Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NO LONGER WANTED E89 35iS - would consider 35i

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
tiglon

E89 35iS - would consider 35i

Post by tiglon » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:30 am

Looks like I've just missed out on a bargain, but fingers crossed another will come up. I'm prepared to be patient for the right car at a fair price.

I'm open to variations but my ideal is Valencia Orange with low mileage. Modifications & tuning don't discourage me, as long as I like the way it looks, sounds and drives.

I have a realistic budget for this but I refuse to pay £24k+ to a dealer who I know just picked it up for a few grand less and did nothing but polish it, put some nice filters on the photos and conveniently forget to mention it's been remapped! I've bought from Sytner before but their pricing for these is bonkers and I'd probably trust an enthusiast owner more.
Last edited by tiglon on Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
2014 E89 35is Valencia Orange 788M wheels (M2 Competition), E90 M3 control arms, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, MHD Stage 1

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:42 am

Just seen that ibooker's car has now gone.

VO is rare - 35iS is rare so together you will need to be patient
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

CraigP

Post by CraigP » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:37 pm

How about this one on AT, seems to match your requirements ?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... =on&page=1

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:55 pm

CraigP wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:37 pm How about this one on AT, seems to match your requirements ?

All depending on what the OP is looking for re toys but it’s not a great spec, no iDrive, base stereo and I think no heated seats as can’t see lights/emblems on the switch panel.

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:10 pm

CraigP wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:37 pm How about this one on AT, seems to match your requirements ?

There's nothing like a detailed advert; and that is nothing like a detailed advert :o
    The location looks very familiar from other adverts I've seen recently (might be wrong as there are loads of these modern blocks all over).
    There are way too many private adverts that are no such thing IMO (not saying that one is, though).
    On the plus side, MOT history looks OK :thumbsup:
    All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
    Mazda3 sold
    Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Ole gits rule
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:37 pm

Pondrew wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:10 pm

There's nothing like a detailed advert; and that is nothing like a detailed advert :o
    The location looks very familiar from other adverts I've seen recently (might be wrong as there are loads of these modern blocks all over).
    There are way too many private adverts that are no such thing IMO (not saying that one is, though).
    that's been for sale for months, as you say very basic spec so probably not shifting quickly :(
    2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:07 pm

Pondrew wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:10 pm

I don’t think it’s a regular location just think the cars been on sale a few times , obviously with no takers, and hit a few threads so you may have seen it because of that.

Advert hasn’t improved any and the spec is pretty poor for one of the 35’s

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

tiglon

Post by tiglon » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:15 pm

Thanks for sharing that one - I'm not too bothered about toys and gadgets, I'm really just in it for the engine and the way they look. I can add the gadgets later if I want to.

I've had a look at that ad a few times and it's on my "maybe" list. The lack of detail puts me off (if you can't be bothered to write a description for £17k, how much effort are you going to put into car maintenance?), and at least one of the wheels looks badly kerbed. Bit confused as to why he's increased the price of it this week despite it being up for a while. Perhaps he's getting p!ssed off with stupid offers - I've been there!

I'd prefer lower mileage, but maybe I'm being too picky... might be worth a phonecall.
      2014 E89 35is Valencia Orange 788M wheels (M2 Competition), E90 M3 control arms, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, MHD Stage 1

Ole gits rule
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:19 pm

That has been up for sale for months and the spec is poor at a minimum you need heated seats to allow you to drive on milder days, those with the heaters on its nice n toasty to drive on a cold crisp morning with the roof down :D

tiglon

Post by tiglon » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:26 pm

A HPI check gives a clue as to why it's not shifting - outstanding finance.

Ole gits rule
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:33 pm

tiglon wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:26 pm A HPI check gives a clue as to why it's not shifting - outstanding finance.
      Then the seller needs to state this and that he will pay it off before its sold or it will sit there forever, I would not touch it with a bargepole if he is not placing this is in the ad. My Brother in law did buy an Eos years ago that was on finance but the guy he bought it ff paid the finance in front of him.

Mavster

Post by Mavster » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:38 pm

Mines available. There should be an add from last year on here. 2013 Facelift Deep-sea Blue 57k miles. Its got a few body/ wheel mods, but pretty much all OEM available with the car.

Heres the link :thumbsup:

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=121255
      Last edited by Mavster on Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      E89 35iS

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:39 pm

tiglon wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:26 pm A HPI check gives a clue as to why it's not shifting - outstanding finance.
      I think spec will be affecting it more than that as the finance is easily cleared as part of the deal. As OGR said heated seats are a minimum for a Zed in the U.K.

I know you say you’re not fussed about toys but others are when it comes to resale time, and probably a large proportion of the reason it’s not selling, along with the very poor advert. As I mentioned earlier IMO, heated seats, IDrive and upgraded sound system are a must in a car at that price irrespective of model but even more important in a 35 :thumbsup:

Ole gits rule
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:44 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:39 pm
        I think spec will be affecting it more than that as the finance is easily cleared as part of the deal. As OGR said heated seats are a minimum for a Zed in the U.K.

I know you say you’re not fussed about toys but others are when it comes to resale time, and probably a large proportion of the reason it’s not selling, along with the very poor advert. As I mentioned earlier IMO, heated seats, IDrive and upgraded sound system are a must in a car at that price irrespective of model but even more important in a 35 :thumbsup:
        The seats and upgraded stereo are critical in a Zed, for a 35i I would not buy without an iDrive, I bought one with the toys I wanted and believe people will seek when I sell as it is an important part of the enjoyment but also the selling process.

I do admit that advert is pretty poor, hell even if you have no clue, look at other ads and see how they are written / formed to get yours out there and at the same time check pricing level against similar cars otherwise you are just throwing money at A/t for no reason :(

tiglon

Post by tiglon » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:04 pm

Appreciate what's being said about spec - my 30i was completely basic spec and, while I was very happy with it, it was difficult to sell. I'm looking to buy and keep long term, but you never know what life will throw at you.

Mavster, I was aiming for lower mileage, but ARBs and suspension upgrades are top of my mods list. How long have you owned her? Were all the mods done under your ownership?