Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE 2003 3.0i SE Manual- Maldives blue & Hyd steering.

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
legacy4cam

2003 3.0i SE Manual- Maldives blue & Hyd steering.

Post by legacy4cam » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:50 pm

seats.jpg
seats.jpg (78.59 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
Advertising for sale my 2003 (53) Z4 manual in Maldives Blue. 82k miles with only 3 owners , myself for the last 3.5 yrs and 20k miles. I bought it as a 3 month summer car after a Chimaera, and kind of got hooked on it!.

I know the later Si model has 30 more horses, but I truly don't think I've ever been disappointed or embarrassed by this one, its plenty quick for the road and I'm the limiting factor long before the car is..

Photographs taken today after a wash, no filters, no fancy fillers. Its that fresh and clean looking. There is the usual rash/chips ahead of the rear wheels, I have considered having the skirts and front bumper pained to remove the chips, but it looks so good I've simply not bothered. The car has a clean MOT history, has never been used during winter months ( I bought if from a couple who kept it in a carpeted garage), so is really clean underneath as well. Wheels were refurbished to a very high standard before I bough the car, and still have zero marks. The 4 brake discs were replaced last year , and I have also changed diff and gearbox oils, along with removing the clutch delay valve.

When I bought the car, it had a touch of sticky steering..I adjusted it out with the collar mod, but was always conscious that the steering was the biggest let down after owning a TVR Chimaera. I collected all the parts and fitted Hydraulic steering , purple tag rack, genuine Z4M steering coupling shaft and so forth. This was all fitted 3 years ago and is "factory" in its installation. Not a difficult mod really once you find the bits,but transforms the car and removes this age of Z4 3.0 of its most likely large repair bill. I have and will include all parts to return to standard if that was someone's desire. ( Or sell these to someone needing a motor ?) The only downside to the mod is the yellow steering wheel lamp is illuminated in the dash, could be solved by removing dash or someone really clever at coding I'm certain. Never an issue for me.

The car has just had an A/C service, oil and filter, brand new windscreen and surround trim, new battery and 2 fully working cup holders!

It has electric memory heated seats, Business stereo, Parrot bluetooth & music, 2 keys, all wallets and documents .

I am asking strong money, but it truly is the best one I looked at , and I've still not seen many I would consider better. If it doesn't sell , I will run until October and then tuck up for the winter.

Asking Price is £5150 ono.

Car is in central Scotland , happy to supply and photos or answer any questions on 07818 407233.

Long read so thanks for sticking this far, and whilst every one has and is entitled to opinions, negative comments about cheaper cars on FB/Gumtree etc are really not necessary .. thanks. Hopefully someone is looking for a nice , genuine, unmolested manual car, sensible miles , decent spec and with the bonus of no sticky steering to ever worry about.

Cheers,

Iain Image
Attachments
photo3.jpg
photo3.jpg (76.27 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
pho2.jpg
pho2.jpg (101.76 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
10.jpg
10.jpg (86.34 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
9.jpg
9.jpg (101.76 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
8.jpg
8.jpg (96.94 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
7.jpg
7.jpg (104.18 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (86.48 KiB) Viewed 1076 times

Warming

Post by Warming » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:12 am

Great looking Z4! The hyd steering sounds like a brilliant mod. :thumbsup:

legacy4cam

Post by legacy4cam » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:41 pm

Car now sold. Thanks to those who messaged .