Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED Z4M Coupe

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
TMTCH

Z4M Coupe

Post by TMTCH » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:28 pm

Hello, new member so go easy
Always toyed with the idea of buying a Z4M Coupe but never took the plunge

Now in a postion where I would buy it and run it as a second car so would only be putting a couple of thousand miles a year on it
Hoping to keep it for at least 5 years with a thought to future resale values.

Ideal spec would be:
Sub 50k miles
FSH
CSL Alloys
Colour: Flexible but in order of preference - White - Interlagos Blue - Black - Red - Grey - Any other...
Interior Trim: Black
Sat Nav

Had a look at various sites and although there are a few out there can't see anything currently with sub 50k miles.

For future resale considerations:
1) Is a Sat Nav a desirable option on a car of this type given it is over 10 years old and although I presume you can update the maps it doesn't do anything for the driving experience.
2) A lot of the cars currently available appear to have the red leather interior. Although I could live with this what are the thoughts on future resale
3) I'm in the North West - does anyone north of London actually own one of these things as every one for sale at the moment appears to be in Sussex or some equally distant southern destination (not actually bothered about travelling for the right one just more out of curiosity as I can't remember the last time I actually saw one on the road in the North..!!)
4) Are there any other options that should be a "must have" or desirable I have missed.

Thanks
Rich

srhutch

Z4M Coupe

Post by srhutch » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:55 pm

If it were a roadster I’d say heated seat, but a coupe nothing is a must.

Things like CSL’s are easy to sort later, like cruise control so personally I wouldn’t get hung up on these. Find the best car you can and sort the wheels out after.

Sat nav is best when combined with an intravee. You’ll find a 50/50 opinion on if it’s worth it or not probably.

It’s getting harder to find these with less than 50k on, but not impossible.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4M Coupe

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:03 pm

Welcome to the forum Rich. :thumbsup:

Someone put together a database of these, and based on that only 592 M Coupes came to the UK, so you aren't too likely to find one just around the corner.

It also means if you want specific colours/spec/mileage it can be a long wait!

I wouldn't be put off by red leather. I think it looks great in silver or black cars - but then I prefer not to have black seats anyway.

Good luck with your search, and don't forget we like to see photos. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

TMTCH

Z4M Coupe

Post by TMTCH » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:24 pm

Hi thanks for the initial quick responses :thumbsup:

I realise that part of the attraction and "future classic" status of the M Coupe is that it is a pretty rare car so I'm not in a mad rush to find one with the right spec.
Mileage I'm not hung up on it being sub 50k but would probably like to stick below 55k. Appreciate that if something has been looked after and serviced at the right intervals it's going to be better than something that has just been stuck in a garage and not moved in 3 years.

I suppose part of the reason for joining the forum was to put a few feelers out and if anyone who owned one was looking to sell now or in the future I would be interested.

Out of interest is there any data on the forum as to how many are left in the UK and numbers by colour.
As mentioned they are a rare sighting in the North and I don't think I've ever seen a white one in the flesh.

Also based on the spec I've put in the initial message what sort of price do you think is realistic at the moment?

Thanks
Rich

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4M Coupe

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:38 pm

Here you go for numbers, etc. a link to the database:- http://perso.numericable.fr/tonyz4c/index30si.html

Looney has his Midnight Blue one for sale on the forum, but it's higher mileage than you want:- viewtopic.php?f=41&t=112092

I'm not that up to speed with MC prices - it's better I don't look too hard, or I'm going to want one! :lol:

But this might help - you need to head towards the later pages though:- viewtopic.php?f=9&t=73487
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Z4M Coupe

Post by flimper » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:57 pm

Extended Leather is worth looking out for
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

Gwest44

Z4M Coupe

Post by Gwest44 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:16 am

Mine came with all the options but I could do without the cruise control and would have preferred it without the sat-nav. Having said that it’s the only one in the UK that is Ruby Black with the extended Amarone leather and I had to travel to Cardiff to pick it up.

One of the initial attractions for me was the potential appreciation but having owned it for just under 6 months I’m still looking for any excuse to drive it and it’s just hit 99,000 miles so my thoughts on that have changed - now I intend to drive it without regard for the mileage and just ensure I look after it to extend my enjoyment for as long as possible :thumbsup:
Sapphire Black 23i
Previously 7xZ3's, 5xE85's, 2xE86's & 3xE89's

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Z4M Coupe

Post by Jembo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:46 am

The red leather in many photos looks quite garish, yet when you’re there in person my red’s almost a deep claret... a few non black colour choices FYI

Also, I’d suggest the OEM Satnav is becoming dated, though despite a few nice menu tweaks am happier mine came without.

Good hunting
Attachments
6A46B620-46B2-4E21-B5D3-F06EFFB3B1C7.jpeg
6A46B620-46B2-4E21-B5D3-F06EFFB3B1C7.jpeg (270.27 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
C681DB77-AC4A-42E2-9E1D-A7AE4B219A9C.jpeg
C681DB77-AC4A-42E2-9E1D-A7AE4B219A9C.jpeg (236.08 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
901C7D7F-2C20-4B54-947D-528FE90CA1FE.jpeg
901C7D7F-2C20-4B54-947D-528FE90CA1FE.jpeg (264.14 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Neilson

Z4M Coupe

Post by Neilson » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:38 am

TMTCH wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:28 pm Hello, new member so go easy
Always toyed with the idea of buying a Z4M Coupe but never took the plunge

Now in a postion where I would buy it and run it as a second car so would only be putting a couple of thousand miles a year on it
Hoping to keep it for at least 5 years with a thought to future resale values.

Ideal spec would be:
Sub 50k miles
FSH
CSL Alloys
Colour: Flexible but in order of preference - White - Interlagos Blue - Black - Red - Grey - Any other...
Interior Trim: Black
Sat Nav

Had a look at various sites and although there are a few out there can't see anything currently with sub 50k miles.

For future resale considerations:
1) Is a Sat Nav a desirable option on a car of this type given it is over 10 years old and although I presume you can update the maps it doesn't do anything for the driving experience.
2) A lot of the cars currently available appear to have the red leather interior. Although I could live with this what are the thoughts on future resale
3) I'm in the North West - does anyone north of London actually own one of these things as every one for sale at the moment appears to be in Sussex or some equally distant southern destination (not actually bothered about travelling for the right one just more out of curiosity as I can't remember the last time I actually saw one on the road in the North..!!)
4) Are there any other options that should be a "must have" or desirable I have missed.

Thanks
Rich
Hi Rich,
I guess you've seen the carbon black one on exchange and mart?
Nice rare colour and sub 50k!
https://www.exchangeandmart.co.uk/used- ... ent=dealer
Although it has the red interior, which is darker in the flesh, it looks to be a well sorted car depending on your budget!
Good luck with your search, you won't regret getting one! :thumbsup: :driving:

FR08MEE

Z4M Coupe

Post by FR08MEE » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:21 pm

I should be selling mine shortly but it’s on 72/74k Miles. Genuine CSL’s, Aeros, Gruppe M, ZHP, etc.
Blue, black Leather, carbon dash without Nav (Dash looks cleaner).

Has had Recent PSS’s all round and has a complete service history with receipts for most of the stamps.

Last service was an Insp II which was carried out at Technosport North London, including full wheel allignment, brake fluid, rear trailing arm bushes, etc.

Will be serviced prior to sale (the oil service is actually due in July) and will also be machine polished, etc, etc. Overall it’s in very good condition.

It’s my second Z4m (my first was a roadster) after someone wrote my last one off whilst parked.

If your interested drop me a PM.

The car is garage kept in Islington North London so there are a few locally and it’s used as a second car.

Only reason for sale is because I have an Aston Martin sized itch... but am in no rush to sell hence the lack of advert atm.

If your interested PM me

Angelus666

Z4M Coupe

Post by Angelus666 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:35 pm

OP, definitely making the right choice with one of these beauties! If it's a second car then I don't think any OEM option is particularly needed or adds value, the sat nav is crap, the cup holders are flimsy, the stereo is useless. Go for one with decent service history, a Gruppe M, a ZHP gear knob and revised suspension and you're set...!

The only advice I'd offer is to buy one from a forum member from here. You are WAY more likely to get a car that's been looked after right, driven correctly and had the money spent on it when it's needed to. Don't be put off by a great car if a car has higher mileage than you initially wanted.

Pete-r

Z4M Coupe

Post by Pete-r » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:35 pm

I viewed a fair few cars last autumn and my advice is:

1. Don't get hung up on spec, condition on these cars varies a lot so that's the most important thing in my view.
2. Sat nav sounds great until you use it, it's OLD.... so I preferred the cars without it.
3. Rust on the tailgates is not a myth so check it out and factor in a repair if needed. If none I'd still get the panel clear coated in your own time.
4. Almost all have notchy gearboxes in 1st/2nd especially when cold so don't be put off when you first feel it.
5. Be sure you want one before pulling trigger, because they are so niche they often sit around for sale so it may not be the sort of car you'll be able to flip easily.

NorthernSky

Z4M Coupe

Post by NorthernSky » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:00 pm

Hallo there!

I've got a Midnight Blue coupe likely to come onto the market very soon; perhaps not a colour you'd considered as there were only 17 ever made for the UK market, and just 2 with the carbon effect/black leather interior.

29,000 miles - CSLs on MPSS - Eisenmann sport exhaust (really quite something!). Factory Aero skirts, ZHP stick, Sat Nav, heated seats.

Outstanding history, INSP2 5,000 miles ago and I've just had the INSP1 done under 100 miles ago - no issues to report whatsoever. Original 224's available or included instead of the CSL's, I'm not decided on that yet.

It's a good one - if you're looking to hold onto it, I daresay it'll be worth a few extra pounds in 5 years! I'm not in an urgent rush to sell it, but would appreciate the funds to carry on with a new house purchase. Sad times.

Feel free to PM. I'm in Berkshire (another distant southerner...)
...RIP: '04 Midnight blue 3.0i roadster... :cry:

...Hello '07 Midnight blue Z4M Coupe! :evil: :evil: :evil:

TMTCH

Z4M Coupe

Post by TMTCH » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:24 am

NorthernSky wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:00 pm Hallo there!

I've got a Midnight Blue coupe likely to come onto the market very soon; perhaps not a colour you'd considered as there were only 17 ever made for the UK market, and just 2 with the carbon effect/black leather interior.

29,000 miles - CSLs on MPSS - Eisenmann sport exhaust (really quite something!). Factory Aero skirts, ZHP stick, Sat Nav, heated seats.

Outstanding history, INSP2 5,000 miles ago and I've just had the INSP1 done under 100 miles ago - no issues to report whatsoever. Original 224's available or included instead of the CSL's, I'm not decided on that yet.

It's a good one - if you're looking to hold onto it, I daresay it'll be worth a few extra pounds in 5 years! I'm not in an urgent rush to sell it, but would appreciate the funds to carry on with a new house purchase. Sad times.

Hi thanks for the reply.

I tried to PM you but as I'm a new member it's telling me I can't do this at the moment until I've participated in a few more discussions.

I had a look through your posts and found a couple of images of the car - looks nice.
Are the more images available - I think one post mentioned Instagram but you'd have to point me in the direction of where I can find them on here.

Will it let you PM me through the site to start a conversation?

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Z4M Coupe

Post by Smartbear » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:14 am

TMTCH wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:24 am
NorthernSky wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:00 pm Hallo there!

Hi thanks for the reply.

I tried to PM you but as I'm a new member it's telling me I can't do this at the moment until I've participated in a few more discussions.

I had a look through your posts and found a couple of images of the car - looks nice.
Are the more images available - I think one post mentioned Instagram but you'd have to point me in the direction of where I can find them on here.

Will it let you PM me through the site to start a conversation?
Hi, I think you can pm after 3 posts so should be ok now?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold