Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE BMW Z4 2.0 SE in Dark Grey - 2005

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Chris4

BMW Z4 2.0 SE in Dark Grey - 2005

Post by Chris4 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:52 pm

Last edited by Chris4 on Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

motomikey

Post by motomikey » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:09 pm

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but a few of hours of elbow grease would’ve went a long way here. I just think if you’re offering your car for sale on a Z4 enthusiast forum then why not present it in a way that would be more appealing to a potential buyer.

I don’t know much about Zeds this age or price range, but it seems like a decent enough car to me that should get a bit of interest if it had a proper tidy up.

Good luck with the sale.
2015 /// E89 35i /// Estoril Blue with Canberra Beige Kansas Leather

Chris4

Post by Chris4 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:50 am

Thanks for the feedback though not sure where I need to apply the elbow grease except for maybe making the wheels look very shiny and shining up the tyres?

The car is washed and waxed regularly and cleaned inside too. The engine does not get cleaned as this can be misleading to buyers as you can't see any issues e.g. leaks.

For what it is it's a good example of a 2.0 Z4 that's been looked after and I felt the pictures are representative of what a buyer would come to see. If you could point to specifics that would be more helpful.

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:34 am

Firstly, welcome to the forum. It’s a shame you’re here to sell your Z and not join the community.
Chris4 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:50 am The engine does not get cleaned as this can be misleading to buyers as you can't see any issues e.g. leaks.
:rofl: never heard that before.

For the price you’re asking, buyers might be reassured to know that you care about what happens under bonnet.

Good luck with sale though, looks like a nice motor for someone.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Chris4

Post by Chris4 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:40 am

Hi thanks for the welcome. I had originally joined as I was trying to get into a Z4C myself but ended up sticking with my 130i.

I've always been wary of a sparkling clean engine bay when buying a car. I won't let it get to the stage where it's horrendous, but as a buyer myself it's much easier to spot oil leaks and see what has been changed/messed with in an engine bay that has not been cleaned fastidiously.

Perhaps the ad doesn't make it clear but if we've had problems with the car then we've had them sorted e.g. the O2 sensor, the coolant expansion tank and we even got the rocker cover gasket replaced as "preventative maintenance". In fact a lot of the pipes for the coolant system have been replaced as the coolant dumped all over the road soon after we got it, this means that a lot of the brittle plastic bits under the bonnet are new and are fit for many years/miles to come. And on top of all that I ensure that both this car and my own are kept in good working order, i.e. I take my 130i on track so it needs to be in great condition, whenever I'm working on that I give the Z4 a once over too.

As you say, it's a good car for someone and if it doesn't sell we won't be disappointed either!

motomikey

Post by motomikey » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:56 pm

Chris4 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:50 am Thanks for the feedback though not sure where I need to apply the elbow grease except for maybe making the wheels look very shiny and shining up the tyres?

The car is washed and waxed regularly and cleaned inside too. The engine does not get cleaned as this can be misleading to buyers as you can't see any issues e.g. leaks.

For what it is it's a good example of a 2.0 Z4 that's been looked after and I felt the pictures are representative of what a buyer would come to see. If you could point to specifics that would be more helpful.
No worries. Like I said, pls don't take the wrong way. You're the seller and it's up to you how you want to present your car to the market. Personally I'm not weary of a car that looks like it's been fastidiously cleaned... in fact that's what I initially look for... tells me a lot about the sort of life it's had.

OTOH, I'm anal about detailing, so not everyone shares my views 8)

motomikey

Post by motomikey » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:05 pm

If you're still not convinced that people don't like fastidious cleanliness, then take a look at this thread and all the subsequent comments

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=127886

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:55 pm

It is horses for courses here, I like a clean car and having clean engine would not put me off and I would be tempted to think the car is well looked after. :thumbsup:
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.