Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD "Finally sold for near the asking price"

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
acer54

"Decided to keep it so now not for sale"

Post by acer54 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:29 pm

Finally managed to sell after getting a message out of the blue from my eBay listing, I got very close to my asking price so I'm very happy!
My BMW journey has not been what I expected, in the two and a bit years of ownership I've had three oil leaks - top valve cover, sump and oil filter housing seal.
The MAF and most of the induction pipework has been changed and recently the coolant expansion tank had to be changed.
My previous Summer toy was a Mercedes SLK and in four years of ownership all I had to do was yearly servicing and an air con recharge.
Maybe I was unlucky with the Zed but from lurking on this forum and others it would appear that a lot of other owners have had to do the same repairs and more, like water pump, roof motor and vanos issues to mention a few.
What I can say though is every time I drove the Zed it always put a smile on my face and I guess that is the main thing!
I'm now down to my Porsche Cayenne but I'm looking for an Audi TT Quattro so staying with the German 'Vorsprung Durch Technik'

Sludgepump

"Finally sold for near the asking price"

Post by Sludgepump » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:30 am

Well I am the new owner of this car and I am well pleased with it. This was one occasion when the car matched the photos and description.
Steve was a pleasure to deal with and he described the car very well. There were no hidden surprises. This was good because I had to make a 450 mile round trip to pick her up and was relying on Steve to give me an accurate description. I wish him well with his search for an Audi.

The colour isn't to everyone's taste but I absolutely love it. I'm at the age where everything is beige, I listen to Radio 4 and I don't buy green bananas so the colour suits me

I've had a few TVR's over the years and although it hasn't got the V8 rumble it feels like a tradional British Sports car with its straight six and rear wheel drive. I'm going to look after it in the style it has become accustomed to and it's already in the garage on trickle charge. I'm looking forward to visiting this forum and helping where I can
03 3 Litre Auto in Maldives Blue with beige interior

Timmyboybunter

"Finally sold for near the asking price"

Post by Timmyboybunter » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:33 am

Welcome - congrats on the new arrival :driving:

Get a post up in the newbies thread so you can receive a proper welcome.
2012 VW Passat 1.4 Tsi Estate
2005 Mercedes CLK 55 AMG
2015 E89 BMW Z4 sDrive35iS (sold)
2010 E89 BMW Z4 sDrive30i (sold)
2003 E85 BMW Z4 3.0 (sold)