Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE SOLD E89 £7250 low miles FSH Bargain!

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
mr wilks
Legend
Legend

SOLD E89 £7250 low miles FSH Bargain!

Post by mr wilks » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:32 pm

Glad you sold & cash is banked but the car was worth at least £1k more :( not wanting to rub salt in the wound but a pretty poor advert (ebay one) & not very engaging pics won't entice buyers to part with their hard earned cash .
It sold for £7350 simply because it was cheap & the buyer will be grinning for quite some time i expect :wink:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Clemmo

Post by Clemmo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:58 pm

Thank you for your completely useless comments.
You clearly have no idea
:headbang:

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:01 pm

Clemmo wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:58 pm Thank you for your completely useless comments.
You clearly have no idea
:headbang:
In what respect ? :?
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

Clemmo

Post by Clemmo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:24 pm

‘the car was worth £1000 more”..?

Clearly it was not.
Many deluded owners feel their cars are worth more than reality.
I believe a car is worth what a buyer will pay...and first you must find a buyer.

Of course I would have liked more..but in the 18mnths I owned it , it lost £350..I’m ok with that.

Clemmo

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:45 am

Clemmo wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:24 pm ‘the car was worth £1000 more”..?

Clearly it was not.
I believe a car is worth what a buyer will pay...and first you must find a buyer.

Of course I would have liked more..but in the 18mnths I owned it , it lost £350..I’m ok with that.

Clemmo
Its not about deluded owners wanting more than their car is worth , you sold your car auction style , rarely will that reflect the true market value & in your own words " The Guy was amazed at what he collected " suggesting he hadn't even seen or driven the car :? therefore he simply threw in a bid to reflect the fact he was taking a gamble .
Did you even study the marketplace for similar cars ?
A better constructed advert (either on ebay , PH or autotrader) with decent pictures at a asking price £8500 would have sold the car for more than £7350 .
Your car looked immaculate & quite rare in red , take a look on AT , there are no red E89 under £12k & any 23i around your mileage are £8500 & upwards
I'm not saying you would have sold in the first week , admittedly its a slow marketplace .
Anyway all hypothetical now :wink: car gone cash in bank so crack on :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

True-Blue
Lifer
Lifer

Post by True-Blue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:14 am

mr wilks wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:45 am

Clearly it was not.

Clemmo
Its not about deluded owners wanting more than their car is worth , you sold your car auction style , rarely will that reflect the true market value & in your own words " The Guy was amazed at what he collected " suggesting he hadn't even seen or driven the car :? therefore he simply threw in a bid to reflect the fact he was taking a gamble .
A better constructed advert (either on ebay , PH or autotrader) with decent pictures at a asking price £8500 would have sold the car for more than £7350 .
Your car looked immaculate & quite rare in red , take a look on AT , there are no red E89 under £12k & any 23i around your mileage are £8500 & upwards
I'm not saying you would have sold in the first week , admittedly its a slow marketplace .
Morning gents,

I’ve been watching the Z4 market for a little while, E89 prices are falling because of ‘new model’ syndrome. However, I think in this particular case the reality probably falls somewhere in the middle of both opinions. I agree that a better advert would have produced a higher sale price, maybe not significantly so, but would have at least generated more interest.

The E86’s I have enquired about, or made the effort to go and see, all remain available (with one exception). The same cars have been on autotrader etc for months now. I have notice that dealers, who make a living out of the car business, are starting to price similarly to, and in some cases below, private asks.

Maybe this will all change again after Brexit, but the housing market has slowed and the ‘luxury’ car market (including non-practical 2 seaters) is stagnant from what I can see.

Anyway, a cost of £350 for a decent period of ownership is relatively small change :thumbsup:
Alpina Roadster S Lux no. 204 (1 of 15 uk cars in Alpina Blue)

Previous Z4’s :E89 30i, E89 20i, E85 3.0Si (X4) E85 3.0i, E86 3.0 Si, E85 2.5si, E85 2.5i

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:42 am

True-Blue wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:14 am

Clearly it was not.

Clemmo
Morning gents,

I’ve been watching the Z4 market for a little while, E89 prices are falling because of ‘new model’ syndrome. However, I think in this particular case the reality probably falls somewhere in the middle of both opinions. I agree that a better advert would have produced a higher sale price, maybe not significantly so, but would have at least generated more interest.

The E86’s I have enquired about, or made the effort to go and see, all remain available (with one exception). The same cars have been on autotrader etc for months now. I have notice that dealers, who make a living out of the car business, are starting to price similarly to, and in some cases below, private asks.

Maybe this will all change again after Brexit, but the housing market has slowed and the ‘luxury’ car market (including non-practical 2 seaters) is stagnant from what I can see.

Anyway, a cost of £350 for a decent period of ownership is relatively small change :thumbsup:
Not so sure about the housing market, my in laws put their house on the market on the 26th July and by the 31st had 4 offers and sold that day.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

True-Blue
Lifer
Lifer

Post by True-Blue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:47 am

Nictrix wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:42 am
True-Blue wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:14 am

Morning gents,

Not so sure about the housing market, my in laws put their house on the market on the 26th July and by the 31st had 4 offers and sold that day.
That’s great news for them, There’s always supply and demand, but mortgage borrowing has slowed down a fair bit in 2019.
Alpina Roadster S Lux no. 204 (1 of 15 uk cars in Alpina Blue)

Previous Z4’s :E89 30i, E89 20i, E85 3.0Si (X4) E85 3.0i, E86 3.0 Si, E85 2.5si, E85 2.5i