Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED Z4 E86 Coupe Auto

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Greentom

Z4 E86 Coupe Auto

Post by Greentom » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:53 pm

Hi all, hoping someone can help!

In the market for a Z4 coupe, looking to buy in the next 4-6 weeks or so.

Seen a few around online that fit my budget/requirements but I’m based in Glasgow and many would be a 500-600 mile round trip.. so thought I would put it out to forum members to see if there is anything more northern/Scottish based for sale!

Basic requirements:
<100,000 miles
Automatic
<£8,000

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4 E86 Coupe Auto

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:11 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

An E86 is a great choice - but I may be biased. :roll:

I know it's painful when you see the ideal car that far away, but someone on here put together a detailed database (link here:- http://perso.numericable.fr/tonyz4c/index30si.html) and based on that only 860 Automatic Coupes came to the UK!

Bearing in mind there won't be many for sale at any one time, and as soon as you narrow your search down to an SE or a Sport then discount a few colours you either need to get very lucky or buy a flight ticket!

This one seems to fit your criteria, and at least it's Manchester rather than the South East:- viewtopic.php?f=41&t=110615

Or there is this one:- viewtopic.php?f=41&t=111732

OK, it's a bit over your budget, but a fair bit lower on mileage - but it's in Essex! :( I saw it at a meet last year and it looked great.

Good luck anyway, and once you've got one don't forget we like photos. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

gerryp

Z4 E86 Coupe Auto

Post by gerryp » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:58 pm

You will most likely have to travel for the right car.
I am based in Northern Ireland and flew to Luton last year for my coupe.

Greentom

Z4 E86 Coupe Auto

Post by Greentom » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:01 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I was aware they are relatively rare these days but did not realise there are that few autos left in the UK! Great website though.. thanks for the link :thumbsup:

I have seen these couple yes - both beautiful examples.. think the Manchester one is maybe a little bit out there for me though. Was looking for something a little more.. erm.. how to say this... understated? :wink: If you see what I mean.

Not really fussed about Sport or SE - obviously would prefer the Sport but likely going to come down to what is available.

I am willing to travel a fair distance but just don’t want to end up travelling half the country to find out it’s got loads of problems.

Will of course be posting photos when I find one.. wanted one for years so very excited!

Dave 2 dogs

Z4 E86 Coupe Auto

Post by Dave 2 dogs » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:57 pm

Hi and welcome
As mr tidy said, looneys car is a peach :thumbsup: I drive by it regularly and always admire how well it’s kept, was even tempted myself when he offered it to me this week.... very tempting, and I’m not even looking for an e86 :thumbsup:

Greentom

Z4 E86 Coupe Auto

Post by Greentom » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:25 pm

Dave 2 dogs wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:57 pm Hi and welcome
As mr tidy said, looneys car is a peach I drive by it regularly and always admire how well it’s kept, was even tempted myself when he offered it to me this week.... very tempting, and I’m not even looking for an e86
Thanks! Glad to have finally created an account.. Long term lurker! :D

I have seriously pondered that one, but just don't think I can make my budget stretch that far... I mean when I first started looking for a Z4 my budget was around £6000.. but now I've convinced myself I need the Coupe so already getting a little carried away! :lol:

Plus, I am trying to factor in paying for independent warranty cover, just in case something big goes wrong.. Have one on my ML320 at the moment and its been ridiculously good value for what they have done.. (2 coil springs, 4 brake callipers, auto transmission ECU and value body assembly replacement, windscreen wiper motor.. to name a few!)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4 E86 Coupe Auto

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:19 pm

Ah, budget creep - I think we've all been there! :lol:

Anyway for some inspiration, here is a member from Cambridge who flew to Glasgow to buy his Coupe:- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=111833

And Looney has just dropped his price to £8,400! :lol: You Know You Want To...…………….!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Dave 2 dogs

Z4 E86 Coupe Auto

Post by Dave 2 dogs » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:06 pm

You know you want to ......