon have yourself a "white elephant " albeit Imola red :oops:
Risk it & run it into the tarmac until it fails ?

Think yourselves fortunate fellas , into the trade was the best thing for this one unless driven away £9k :cry:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Gustavo7

Post by Gustavo7 » Sun May 09, 2021 7:48 pm

Hardly a mutton dressed as a lamb.

This was my old car, I have put close to 50.000 miles on it as a daily driver. No expense spared.

I kinda regretted fitting the coilovers as a change of job turned a 25mile motorway commute into a particularly bad 25 mile B-road commute, meaning I was not enjoying it anymore. Plus, after 5 years of ownership I fancied a change, 4 seats and a V8.

Good luck to the next owner.
Imola Red Z4MC

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun May 09, 2021 7:54 pm

Gustavo7 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:48 pm Hardly a mutton dressed as a lamb.

This was my old car, I have put close to 50.000 miles on it as a daily driver. No expense spared.

I kinda regretted fitting the coilovers as a change of job turned a 25mile motorway commute into a particularly bad 25 mile B-road commute, meaning I was not enjoying it anymore. Plus, after 5 years of ownership I fancied a change, 4 seats and a V8.

Well it is in respect of what looks like a immaculate example of a ZMC in glorious Imola actually has a list of "to do's" that would easily see the car into the price territory of something with far less mileage & less looming spend .
The older these cars get & the leggier they get the game of snakes & ladders will only intensify .
Buying this car even at £11k leaves the new owner chasing his tail ( jmo of course)
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

dougie1142

Post by dougie1142 » Sun May 09, 2021 8:12 pm

Gustavo7 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:48 pm Hardly a mutton dressed as a lamb.

Were you the seller?

I guess in response to the others, i had earmarked it for track use and was fed up worrying about mileage, paint, condition etc. I was going to order rod bearings and ARP rod bolts the weekend i picked it up and do the work myself so factoring that cost it in became fairly affordable track/road car.

May find myself without a Z4 after this week! :? :cry:

Gustavo7

Post by Gustavo7 » Sun May 09, 2021 8:36 pm

dougie1142 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:12 pm
Were you the seller?

I guess in response to the others, i had earmarked it for track use and was fed up worrying about mileage, paint, condition etc. I was going to order rod bearings and ARP rod bolts the weekend i picked it up and do the work myself so factoring that cost it in became fairly affordable track/road car.

No, I sold it to the OP a year ago. With BC racing coilovers, rear powerflex adjustable arms and powerflex polybushes all around it would have been great for what you wanted.
Imola Red Z4MC

dougie1142

Post by dougie1142 » Sun May 09, 2021 8:44 pm

Gustavo7 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:36 pm
dougie1142 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:12 pm
Were you the seller?

No, I sold it to the OP a year ago. With BC racing coilovers, rear powerflex adjustable arms and powerflex polybushes all around it would have been great for what you wanted.
Ah gotcha, i got sent a bunch of photos and videos and it looked ideal. Very curious what the OP got for it as a trade in, it must have been close to the asking price as i'd already agreed i'd happily give him the asking price, i can't imagine the trade in value would be anywhere near that. I asked him the garage that it got traded in to, and i was going to give them a call tomorrow and offer them straight up cash for a quick turnaround this week, but no replies.