Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE Another Gumtree Spot

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
sparkypenguin

Another Gumtree Spot

Post by sparkypenguin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:41 pm

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bmw/2006-bmw- ... 1350070511
Near Bishop's Stortford.
£10,995
3.0si
Black
Auto
2 owners
FSH
No pictures yet

Looking for a low miler myself and would have been interested if it had been a manual.
E86 Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport 2007 in Titanium Silver - 19" CSL Reps, Quad Exhaust, Drilled Discs.

woolybear

Another Gumtree Spot

Post by woolybear » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:17 pm

£11k, for a 2006 low miler 3.0 Si..

Think I’d be looking for a Z4MR at ‘what might be close to’ / similar £’s, but maybe add 20 or 30,000 miles on the Speedo..
And - They’re manual too..

Just saying :? :roll:

True-Blue
Lifer
Lifer

Another Gumtree Spot

Post by True-Blue » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:14 am

woolybear wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:17 pm £11k, for a 2006 low miler 3.0 Si..

Think I’d be looking for a Z4MR at ‘what might be close to’ / similar £’s, but maybe add 20 or 30,000 miles on the Speedo..

Couldn’t agree more,

Wasn’t Tangoman advertising a Z4MR for Circa £9k?

Better option even with a lot more miles (for a weekend car).

Again, in my opinion.

A lot of E86’s been on the market for months on end, a lot of asking prices are very optimistic... because of what else is available for similar money.

Having said that, it is a good time to be a buyer for 2 seater cars right now.
Alpina Roadster S Lux no. 204 (1 of 15 uk cars in Alpina Blue)

Previous Z4’s :E89 30i, E89 20i, E85 3.0Si (X4) E85 3.0i, E86 3.0 Si, E85 2.5si, E85 2.5i

adam1985

Another Gumtree Spot

Post by adam1985 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:17 am

Coupes are always more though, Z4MC with similiar mileage would by a lot more. 2 Z4MC in the for sale section with 30k more miles for around £18k. So i guess it depends if you want coupe or not?
57 BMW 3.0si sport Coupe, Carbon Black, Bilstein B12 Suspension, CSL reps & style 339s for winter - Current
10 Skoda Fabia mk2 vRS, Rallye Green, Black Roof, Black Gigaro Alloys - Gone
08 Fiat Grande Punto Dynamic Sport, Red, Dual Sunroof - Gone

sparkypenguin

Another Gumtree Spot

Post by sparkypenguin » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:54 am

I had considered that but at the moment my preference is for a coupe due to it's looks but thanks for the suggestion :thumbsup:

I would love a Z4MC and could stretch my budget but like quite a few other potential buyers on here I have to consider the day to day running costs.
Plus I am of the belief that the power of the 3.0 is more usable (happy to be contradicted :) ).
However so far I have only "looked" at a few from traders and as of yet have not taken any out for a test as they have all had their shortcomings.
E86 Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport 2007 in Titanium Silver - 19" CSL Reps, Quad Exhaust, Drilled Discs.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Another Gumtree Spot

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:02 pm

I was drawn to the Coupe for the looks as well.

I doubt you'd be disappointed with the performance of a 3.0Si - just so long as you don't try an M! :lol:

Good luck with your search. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

sparkypenguin

Another Gumtree Spot

Post by sparkypenguin » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:05 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:02 pm I was drawn to the Coupe for the looks as well.

I doubt you'd be disappointed with the performance of a 3.0Si - just so long as you don't try an M! :lol:

My search actually started a couple of years ago with the aim to build a Cobra, then it moved to buying a 2nd hand lotus 7 style kit car then somehow I ended up on this forum and once I saw some of the photos' of the coupe I was sold on it. However I only got round to actually viewing one in the last month and to be honest I was a little worried that it may not look up to it in the flesh. Turns out I was blown away and it was immediately promoted to one of my top 3, the other 2 being the Cobra and the Jag F Type. Downside was the the one I saw had 122,000 on the clock which is just too many for me. I have subsequently viewed another 2 but neither have looked anywhere near as nice as the first one. Not sure at the moment why so I really need to get to some form of meet so I can view many variants and get some advice etc before I make the plunge. Whatever I buy I need it to be able to at least hold its value, ignite my love of cars when I look at it and sit in it and give me butterflies when I put my foot down. :D

True-Blue
Lifer
Lifer

Another Gumtree Spot

Post by True-Blue » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:25 am

sparkypenguin wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:05 am
Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:02 pm I was drawn to the Coupe for the looks as well.

My search actually started a couple of years ago with the aim to build a Cobra, then it moved to buying a 2nd hand lotus 7 style kit car then somehow I ended up on this forum and once I saw some of the photos' of the coupe I was sold on it. However I only got round to actually viewing one in the last month and to be honest I was a little worried that it may not look up to it in the flesh. Turns out I was blown away and it was immediately promoted to one of my top 3, the other 2 being the Cobra and the Jag F Type. Downside was the the one I saw had 122,000 on the clock which is just too many for me. I have subsequently viewed another 2 but neither have looked anywhere near as nice as the first one. Not sure at the moment why so I really need to get to some form of meet so I can view many variants and get some advice etc before I make the plunge. Whatever I buy I need it to be able to at least hold its value, ignite my love of cars when I look at it and sit in it and give me butterflies when I put my foot down. :D
I think if you want to have a real chance of ‘holding value’ spending circa 10k on a coupe isn’t the way to go. There’s currently not enough demand for low mileage cars to warrant such a big premium, unless it was mega-low miles, but still having a full (proper) service history.... needs to be fun first and investment second, if you’re lucky!

If you’re prepared to put in the leg work, and dedicate time to going to see some you’ll find one for comfortably less in very good condition. It’s a buyers market, and there are still a good number of good cars out there.... and many not so good.

I’d suggest buying with head ...and heart, don’t worry about little dings that are easy to sort, focus on service history, mechanical condition etc.
Alpina Roadster S Lux no. 204 (1 of 15 uk cars in Alpina Blue)

Previous Z4’s :E89 30i, E89 20i, E85 3.0Si (X4) E85 3.0i, E86 3.0 Si, E85 2.5si, E85 2.5i

Status

Another Gumtree Spot

Post by Status » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:43 am

That dealer has some good cars but they are all overpriced,I’m just up the road from there

sparkypenguin

Another Gumtree Spot

Post by sparkypenguin » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:44 pm

Thanks for advice True-Blue and agree that the money for the one I posted was too high for what it is. That said not many come up with such low mileage from what ive seen over past 6 months. I have spotted a few 50k'ers but always something not quite right for me 🙁.
Not sure how I can balance the head and heart scenario though, head says M not as usable as 3.0 but heart says MMM! But head also says M more likely to be a better long term investment.
Going on hols for a couple weeks soon so may take the opportunity to have a good look into costs etc so I can decide between M or nonM. 🤔

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Another Gumtree Spot

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:06 pm

sparkypenguin wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:44 pm Thanks for advice True-Blue and agree that the money for the one I posted was too high for what it is. That said not many come up with such low mileage from what ive seen over past 6 months. I have spotted a few 50k'ers but always something not quite right for me 🙁.
Not sure how I can balance the head and heart scenario though, head says M not as usable as 3.0 but heart says MMM! But head also says M more likely to be a better long term investment.
Going on hols for a couple weeks soon so may take the opportunity to have a good look into costs etc so I can decide between M or nonM. 🤔
True-Blue is right, a non-M shouldn't be viewed as an investment but if you buy well you might lose very little on one.

I bought my 1st one in June 2014 on 54K miles, and sold it in May 2016 on 62K miles for a few hundred more than I paid! Although it did cost me a service and the dreaded electric water pump replacement. :roll:

Bearing in mind the last ones were made in 2008 they are all 10+ years old, so any with less than 100K miles are low mileage examples by most standards.

And as less than 2,200 seem to have been registered in the UK there are only ever going to be limited numbers of them for sale at any one time, and even less with as few as 50K miles on them!

Ms are even rarer - I think the UK only got about 700.

Depending on where you are you might find someone on here who is local and would let you have a good look around one - if you are anywhere near the Berks/Surrey/Hants borders you'd be welcome to sample mine.

I did get as far as viewing an M Coupe a few months ago, but while I was wondering whether I could justify the significantly higher running costs it got sold!

Anyway enjoy your holiday, and hopefully a couple of weeks considering your options will help you decide. :thumbsup:

But I'd have to agree with you about the E86 being a looker!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

sparkypenguin

Another Gumtree Spot

Post by sparkypenguin » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:24 am

Depending on where you are you might find someone on here who is local and would let you have a good look around one - if you are anywhere near the Berks/Surrey/Hants borders you'd be welcome to sample mine.
Thanks very much for the offer Mr Tidy but unfortunately I live many miles away in the north east of England in Sunderland. Very rarely see any coupes, in fact I have only ever seen 1 that was not in a showroom but if any forum member would be kind enough to let me have a look and share their knowledge face to face that would be great!
I did get as far as viewing an M Coupe a few months ago, but while I was wondering whether I could justify the significantly higher running costs it got sold!
Your comments on running costs are what I originally thought but I did read a comment in a recent "for sale" post from someone who had owned both and they said that the running costs weren't too different. They were actually selling a 3.0 and a potential buyer was undecided about a 3.0 or an M so the seller was actually giving a reason to potential buyer to buy an M and not the 3.0 they were selling. I cannot locate the post now but it did plant the M back in my mind so comparing costs will be one of my tasks during my hols.
Anyway enjoy your holiday, and hopefully a couple of weeks considering your options will help you decide. :thumbsup:
Cheers :D

sparkypenguin

Another Gumtree Spot

Post by sparkypenguin » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:31 am

I have just found the post (FOR SALE Z4MC Ruby Black £15000 by Gaijiniji) and I was incorrect, it was actually on a for sale post for a Z4MC but the poster was not the seller:-

Post by Status » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:09 pm
I’ve had the si and now I’ve an M and I can’t see much or any difference in running costs