Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD Z4 M Coupe, Silver-Grey, CSLs+other upgrades, Full BMWSH, 52k

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Yorkie Z

Z4 M Coupe, Silver-Grey, CSLs+other upgrades, Full BMWSH, 52k

Post by Yorkie Z » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:09 pm

Hagasan wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:55 pm
Yorkie Z wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:02 pm
Hagasan wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:52 pm

The advert had his email address only. I pm"d him and also emailed him on Monday evening. I asked him to call me and gave him my number in my first email.

He replied that he works between 9-5.30pm so anytime after that or this coming Sunday. I replied that I'd really like it see it during the daytime hours while light.. He then said he would see what he could do... It seemed getting time out of his work was difficult but eventually we agreed it would have been today at 1pm..

In between this he must have gotten a message from Darren and agreed a viewing before even considering contacting me again to check anything. Had he, the seller actually contacted me yesterday then I would have gone up earlier than we'd agreed but that call never came..

So basically I made my intentions very clear but the seller conveniently ignored any prior arrangements.. Not much in the way of integrity in my book...

To those who think they have all the answers and solutions, I don't need any advice on how to buy a car thank you. Just a seller who sticks to their agreement or at least checks again if something might change their end.

Today I collected a motorbike that's 3 times the value of this car. I saw it advertised last Thursday, contacted the seller, viewed "as agreed" left my deposit and completed trouble free.

It just better all round if people stick to their word or have the decency to inform you if there is other interest so you can respond as a minimum.. The seller made no mention of any rush, if anything it appeared the opposite. It was me pushing for a viewing.. And there's the rub because after arranging a time he completely disregarded it.. Not my type of person..
Out of interest what does a £66,000 motorbike look like?
Nice one, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:
A Dirty M///

outrun

Post by outrun » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:43 pm

R60BBA wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:48 pm
Nictrix wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:09 pm Did Hagasan have a number to contact the seller?
Although he said he gave his number to the seller was the sellers number passed back?
You cannot call someone if you don't have their number.
That is very true. But c’mon, 8 emails and not able to get the sellers number? I’m not buying that.

I would have been able to receive the contact number by the second email.

Clearly the seller was serious as the car sold in a flash...
The advert had his email address only. I pm"d him and also emailed him on Monday evening. I asked him to call me and gave him my number in my first email.

He replied that he works between 9-5.30pm so anytime after that or this coming Sunday. I replied that I'd really like it see it during the daytime hours while light.. He then said he would see what he could do... It seemed getting time out of his work was difficult but eventually we agreed it would have been today at 1pm..

In between this he must have gotten a message from Darren and agreed a viewing before even considering contacting me again to check anything. Had he, the seller actually contacted me yesterday then I would have gone up earlier than we'd agreed but that call never came..

So basically I made my intentions very clear but the seller conveniently ignored any prior arrangements.. Not much in the way of integrity in my book...

To those who think they have all the answers and solutions, I don't need any advice on how to buy a car thank you. Just a seller who sticks to their agreement or at least checks again if something might change their end.

Today I collected a motorbike that's 3 times the value of this car. I saw it advertised last Thursday, contacted the seller, viewed "as agreed" left my deposit and completed trouble free.

It just better all round if people stick to their word or have the decency to inform you if there is other interest so you can respond as a minimum.. The seller made no mention of any rush, if anything it appeared the opposite. It was me pushing for a viewing.. And there's the rub because after arranging a time he completely disregarded it.. Not my type of person..
Get over yourself, you missed out.

By the way, I know this car extremely well as I helped Matt buy it from Rov1 all those years ago and it's one of the best there is. Should have tried harder.
2007 z4mc carbon black - gone but not forgotten. The guy I sold to still has it, maybe one day I will buy it back.
Now - Maserati Gransport with many mods. Sounds incredible.

TomK

Post by TomK » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:17 pm

One of the most unpleasant threads I've read in a while. He said, she said, you should've, the last post is hilarious :dizzy:
:topicclosed:

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:31 pm

Yorkie Z wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:09 pm
Yorkie Z wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:02 pm

Out of interest what does a £66,000 motorbike look like?
That is nice!

Came across this today. Not quite the same kind of money, but a good story: http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/1989 ... el-mansell
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Hagasan

Post by Hagasan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:23 pm

outrun wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:43 pm
R60BBA wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:48 pm

That is very true. But c’mon, 8 emails and not able to get the sellers number? I’m not buying that.

I would have been able to receive the contact number by the second email.

Clearly the seller was serious as the car sold in a flash...

Get over yourself, you missed out.

By the way, I know this car extremely well as I helped Matt buy it from Rov1 all those years ago and it's one of the best there is. Should have tried harder.
A couple of times now I've said I'd put it to bed.. The only reason I've ended up posting again is because folks such as yourself jump in with comments as if you are an authority..

Much as every forum thinks it's cars or bikes are the best thing out there, they are just cars.. I'm not all that bothered actually. Yes it's a nice car but I have others just as nice if not better. It's not as if something similar can't be either found or recreated if desired.. Its just not that special.

That's no offence to any Z4 owner about the cars. I have actually got a Sterling Grey 3.0 with Aerokit, Msport Seats, Hardtop etc.

I was miffed yes, I said so yes. Everyone like to have a say on here so there you go. Time for everyone to leave it now. I am.

mattg

Post by mattg » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:33 am

Looks like I'm a bit late to the fray here. So allow me to fill you all in from my point of view and you can make your own minds up.

On the Tuesday, Hagasan asked to view the car and suggested he could make Wednesday or Thursday afternoons, or Saturday morning. I confirmed that I could do any of those times and at that point supplied my mobile number. He subsequently said he would come on the Thursday at 1pm on his way back from completing other business nearby, to which I agreed. All fair enough.

Contrast this Darrens approach... Wednesday morning, he makes initial contact. We spoke briefly about the car. He says he wants to buy the car, has the cash and can be at my address in 1.5 hours, to view and conclude the deal.

As a seller, what am I to do? Ask Hagasan if he could make it to my place sooner than Darren? Ask him if he would outbid Darren?? I think asking Hagasan to do either of these would have been a bit unreasonable.

When it comes to selling a used car 'a bird in the hand... '
'07 - Z4MC - silver/grey - cupholders - plus some other bits 'n bobs - sold
'13 - 991.1 GT3

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:39 am

THE END

:D
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:56 am

MrPT wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:31 pm
Yorkie Z wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:09 pm
That is nice!

Came across this today. Not quite the same kind of money, but a good story: http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/1989 ... el-mansell
Features here.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzqH5IJwWz8
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

R60BBA

Post by R60BBA » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:16 am

mattg wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:33 am Looks like I'm a bit late to the fray here. So allow me to fill you all in from my point of view and you can make your own minds up.

On the Tuesday, Hagasan asked to view the car and suggested he could make Wednesday or Thursday afternoons, or Saturday morning. I confirmed that I could do any of those times and at that point supplied my mobile number. He subsequently said he would come on the Thursday at 1pm on his way back from completing other business nearby, to which I agreed. All fair enough.

Contrast this Darrens approach... Wednesday morning, he makes initial contact. We spoke briefly about the car. He says he wants to buy the car, has the cash and can be at my address in 1.5 hours, to view and conclude the deal.

As a seller, what am I to do? Ask Hagasan if he could make it to my place sooner than Darren? Ask him if he would outbid Darren?? I think asking Hagasan to do either of these would have been a bit unreasonable.

I think this clears it up then.

Looks like Hagasan was talking porkies when he mentioned that he sent 8 emails and couldn’t manage to arrange at least a phone call to chat about the car, let alone a viewing.

It’s quite clear mattg did nothing wrong and that Hagasan didn’t really want it, as he bought a £60k motorbike the day after. :rofl:
Current: 2002 E46 M3
Current: 2005 997 Carrera S
Gone: 2004 R53 Cooper S
Gone: 1998 E31 840Ci Sport
Gone: 2007 Z4 E86 3.0Si Sport
Gone: 2001 Z3 E36/7 2.2i San Remo Individual
Gone: 2015 F21 116d M Sport
Gone: 2012 A3 Sportback 1.2TFSI

Looney

Post by Looney » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:42 pm

Im bored can a mod close this?

Or ill have to get my crayons out and start throwing them at people :rofl:
Mini R56 FJCW
Z4MC Imola Red

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:53 pm

Looney wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:42 pm Im bored can a mod close this?

Or ill have to get my crayons out and start throwing them at people :rofl:
:D 6 pages and counting, I hear you and I'm hovering over 'lock thread'.
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Hagasan

Post by Hagasan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:40 pm

R60BBA wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:16 am
mattg wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:33 am Looks like I'm a bit late to the fray here. So allow me to fill you all in from my point of view and you can make your own minds up.

I think this clears it up then.

Looks like Hagasan was talking porkies when he mentioned that he sent 8 emails and couldn’t manage to arrange at least a phone call to chat about the car, let alone a viewing.

It’s quite clear mattg did nothing wrong and that Hagasan didn’t really want it, as he bought a £60k motorbike the day after. :rofl:
Wow you really know it all on here don't you!? Or at least you think you do anyway....

Yes I agree, the mod should lock the thread because the typical keyboard smart-arses can't stop meddling..

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:07 pm