Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD 2011 Z4 35is with BMW Insured Warranty - Special Offer!

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

2011 Z4 35is with BMW Insured Warranty - Special Offer!

Post by Pondrew » Wed May 19, 2021 10:32 pm

Cuprat wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:18 pm Looking forward to an early start collecting the car tomorrow.

It’s a long drive home but a nice drive and a good chance to get used to the car.
From what I can tell I reckon you have got yourself a bit of a bargain there pal. If I were you I would be smiling all the way home. Congrats and hope you stay here as a regular contributor. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

TeeMac

Post by TeeMac » Thu May 20, 2021 12:47 pm

Nice meeting you Cuprat, safe home :driving: :D

texasjohn

Post by texasjohn » Thu May 20, 2021 1:44 pm

Result!!!
Gone: Z4 3.0i SMG Titanium Silver/Black, Z4MR Sepang Bronze/Sepang, Z4MR Silver Grey

TeeMac

Post by TeeMac » Thu May 20, 2021 3:50 pm

Bit of an odd experience this, sitting posting a comment on the Z4 forum when I don't have a Z4 anymore :headbang: . Although I started posting in 2017 when I got the E89, I'd been a regular reader/user of the myriad advice threads during the years when I had the E86, which dates from 2012 or thereabouts.

Anyway, many thanks to the many of you who have provided great advice on here down the years. You have little idea how helpful you are to the rest of us.

Drive safely. :driving:

T

Cuprat

Post by Cuprat » Thu May 20, 2021 4:37 pm

Well an early start (5am) up to Glasgow and a meeting with TeeMac today. I can’t thank him enough for both his honest appraisal of what is a really well conditioned car and his help with collection from the Train station etc

Deciding to buy the car, speaking to Tony and returning home with it took 24hrs - I think a decent effort for a car 200+ miles away :).

I haven’t bought privately for I think 30 years and that was for my all time favourite car - 2.8i Capri. That was a great fun rear wheel drive car and driving home today I got that same feel albeit with a bit more power and luxury!

I’ve no doubt I’ll be asking questions along the way so thanks in advance for any help…. If you see a black car in the Skipton area, give me a wave :)

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu May 20, 2021 4:45 pm

TeeMac wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:50 pm Bit of an odd experience this, sitting posting a comment on the Z4 forum when I don't have a Z4 anymore :headbang: . Although I started posting in 2017 when I got the E89, I'd been a regular reader/user of the myriad advice threads during the years when I had the E86, which dates from 2012 or thereabouts.

Anyway, many thanks to the many of you who have provided great advice on here down the years. You have little idea how helpful you are to the rest of us.

Drive safely. :driving:

T
Some still do without a Zed :oops:

Glad you got the car away, hassle free. Very much mirrors my recent sale with tiglon, (Will) absolute pleasure and stress and hassle free :thumbsup:

I’m sure you’ll still check in and keep your account going for when you get your next Z4 :poke:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu May 20, 2021 4:47 pm

Cuprat wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:37 pm Well an early start (5am) up to Glasgow and a meeting with TeeMac today. I can’t thank him enough for both his honest appraisal of what is a really well conditioned car and his help with collection from the Train station etc

Deciding to buy the car, speaking to Tony and returning home with it took 24hrs - I think a decent effort for a car 200+ miles away :).

I haven’t bought privately for I think 30 years and that was for my all time favourite car - 2.8i Capri. That was a great fun rear wheel drive car and driving home today I got that same feel albeit with a bit more power and luxury!

I’ve no doubt I’ll be asking questions along the way so thanks in advance for any help…. If you see a black car in the Skipton area, give me a wave :)
    Well worth the journey and all went well.

Enjoy many new miles in your new Zed, and yes, slightly more power and luxury than your 2.8i :driving:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

TeeMac

Post by TeeMac » Thu May 20, 2021 4:47 pm

Cuprat wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:37 pm Well an early start (5am) up to Glasgow and a meeting with TeeMac today. I can’t thank him enough for both his honest appraisal of what is a really well conditioned car and his help with collection from the Train station etc

Your decision making is faultless :D

Enjoy yourself.

Mr Tidy
      Legend
      Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu May 20, 2021 7:58 pm

That sounds like a great day out - I hope you enjoyed the drive home. :driving:

Gotta love plenty of power and RWD - I bought my first 2.8i Capri 37 years ago. :roll:
      Coupes because stunning!
      Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
      Gone - Montego Blue
      Gone - Ruby Black

Nanu
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Nanu » Thu May 20, 2021 8:07 pm

tiglon wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:56 pm For anyone not considering this car because of distance, a flight from Stansted to Glasgow costs from about £30, which is pretty much free when you're buying a £16k car! If you're feeling fancy you can get BA from Heathrow for around £60.

The bus ride into Glasgow from the airport is pricey at around a tenner, but you can get a hotel room for approximately peanuts.

Sounds like a good excuse for a drive home through the lake district to me. Or the NC500...
      I travelled to London from Sunderland and back on the same day to collect my current car 6 years ago. Had only seen it advertised at a dealership, phoned them up and they supplied me with a full video with commentary of the car. The first time I saw it in the flesh was 20 mins before I actually bought it.

As said, the journey is part of the joy of buying a new car. Driving 300 miles home in a 35is for the first time was just the best experience. :D
      G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
      E89 35is Valencia Orange
      E89 28i Crimson
      E89 25i White

craig3.2
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:33 pm

Another decent 35is sold at a fair price,and with sensible mileage etc.

Glad it all went well for both parties.
      Pity the weather hasn't been too great up here recently.

Seems to be a regular flow of 35is' for sale recently.
      Something in the water,lol?
      Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
      Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Ole gits rule
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Fri May 21, 2021 4:53 pm

craig3.2 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:33 pm Another decent 35is sold at a fair price,and with sensible mileage etc.

Prices rocketing and people seeing an opportunity to move a car on at a premium and I don't blame them one bit - hope there's a few around next year when I want to buy :thumbsup:
      M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
      2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

craig3.2
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:10 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:53 pm
      craig3.2 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:33 pm Another decent 35is sold at a fair price,and with sensible mileage etc.

Prices rocketing and people seeing an opportunity to move a car on at a premium and I don't blame them one bit - hope there's a few around next year when I want to buy :thumbsup:

Yeah,seems to be the case.
      They are a dying breed of sports car,with a turbo's six cylinder engine.
      Seen some up at over 30k, albeit with under 10k miles.
      Going the same way as the M's.
      Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
      Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Ole gits rule
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Fri May 21, 2021 5:14 pm

[/quote]

Yeah,seems to be the case.
      They are a dying breed of sports car,with a turbo's six cylinder engine.
      Seen some up at over 30k, albeit with under 10k miles.
      Going the same way as the M's.
      [/quote]

Yep - 10 plates over 20K now so they seem to be in demand as most are selling.

Hope they drop somewhat when this year is out so I can afford one, otherwise I am sticking with the one I have :(
      M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
      2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Nictrix
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Fri May 21, 2021 5:31 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:53 pm
      My advice would be dont wait.
      We were not looking at upgrading our 23i last year but the right spec came along and we jumped at the chance.
      E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)