Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE E85 3.0i 2003 148k - NO LONGER FOR SALE

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
thecremeegg

E85 3.0i 2003 148k - NO LONGER FOR SALE

Post by thecremeegg » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:05 pm

EDIT: Taken it off the market. Can this be closed?

So the time has come to put the Zed up for sale as I have a new company car and can’t keep both (boo!). Just had it properly valeted inside and out, along with the engine bay.

I purchased it in 2016 on 106k miles or so and it’s now on 148k.
In my ownership it’s had the following:
Vanos redone
221 Z4M Wheels with alignment
New starter motor
Eibach springs and Bilstein B4 shocks all round.
New brakes a couple of months ago
Updated clear rear lights
M-Sport gear knob
DLV Backbox mod
Royals steering wheel
It also has an Aux port put in by the previous owner.

It’s a Z4 3.0i SE Roadster, originally registered to Vardy Contract Motoring Ltd. It was built in August 2003 and registered on 24/12/2003 (KH53UBG). Selling dealer was Wayside, Milton Keynes.

Spec. :
475 Black Sapphire
LBTL Dream Red New England Leather
No Maintenance Pack
ZFM Electric Folding Mir
350 Composite Star Spoke
354 Windscreen with gree
387 Wind deflector
430 Ext. mirrors - foldi
493 Extended storage
494 Seat Heating
508 Park Distance Contro
522 Xenon headlights
540 Cruise Control
609 Navigation System Pr
644 Bluetooth phone prep
677 Hi-Fi Sys Prof Carve

Has a quite comprehensive service history/receipts from new - I've generally serviced it myself but have receipts for the oil, filters etc.

So the bad points:
Main beam headlights flicker – could be a bad connection or the LCM. I have a spare LCM that I’ve never fitted but will of course include.

Paintwork is as should be expected for a 16 year old car. Has a few dents and scrapes as you might expect for the mileage. The rear quarter was resprayed a few years ago in the previous owner's tenure following a bump. Wheels have a few flaking bits, kerb marks etc.

Oil leak – not sure where it’s coming from. Having just had the engine bay cleaned hopefully this might make finding the source easier.
It's not pouring out by any means but it is noticeable.

Rear parking sensors don’t work – a couple of them just need replacing, I never bothered as I didn’t need them! One has fallen into the bumper but I will most likely get this put back prior to sale.
CD Changer doesn’t work
Needs two new rear tyres - Has PS4 tyres but they seem to be completely unavailable in the rear size at the moment. I've been holding off putting new ones on until they were available. I can get new tyres put on prior to sale but they will be cheaper!

In view of all the work that needs doing, I’ll take £2500 ono for it now. If no interest I'll get the issues fixed and adjust the price accordingly. I will give it an oil change prior to sale as it's due one (last one was last year by me).

Mechanically it drives really well and sounds great, it would be great for someone as a project to fix it up and have some fun.

Any questions then ask away! I've tried to be as honest as possible so if there's stuff I've missed I'll update accordingly!

Oh and it's located in Hampshire!

Last edited by thecremeegg on Wed May 22, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Z4M - Interlagos Blue with Black Leather
Z4 3.0i - Sapphire Black with Red Leather - FOR SALE!

Worcester_spoon

E85 3.0i 2003

Post by Worcester_spoon » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:52 pm

GLWTS. Quick question - where did you get those rear lights?
03 Z4R 3.0i/Silver/custom quad/330d brake upgrade/LSD/G-Power supercharger/FIC 365cc injectors/Severn Tuning map

Zoomer

E85 3.0i 2003

Post by Zoomer » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:14 pm

If you don't mind a question for a free bump, how are the upgraded shocks compared with the standard set up. I am thinking of doing this this year

GLWTS :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey 3.0i E85 Black Heated Leather M sports seats , 224's ,Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Xenons, PDC, Gaptech ,Cruise and a nice warm garage. NOW GONE
Silver 3.0i Z4 NOW GONE

thecremeegg

E85 3.0i 2003

Post by thecremeegg » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:16 pm

Worcester_spoon wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:52 pm GLWTS. Quick question - where did you get those rear lights?
Thanks! I got them off Ebay, one from Germany the other USA. They are way more common in US Ebay, I just made a cheeky offer and got accepted!

thecremeegg

E85 3.0i 2003

Post by thecremeegg » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:17 pm

Zoomer wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:14 pm If you don't mind a question for a free bump, how are the upgraded shocks compared with the standard set up. I am thinking of doing this this year

GLWTS :thumbsup:
Well to be fair my shocks and springs were 100k miles old so there was always going to be a difference but it just makes it a bit firmer yet slightly more compliant. I think if you want big gains you'll want the B8 shocks as the B4 is an oem equivalent .

Nautrey

E85 3.0i 2003 148k - £2500 ono

Post by Nautrey » Wed May 01, 2019 11:53 pm

PM’d!!
E85 Sterling Grey 3.0l :driving: