Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD Carbon Black Z4 Coupe / Video Walk Around

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Looney

Carbon Black Z4 Coupe / Video Walk Around

Post by Looney » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:19 pm

Greentom wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:45 pm
Looney wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:14 pm Bump being SORN on Saturday and it will be another in the collection.

No takers ? This is a steal. It's completely factory 0 modifications

I know I am going to be kicking myself at some point for not pushing my budget higher for this one.

Good decision though.. it’s a great example.. I certainly wouldn’t want to let it go for less than that!
Yep shame really needed to get rid of it before Saturday anyone want it for 8400? Practically giving it away now lol
Mini R56 FJCW
Z4MC Imola Red

Looney

Post by Looney » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:24 pm

Looney wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:19 pm
Greentom wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:45 pm
Looney wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:14 pm Bump being SORN on Saturday and it will be another in the collection.

No takers ? This is a steal. It's completely factory 0 modifications

I know I am going to be kicking myself at some point for not pushing my budget higher for this one.

Good decision though.. it’s a great example.. I certainly wouldn’t want to let it go for less than that!
Yep shame really needed to get rid of it before Saturday anyone want it for 8400? Practically giving it away now lol

I don't have enough room for 4 cars
Z4C, Z4mc, mini JCW, range evoke
Mini R56 FJCW
Z4MC Imola Red

Greentom

Post by Greentom » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:58 pm

Looney wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:24 pm
Looney wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:24 pm

I don't have enough room for 4 cars
Z4C, Z4mc, mini JCW, range evoke
Also, no need for the Z4C in that collection! :lol:

Honestly I would love to take it.. you are a long way out my way though and definitely would not be able to get there before Saturday - realistically it would be more like 3-4 weeks? :(

Looney

Post by Looney » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:10 am

No problems, it will still be around once SORN just makes it expensive for me to tax every time someone wants to view it (£28) hence I was pushing to sell quick .

If it's meant to be it will :)

A dealer offered me nearly 8000 for it, so that speaks for itself.
Mini R56 FJCW
Z4MC Imola Red

Daveh129

Post by Daveh129 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi,

Could you tell me if the car is still for sale?

Thanks,

Looney

Post by Looney » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:39 pm

Daveh129 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:09 pm Hi,

Could you tell me if the car is still for sale?

Thanks,
Hi yes it is, as of yesterday its now in my garage and off the road.

Tom
Mini R56 FJCW
Z4MC Imola Red

Looney

Post by Looney » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:10 pm

** Bump** Added 40 pictures of service history.

Now garaged.
Attachments
IMG_20190127_223006.jpg
IMG_20190127_223006.jpg (258.13 KiB) Viewed 746 times
Mini R56 FJCW
Z4MC Imola Red

Doorman

Post by Doorman » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:41 am

Hi there Tom. Derek here I’m new to the forum.

Lovely motor you have. I’ve got a couple of questions on the service history. I see that it looks like there was an Insection II done just before you bought according to the tick list in the handbook (I see it says spark plugs and vehicle check which is consistent with I2) but the receipt from Nash says that it was just front brakes?

I see from your post history you were looking into doing an Inspection II yourself, so I’m a bit confused as to whether this has been done and if not whether it is overdue?

Also I take it (since it hasn’t been mentioned) that no work on the cooling system has been done (water pump and expansion tank)? Not a deal breaker for me but just trying to factor it all in hope you understand!!

Looney

Post by Looney » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:26 am

No cooling system issues.

I was going to self perform the maintenance this year 12 months early because it's in expensive and it's not a complex S54 engine. Technically it doesn't need a service for another 14 months. Like anything I can see the stamps and receipts the same as you and for the sake of £70 in parts you can do an insp2 to whatever standard you choose. This is better for the long term value and history of the car but it doesn't need it.

Tom
Mini R56 FJCW
Z4MC Imola Red

Looney

Post by Looney » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:28 am

Looney wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:26 am No cooling system issues.

I was going to self perform the maintenance this year 12 months early because it's in expensive and it's not a complex S54 engine. Technically it doesn't need a service for another 14 months. Like anything I can see the stamps and receipts the same as you and for the sake of £70 in parts you can do an insp2 to whatever standard you choose. This is better for the long term value and history of the car but it doesn't need it.

The brake receipt you have seen is not that same as the service 2 stamp in the book just before I bought it.
Tom
Mini R56 FJCW
Z4MC Imola Red

Doorman

Post by Doorman » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:43 am

Hi there Tom thanks for getting back to me! Bit confused here I think we might be talking at cross purposes. From what I can see an inspection II is about £150-£200 in parts alone (it includes 6 spark plugs...)? Are you referring to something else?

Bit concerned that if it hasn’t been done that it is now quite overdue.

Water pump isn’t a problem just good to know. From what I can see on the forum people tend to replace as preventative measure.

Looney

Post by Looney » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:49 am

Doorman wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:43 am Hi there Tom thanks for getting back to me! Bit confused here I think we might be talking at cross purposes. From what I can see an inspection II is about £150-£200 in parts alone (it includes 6 spark plugs...)? Are you referring to something else?

Bit concerned that if it hasn’t been done that it is now quite overdue.

Water pump isn’t a problem just good to know. From what I can see on the forum people tend to replace as preventative measure.
I am completely confused here, too!!

The cars service is up to date as per the log book.

I don't have the receipt for the last stamp.

I do have receipts for the previous services as you have seen.

The routine maintenance is due in 14 months or 11400 miles.

I was going to do a service at a 12 month period as extra as I didn't own the car before the last service, peace of mind.
Mini R56 FJCW
Z4MC Imola Red

Doorman

Post by Doorman » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:57 pm

Sorry for any confusion, not intended. I get that there was not a receipt for the service at 65,083 miles, I understand that.

I’m more interested in the one at 58,643 on the 16th November 2015. In the log book it says that there was a vehicle check, spark plugs, engine oil etc. (which looks like Inspection II), but it looks like there is a missing receipt for this service too. The only invoice from Nash Services on this date says it was for just for front pads and rotors (which the log book says have never been changed).

Unless I’m missing something, something doesn’t add up here, and I am hoping you can explain?

Thanks,

D

Looney

Post by Looney » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:13 pm

Doorman wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:57 pm Sorry for any confusion, not intended. I get that there was not a receipt for the service at 65,083 miles, I understand that.

I’m more interested in the one at 58,643 on the 16th November 2015. In the log book it says that there was a vehicle check, spark plugs, engine oil etc. (which looks like Inspection II), but it looks like there is a missing receipt for this service too. The only invoice from Nash Services on this date says it was for just for front pads and rotors (which the log book says have never been changed).

Unless I’m missing something, something doesn’t add up here, and I am hoping you can explain?

Thanks,

D
When I purchased the car I contacted the garage and the engineer to quantify the work. He is a friend of the guy I bought it from and if you phone the number too he remembers the car. I assume he took cash payment on the service therefore lacks the receipts.

I trusted the history and the previous owner you can tell how genuine people are in person.

I've had the car for a year and this was all way before my time, it runs fine and all the information I give is to the best of my knowledge.

I welcome you to call the garage and ask, I am being as open as possible so you can make your own fair assessment of the vehicle.

Any inspection is welcome.
Mini R56 FJCW
Z4MC Imola Red

Doorman

Post by Doorman » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:53 pm

I don't think you are being all that open - on the one hand you say you have a full service history for the car, but you don't. There is 0 demonstrable evidence there has been a service on the car for the past 35,000 miles:

- No invoices/bill of work for the past 2 at Nash Servicing (apart from 2 stamps, one of which conflicts with an invoice from the same garage, on the same date, for front brakes as shown in my previous posts)
- No invoice at "James Paul" on the 10th January 2014. Even if there was an invoice, according to the log book a vehicle check wasn't done, just fluids and rear brake.

When asked about this, you say the previous seller was "genuine", but was also mates with the garage that stamped it? Shock!

You also started a post earlier in the month about "needing" to get a full service done because you weren't sure if one was done when you bought the car. This brings into doubt the whole thing about the previous owner being genuine. Why should anyone here be willing to hand over c. £8k for a car when you don't trust the past yourself? I think anyone could get past the above if you had the car for a couple of years, and had done the service that you deemed necessary 2 weeks ago. But instead it's 1 year of ownership, you tried to sell it last summer, and barely 6k miles done since purchase. That and suddenly deciding it doesn't need a service after all.

As I am sure people here will agree a strength of buying off a forum is that the sellers tend to be up front, but there are so many holes here and I haven't even seen the car. You need to be honest with your potential buyers, especially over something like service history which really matters for cars like these (the N52/N52k are excellent motors, but they do require care and lack of evidence of this really puts people off).

Sorry if I am coming across as harsh here, but I think you need to reflect on this. Buying a used car can lump people with serious issues down the line, and to help mitigate this sellers need to be up front with what they are selling.