Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NO LONGER WANTED E86 Manual Sport Coupe

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Jare

E86 Manual Sport Coupe

Post by Jare » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:42 pm

Hi All,

I've been searching for a Z4C for a few months now after seeing a few on the market when I didn't quite have the cash and was considering other options, but now of course as soon as I'm ready to buy, all of the good ones have sold and the rest are out of my 6-6.5k pricerange :D

Now that I've settled on a Z4C and ruled out the other cars on the shortlist, these are the musts;
FSH
Sport
Manual
Ideally under 100k unless it's well kept (no foggy headlights/dings)
No beige/white interior

Things I'd prefer:
Red Leather
Exterior colour I'm not too fussed about, but I do like dark grey (not sure what the colour code is)

I'm based in South London/Surrey and willing to travel around the country if any of you are looking to part ways or know anybody who is!

Appreciate anyone that's able to help with the search!
Last edited by Jare on Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

E86 Manual Sport Coupe

Post by firebobby » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:16 pm

Foggy headlights are an easy DIY repair, you just polish the plastic casings
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

E86 Manual Sport Coupe

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:38 pm

Well mine might fit some of your criteria, although it does have Pearl Grey leather. :(

But then it's done less than 92K miles, has some history and it's a manual Sport.

Plus I'm not too far away as I'm on the Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey borders - and I'll be in the Sutton area on Saturday.

And being realistic I'd expect some haggling on price, plus I'd rather it went to a forum member!

Link here just in case you are interested:- viewtopic.php?f=41&t=119180
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Jare

E86 Manual Sport Coupe

Post by Jare » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:52 am

firebobby wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:16 pm Foggy headlights are an easy DIY repair, you just polish the plastic casings
That's why I'm kind of using it as a metric for private sales, if the owner hasn't taken that step (especially when prepping the car for sale) it can be telling of how they treated it
Mr Tidy wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:38 pm Well mine might fit some of your criteria, although it does have Pearl Grey leather. :(

But then it's done less than 92K miles, has some history and it's a manual Sport.

Plus I'm not too far away as I'm on the Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey borders - and I'll be in the Sutton area on Saturday.

And being realistic I'd expect some haggling on price, plus I'd rather it went to a forum member!

Link here just in case you are interested:- viewtopic.php?f=41&t=119180
I've actually come across yours a couple of times now, and while it's the first time I've seen those wheels which are probably my favourite OEM(?) wheels, the interior is just a deal breaker for me :(