Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NO LONGER WANTED Wanted. Z4 Coupe SI Sport ~9k Budget

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
mgrlane

Wanted. Z4 Coupe SI Sport ~9k Budget

Post by mgrlane » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:05 pm

Hi Gent's and Ladies.

New to the BMW game. 35 year's old, no kids and in need of a two seater sports car. I have been looking at the following- s2000, dc2, Supra, Boxster, Cayman, TT, 350/370z and have fallen in love with the idea of getting a Z4 Coupe.

Looking for a car that has the following:
-FSH or close too
-Under 65k miles

Budget is around the 9k mark and I have the money waiting but want to get the right car. It

The Ideal Car would be blue with red seats and highly spec'd minus the NAV. I am just after a car that someone has adored and I can continue to do so. I am open to considering any low mileage cars.

I am not precious on the year of registration.

If anyone is checking out the selling pages who is thinking of selling please drop me an email.

Mike
Last edited by mgrlane on Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:35 pm

Welcome to the forum Mike , right now your £9k is looking plenty to find a car sub 70k , more difficult it being blue with red trim though :? as in virtually unheard of its the montego blue & can't recall any passing through here in monaco or midnight with red either .
Best of luck in your search , great cars to own :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

mgrlane

Post by mgrlane » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:06 pm

Hi Wilks,

Thanks for the advice. I do like a red or a tan seat. Much more exciting than black! Ha ha

Been looking through the usual sites and there are a few nice ones but they all seem to be in the South and South West. There is a garage that has the same name as a popular car magazine that has 3/4 of them plus a load of M's too. It would be a day away but hopefully something will crop up in the North that takes my fancy.

sparkypenguin

Post by sparkypenguin » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:16 pm

Hi Mike
Welcome to the forum.
I'm also looking for a coupe and based in the North in Sunderland.
Any where near to you?
Mark.
E86 Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport 2007 in Titanium Silver - 19" CSL Reps, Quad Exhaust, Drilled Discs.

mgrlane

Post by mgrlane » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:42 pm

Hi Mark,

Not to far from me- I live near Wetherby.

I have seen one advertised in Newcastle and one in York that may be of interest to you. The two adverts/prices haven't blown my socks off so to speak. I can send them to you if you like. I am sure they are fine- I just want to get a feel for the market before I make the move.

There was a really nice one for 10k over in the North West- I have rang them but they sold it yesterday.

Bill Boi

Post by Bill Boi » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:55 pm

Hi Mike, welcome.
Long way from you but fits the bill.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... obcid=soc3

Chidda

Post by Chidda » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:56 pm

mgrlane wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:06 pm Hi Wilks,

Thanks for the advice. I do like a red or a tan seat. Much more exciting than black! Ha ha

Been looking through the usual sites and there are a few nice ones but they all seem to be in the South and South West. There is a garage that has the same name as a popular car magazine that has 3/4 of them plus a load of M's too. It would be a day away but hopefully something will crop up in the North that takes my fancy.
Given the relatively small numbers of Coupes in general, if you see a car that gets you moist, then I'd recommend going to view it - where ever it is.

Last month, I had a similar budget to you and also specific requirements , so as soon as I saw the advert for the car that fitted my spec, I called the seller, made arrangements to travel 300 miles to view it, negotiated a price, new MOT plus few things to be fixed and then I travelled back 3 weeks later and drove it home. Ironically, it was for sale in Newcastle.

Luckily I saw it before you did :evil: . Carbon Black, Red/Black individual interior, fully loaded with no sat nav.

Good luck with your search.
Mixed up Kiwi/Swiss half-breed.

2006 E86 Coupe |Carbon Black | Bi-colour red/black individual leather | Cruise | Xenons | M sport | Stubby :D

mgrlane

Post by mgrlane » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:16 pm

Bill Boi wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:55 pm Hi Mike, welcome.
Long way from you but fits the bill.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... obcid=soc3
Cheers Bill,

After an E86, manual. The newer ones I am sure are lovely but just don't do it for me.

mgrlane

Post by mgrlane » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:24 pm

Chidda wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:56 pm
mgrlane wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:06 pm Hi Wilks,

Given the relatively small numbers of Coupes in general, if you see a car that gets you moist, then I'd recommend going to view it - where ever it is.

Last month, I had a similar budget to you and also specific requirements , so as soon as I saw the advert for the car that fitted my spec, I called the seller, made arrangements to travel 300 miles to view it, negotiated a price, new MOT plus few things to be fixed and then I travelled back 3 weeks later and drove it home. Ironically, it was for sale in Newcastle.

Luckily I saw it before you did :evil: . Carbon Black, Red/Black individual interior, fully loaded with no sat nav.

Good luck with your search.
Just had a cheeky look at yours. I do like the red seats and the dash- pretty much exactly what I am after! Well done on that!

Its funny because all the ones that tick my box's are basically in your neck of the woods now!

M1k3yC

Post by M1k3yC » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:25 pm

I'm in no rush, but would consider parting with my coupe. It's not the colour combination you are after and it does have nav, though. Manual Si Sport with < 50k miles on the clock. Full BMW service history. It's very rare that it sees rain and it's always garaged. Pics here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=116673

I've had it for approaching 7 years and am starting to look at other cars to move into. I have a second car, so I could part with it before I get a replacement. I'm based in the Midlands. PM me if you want more details.
2022 Hyundai Kona N - greyhound transport
2018 F56 Mini JCW
2016 MX-5 2.0 Sport Recaro
Gone to a good home: 2007 E86 3.0Si Sport

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:20 pm

Hi Mike, and welcome on board. :thumbsup:

There is a great database that a conscientious forum member put together that suggests just under 1,600 manual E86s were registered in the UK. Link here in case you find yourself with an hour or so to kill:- http://perso.numericable.fr/tonyz4c/index30si.html

Based on that I don't think the UK got any Blue ones with Red leather, and given your preferred mileage I think at least half of the 1,600 will be too leggy given that they are all over 10 years old now!

I wanted something other than black seats and managed to find a Montego Blue one with Pearl Grey leather which I really like, but Champagne looks good too.

This Blue one is right on price, miles and paint colour, although it does have Black seats:- viewtopic.php?f=41&t=117659

The other thing you might want to consider is any "must have" features, as the standard spec was pretty miserly. Bi-Xenons, Cruise, Rear Parking Sensors, MFSW, heated seats, folding mirrors and cup-holders were all on the options list! :(

Anyway good luck with your search. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

mgrlane

Post by mgrlane » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:00 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:20 pm Hi Mike, and welcome on board. :thumbsup:

There is a great database that a conscientious forum member put together that suggests just under 1,600 manual E86s were registered in the UK. Link here in case you find yourself with an hour or so to kill:- http://perso.numericable.fr/tonyz4c/index30si.html

Based on that I don't think the UK got any Blue ones with Red leather, and given your preferred mileage I think at least half of the 1,600 will be too leggy given that they are all over 10 years old now!

I wanted something other than black seats and managed to find a Montego Blue one with Pearl Grey leather which I really like, but Champagne looks good too.

This Blue one is right on price, miles and paint colour, although it does have Black seats:- viewtopic.php?f=41&t=117659

The other thing you might want to consider is any "must have" features, as the standard spec was pretty miserly. Bi-Xenons, Cruise, Rear Parking Sensors, MFSW, heated seats, folding mirrors and cup-holders were all on the options list! :(

Good Evening Mr T.

Wow there is some great information in there. Thank you.

Thanks for "must haves" I was surprised when my Mrs got her BMW what they get away with putting on the options list.

I have looked at the Fife car you had mentioned today. It certainly ticks all the box's for what I am after. I have even looked into flights, trains and driving up there. I am looking at a 9-10 hour round trip. I was hoping that something perhaps showed up a little closer to home but I am getting the feeling that one must have to travel!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:14 pm

I think I got lucky - my 1st E86 was about 60 miles away and my 2nd was about 150 miles from home.

But given the numbers available a long trip may well be necessary to get what you really want - here's a recent example:- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=117575
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

griffnut

Post by griffnut » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:22 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:20 pm Hi Mike, and welcome on board. :thumbsup:

Looking at Mr Tidy's website, it appears to me that the E85 3.0si in RHD form is rarer than the coupe. Although the Coupe seems more desirable.

Your search may be long, but it will be worth it.

sparkypenguin

Post by sparkypenguin » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:06 am

mgrlane wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:42 pm Hi Mark,

Not to far from me- I live near Wetherby.

I have seen one advertised in Newcastle and one in York that may be of interest to you. The two adverts/prices haven't blown my socks off so to speak. I can send them to you if you like. I am sure they are fine- I just want to get a feel for the market before I make the move.

There was a really nice one for 10k over in the North West- I have rang them but they sold it yesterday.
Hi Mike,

I think I know the 2 you mean but links would be appreciated. :)
Here is one on autotrader that you may be interested in - 201909262658874 that looks to tick many of your boxes, not the red leather but bi-colour which I believe is very rare and can be checked via the link that Mr Tidy sent you.
It's a fair distance but as you said most of them are.
It's one I have had on my radar for a while but as I have not done anything about it it probably suggests it's not te one for me.

I narrowly missed out on one during the week that popped up on piston heads.
A sport coupe which only had 39k miles on it for £8,000.
Looked like a genuine car with a few options but the seller already had someone lined up to view and after a couple of days anxious waiting he called me and confirmed it had gone :(
Earlier in the year, and before I had decided on the coupe, I had a chance to get a 25k roadster with aero kit for £5,500 but missed out on that due to faffing about too much!
So bargains do come up.

I have been looking now for quite while but getting one with all the toys that I want in the right colours is not easy and I agree with the others that you (and I) will probably have to travel to get the right one.
Obviously the risk with this is that the car turns out to be not as described or just does not look right.

Here is a link that shows all the various options on the various models that may help....
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2003

Also what I have found after viewing a few is that some colours work and some just don't, but this is obviously just my opinion.
However I have only looked at Silver Grey, Montego Blue (in the rain), Black (not sure of exact colour) and Silver (not sure of exact colour) and as some of these were not polished up then it's difficult to know what they will look like at their best.
So I decided that ideally I need to get to a meet to just look at the various cars.
I do believe that there is one happening in the very near future in northumberland but I have not approached the organisers yet so I have not real details at the mo.

If you would like to discuss more then I would be happy to discuss further via PM / Email / Phone or even meet up at a mid point, say Richmond, for a pub lunch and Z4 discussion.
Anyway time to go and do some actual work now....

Regards,
Mark.
E86 Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport 2007 in Titanium Silver - 19" CSL Reps, Quad Exhaust, Drilled Discs.