UPDATE 1: On hols at the moment but going to look into Inspection 1 when I get back and then revise this post. Also have more photos to add. In the meantime, please feel free to ask any questions if you are potentially interested.
UPDATE 2: Imminently going in for its Inspection 1, lots more photos added below and price reduced.
High spec car including some extras (hardtop, cover, Evolve intake, H&S exhaust) in good condition, 53K miles, looking for £16,250 and welcome offers. Pics below (more to come) and videos here: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avfePZHgyXQ[/youtube] and here: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NQ3PK1hNLo[/youtube]
I am sad to be selling my Z4MR but hope it will find a good home with a forum member.
My first ever car was a Z4MR (bought the day after I passed my test from someone on this forum). Sadly I met another car on a roundabout. The car is now fixed and enjoyed by another forum member, but it was so good that I got another one to replace it – which is the one you see here.
I have loved every minute with it over the last nearly 4 years (and the couple of years with my first one) but the time has come to sell. I have recently been able to purchase R8 which I will be focusing on for the fun drives. I have been tempted to keep both, but it doesn’t make sense at the moment. I imagine I will have another S54 in my life at some point.
I have put the key details below. Please let me know if you would like to know more.
Thanks for reading!
Car: BMW Z4M, Roadster
Colour: Interlagos Blue with black nappa leather interior
Year: 2006 car (December - 56 plate)
Factory fitted options:
- Rear parking sensors
- Heated seats
- Cruise control
- 6-CD changer
- BMW professional speaker system
- Auto-dim mirrors
- Extended storage
- Wind deflector
- BMW Performance strut brace
- BMW hard top shell in Interlagos Blue
- Z4M fabric cover (blue)
- Evolve automotive intake (original intake also included in sale)
- Hayward and Scott exhaust (original intake also included in sale)
- Evolve automotive remap applied (in combination with the Evolve intake being installed, the car went from ~330bhp stock to ~350bhp, as measured on the day)
- 3 original keys
- All original books, including hard top instructions booklet
- Folder of receipts (I assume comprehensive before my ownership but have never been through it all!)
- Full BMW service history:
o 12,095 miles, 11/02/08: Oil service
o 19,355 miles, 27/03/10: Inspection 1
o 24,222 miles, 22/03/12: Oil service
o 28,306 miles, 19/09/14: Inspection 2
o 40,142 miles, 16/12/16 Oil service
- Next service (Inspection 1) is overdue (I've had a tough year) and is now happening - I will update once complete
- MOT until December 2019
- 4 previous owners (5 including me)
- In summary: in good condition for its age and mileage
- All mechanical components working properly
- All electronics working properly as far as I am aware, apart from the driver’s window that has a minor quirk:
o However, when putting roof up/down the window goes down and does not return up again
o BMW specialist ‘PMW’ had a look into it for me at last MOT and said it would need a new chip for £500 and that the window was fine apart from this quirk. I decided not to bother as it is only a minor inconvenience.
- Wear and tear as expected for the age and mileage. Minor stone chips and dints as you would expect. Light scuff on underside of the front right ‘fang’. Paint otherwise in good condition – I use a dual-action polisher on it to keep it looking nice.
- Alloys lightly scuffed, nothing major.
- SORN’ed for 12 months in 2018 while I was living in San Francisco. My mum kindly started it up and did a lap of the cul-de-sac every couple of weeks to keep things running and moving.
- Whilst I have only contributed a little, I love this forum and have read and engaged with it a lot. I would love the car to go to a forum member and enthusiast who will look after it and love it.
- Hard top, OEM intake and exhausts are in storage. If not with the car at point of sale I will cover costs to transport them.
I would like a fair price for the buyer and for me.
I have compared my car vs. others on the market and have tried to balance the good condition, high spec and extras which I think make it a great package and rare opportunity, with the few bits that need doing and the fact it is not far from its next service.
I know the mods won’t be for everyone and thought that forum members would probably value the mods and be happy to refit the included OEM stuff if they want (with some money to be made in the mods if resold!).
Given the limited interest I have had and that we are now into autumn, I have reduced the price a little. I am putting it through its Inspection 1 as we speak in the hope that will make the car more appealing to any potential buyers.