Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NO LONGER WANTED Z4M Coupe

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
AaronMc

Z4M Coupe

Post by AaronMc » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:17 pm

Hi Everyone,

My Names Aaron - I'm new to these parts. I've lurked for a little bit and finally signed up... so be gentle! :D

I'm looking to buy a new car and have toyed with the idea of a few different ones...
  • S2000 - don't fit in comfortably (I'm 6ft 4)
  • Porsche Cayman - not really a Porsche kinda guy
  • 350z - Okay but uninspiring
  • 370z - Better looking than the 350, but somethings missing
  • And a few more things outside my price range...
I keep coming back to the same thing, regardless of how hard I look for alternatives, the Z4M Coupe - it's clearly where my heart is!

It would be my only car however I walk to work so it wouldn't add many miles to it each year. I'm based in the UK (Midlands) so a RHD car.

Ideal:
  • <50k Miles
  • Colour in Pref. Order - White - Silver/Grey - Black - Other
  • Interior Colour - Black or Red
  • FSH well loved example
  • Original parts if there has been anything replaced
Bonus:
  • No Sat Nav
  • Extended Leather
  • CSL Alloys
  • Aero Skirts
Questions:
  • Is cruise control a thing that can be retrofitted? It's my understanding that there wasn't too many Z4M's with CC built and I'm reading conflicting things about whether it can be done to the M cars, so clarification would be great by those in the know.
  • Only interior leather I'm not too keen on is the cream/white one - does it look better in person?
Any thoughts, suggestion or general advice would be greatly welcome! :)

Cheers

Edit:

I did a buy. Interlagos Blue Z4M. Pics to follow on a different thread :D
Last edited by AaronMc on Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'07 Interlagos Blue ZMC

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Z4M Coupe

Post by Darren Slone » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi and welcome aboard :thumbsup:

Great choice of car, there aren’t too many white ones around so you could be waiting quite a while, CC is easily retrofitted with a CC stalk from BMW and a custom loom from SRHUTCH on here, I’ve had one fitted on my MR and it’s great, my MC has CC but doesn’t work for some reason so I’ll be getting another from Steve :thumbsup:

Have a look over on the M Market watch thread and you’ll see what the guys have found for sale on the market :driving:

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

Angelus666

Z4M Coupe

Post by Angelus666 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:42 pm

Right choice.....but big question will be what's your budget? At <50k miles you'll be in the £20k+ bracket.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4M Coupe

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:05 pm

Hi and welcome. :thumbsup:

As has been said you might have a long wait for a white MC - after all the UK got less than 600 MCs and it looks like only 18 were white!

And there probably aren't too many MCs around now with less than 50K miles on them given that they are all 10+ years old, so there will be a price to pay!

Based on the alternatives you mentioned (S2000, 350Z) have you considered a 3.0Si Coupe? OK it isn't an M, but it has similar performance to your other options and would probably cost about half as much as an MC. But I'm probably a bit biased. :oops:

Anyway good luck with your search, and don't forget some photos when you've got one. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Looney

Z4M Coupe

Post by Looney » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:11 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:05 pm Hi and welcome. :thumbsup:

As has been said you might have a long wait for a white MC - after all the UK got less than 600 MCs and it looks like only 18 were white!

And there probably aren't too many MCs around now with less than 50K miles on them given that they are all 10+ years old, so there will be a price to pay!

Based on the alternatives you mentioned (S2000, 350Z) have you considered a 3.0Si Coupe? OK it isn't an M, but it has similar performance to your other options and would probably cost about half as much as an MC. But I'm probably a bit biased. :oops:

Anyway good luck with your search, and don't forget some photos when you've got one. :lol:
I would get a 3.0SI before getting an M personally, if you pick wise and do not go to a trader you can keep your money in the car and take it out when you need, fairly risk free!
Mini R56 FJCW
Z4MC Imola Red

Silva1

Z4M Coupe

Post by Silva1 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:01 am

Just your luck laddy! viewtopic.php?f=41&t=112640 :thumbsup:

AaronMc

Z4M Coupe

Post by AaronMc » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:36 am

@Darren Slone - Thanks for the welcome! That's right, the white ones are pretty rare from what I've read... gotta hope though. Cheers for the info on the CC, that's super useful, I'll have to give SRHUTCH a shout once I've got one sorted.

@Angelus666 - Yeah that's right, seems to be the £20k+ bracket for that. If something appears that ticks all the other boxes then being <50k miles isn't as important.

@Mr Tidy - Thanks for the welcome! I've not considered it yet, though that's right about the price/performance comparison with the other cars I mentioned. Can't help but think I'd be wondering 'what if...' if I didn't go down the M route, but I'll have a look on your suggestion :wink:

@Looney - Similarly like Mr Tidy, thanks for the advice about the 3.0si - I appreciate it :)

@Silva1 - Thanks for the link, seems like a lovely example - think it's a bit past the top of my range given the especially low mileage. Maybe I'm being too optimistic with my 'ideal' list!
'07 Interlagos Blue ZMC

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Z4M Coupe

Post by BMWZ4MC » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:17 pm

I’ve not much to add to the above except to say welcome and that the CC will splice directly into the existing loom without need for any additional wiring (mine CC was retrofitted by that method).
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

AaronMc

Z4M Coupe

Post by AaronMc » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:57 pm

BMWZ4MC wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:17 pm I’ve not much to add to the above except to say welcome and that the CC will splice directly into the existing loom without need for any additional wiring (mine CC was retrofitted by that method).
Thanks for the extra info @BMWZ4MC :thumbsup:
'07 Interlagos Blue ZMC

AaronMc

Z4M Coupe

Post by AaronMc » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:46 pm

I did a buy. Interlagos Blue Z4M. Pics to follow on a different thread :D
'07 Interlagos Blue ZMC

R60BBA

Z4M Coupe

Post by R60BBA » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:43 pm

AaronMc wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:46 pm I did a buy. Interlagos Blue Z4M. Pics to follow on a different thread :D
Look forward to it :thumbsup:
Current: 2002 E46 M3
Current: 2005 997 Carrera S
Gone: 2004 R53 Cooper S
Gone: 1998 E31 840Ci Sport
Gone: 2007 Z4 E86 3.0Si Sport
Gone: 2001 Z3 E36/7 2.2i San Remo Individual
Gone: 2015 F21 116d M Sport
Gone: 2012 A3 Sportback 1.2TFSI

Ed Doe

Z4M Coupe

Post by Ed Doe » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:51 pm

Congrats! Looking forward to those pics 8)
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(