Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE 2007 Z4M with 26k miles just come up on eBay

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

2007 Z4M with 26k miles just come up on eBay

Post by Jembo » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:02 pm

mr wilks wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:15 pm I think £15k Jembo is a step too far :wink:
A tactic to see if they were interested in a conversation :wink: :wink: obviously not yet...

With clear interest, any dealer will hold out... though if it’s still there 31st Jan it’ll be obvious the minimalistic S/H’s a problem & it’ll then just be a matter of whether the owner needs to get it sold

I remember a supercharged & race modified blue ///M roady which started off north of £25k... I spoke to who finally bought it after 7-8months of being listed & the impression I got was he acquired it close to what I suggested
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:22 pm

Jembo wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:02 pm
mr wilks wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:15 pm I think £15k Jembo is a step too far :wink:
A tactic to see if they were interested in a conversation :wink: :wink: obviously not yet...

With clear interest, any dealer will hold out... though if it’s still there 31st Jan it’ll be obvious the minimalistic S/H’s a problem & it’ll then just be a matter of whether the owner needs to get it sold

I remember a supercharged & race modified blue ///M roady which started off north of £25k... I spoke to who finally bought it after 7-8months of being listed & the impression I got was he acquired it close to what I suggested
Never any harm making contact & chatting numbers , very often it can lead to middle ground but you have to weigh up what's on offer , its a lovely looking car , great colour combo / spec & obviously the very appealing mileage of just 26k .
You can gripe about the history but that is what it is now , stamps in books rarely determine a cars current condition so anyone interested needs to get their toes in front of it , have good look & more importantly listen , a decent S54 stands out pretty easily , so does a bad one :cry:
Also needs bearing in mind there are 2 sellers with this car , the owner most likely would settle for £17k/£18k when presented with the facts on Ins2 , at the same time the dealer isn't going to punt it on for nothing & is probably not fussed if it sits in his showroom for 12 months , he is unlikely to have any money tied up in it .
If the car was of interest after viewing there needs to be a 3 way chitchat to find the figure to make all parties happy , there will be one .
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

MichaelPorter80

Post by MichaelPorter80 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:03 pm

Japseroony wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:10 pm
Jembo wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:50 am OP - Suggest you ask yourself is there a price point you’d still buy it?

If so, suggest you have a conversation with the seller, saying whilst the car is low milage it’ll always have this shoestring budget service history which for any future buyer will be an issue.

IMO, if it runs & drives cleanly, if you acquired it for around £15k then I think that’s be fair to both parties
So spoken to the stealer who is apparently selling for a customer.

I asked what would buy the car taking into account the service history and he said they had turned down an offer of £19,000 so my interest ceased right there and then and no discussion was allowed as the stealer put the phone down on me when I said I was thinking along the lines of £15,000 due to the poor service history :thumbsdown:

Not worth further thought even with the low mileage as like others have said its the selling on that will cause me issues in the future :headbang:
Have you seen mine for sale? Cheeky ask but I can answer any questions you might have... it’s on the sale board. I’m open to sensible offers. Higher mileage but VANOS and Rod bearings both done last year
Plus new back boxes and full service history and all invoices. 3 owners including me...
1st Z4 bought in 2009 - Sapphire Black, 2.0l Sport SOLD
2nd Z4 bought in 2013 - Midnight Blue, 2.0l Sport SOLD
3rd Z4 bought in 2019 - Sapphire Black Z4MR Imola Red Leather