Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD Z4 M Coupe, Silver-Grey, CSLs+other upgrades, Full BMWSH, 52k

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
R60BBA

Z4 M Coupe, Silver-Grey, CSLs+other upgrades, Full BMWSH, 52k

Post by R60BBA » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:48 pm

Nictrix wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:09 pm Did Hagasan have a number to contact the seller?
Although he said he gave his number to the seller was the sellers number passed back?
You cannot call someone if you don't have their number.
That is very true. But c’mon, 8 emails and not able to get the sellers number? I’m not buying that.

I would have been able to receive the contact number by the second email.

Clearly the seller was serious as the car sold in a flash...
Current: 2002 E46 M3
Current: 2005 997 Carrera S
Gone: 2004 R53 Cooper S
Gone: 1998 E31 840Ci Sport
Gone: 2007 Z4 E86 3.0Si Sport
Gone: 2001 Z3 E36/7 2.2i San Remo Individual
Gone: 2015 F21 116d M Sport
Gone: 2012 A3 Sportback 1.2TFSI

R60BBA

Post by R60BBA » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:52 pm

Oh and well done to Darren.

It looks like he grabbed a late Christmas bargain if you ask me. :thumbsup:

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Darren Slone » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:35 pm

john-e89 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:44 pm Nice car Daz.........bar the silly big metal thing over your head.... :roll: :thumbsup:
Haha thanks John, I think :lol:

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

Hagasan

Post by Hagasan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:52 pm

R60BBA wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:48 pm
Nictrix wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:09 pm Did Hagasan have a number to contact the seller?
Although he said he gave his number to the seller was the sellers number passed back?
That is very true. But c’mon, 8 emails and not able to get the sellers number? I’m not buying that.

The advert had his email address only. I pm"d him and also emailed him on Monday evening. I asked him to call me and gave him my number in my first email.

He replied that he works between 9-5.30pm so anytime after that or this coming Sunday. I replied that I'd really like it see it during the daytime hours while light.. He then said he would see what he could do... It seemed getting time out of his work was difficult but eventually we agreed it would have been today at 1pm..

In between this he must have gotten a message from Darren and agreed a viewing before even considering contacting me again to check anything. Had he, the seller actually contacted me yesterday then I would have gone up earlier than we'd agreed but that call never came..

So basically I made my intentions very clear but the seller conveniently ignored any prior arrangements.. Not much in the way of integrity in my book...

To those who think they have all the answers and solutions, I don't need any advice on how to buy a car thank you. Just a seller who sticks to their agreement or at least checks again if something might change their end.

Today I collected a motorbike that's 3 times the value of this car. I saw it advertised last Thursday, contacted the seller, viewed "as agreed" left my deposit and completed trouble free.

It just better all round if people stick to their word or have the decency to inform you if there is other interest so you can respond as a minimum.. The seller made no mention of any rush, if anything it appeared the opposite. It was me pushing for a viewing.. And there's the rub because after arranging a time he completely disregarded it.. Not my type of person..

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:13 pm

You are probably not the only person who missed out on this car. There will still be people seeing this thread for the first time now and thinking "damn... badly timed holiday!".

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:45 pm

Hagasan wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:52 pm

The advert had his email address only. I pm"d him and also emailed him on Monday evening. I asked him to call me and gave him my number in my first email.

He replied that he works between 9-5.30pm so anytime after that or this coming Sunday. I replied that I'd really like it see it during the daytime hours while light.. He then said he would see what he could do... It seemed getting time out of his work was difficult but eventually we agreed it would have been today at 1pm..

In between this he must have gotten a message from Darren and agreed a viewing before even considering contacting me again to check anything. Had he, the seller actually contacted me yesterday then I would have gone up earlier than we'd agreed but that call never came..

So basically I made my intentions very clear but the seller conveniently ignored any prior arrangements.. Not much in the way of integrity in my book...

To those who think they have all the answers and solutions, I don't need any advice on how to buy a car thank you. Just a seller who sticks to their agreement or at least checks again if something might change their end.

Today I collected a motorbike that's 3 times the value of this car. I saw it advertised last Thursday, contacted the seller, viewed "as agreed" left my deposit and completed trouble free.

It just better all round if people stick to their word or have the decency to inform you if there is other interest so you can respond as a minimum.. The seller made no mention of any rush, if anything it appeared the opposite. It was me pushing for a viewing.. And there's the rub because after arranging a time he completely disregarded it.. Not my type of person..

Sounds like he shafted you really..

Yorkie Z

Post by Yorkie Z » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:02 pm

Out of interest what does a £66,000 motorbike look like?
A Dirty M///

R60BBA

Post by R60BBA » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:06 pm

Yorkie Z wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:02 pm

I was just about to ask the same question :D

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:08 pm

B0060D08JO_TRONLegacy_UXDY1._V143826859_RI_SX940_.jpg
B0060D08JO_TRONLegacy_UXDY1._V143826859_RI_SX940_.jpg (64.89 KiB) Viewed 772 times

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:08 pm

Hmmm...

Im going for a Ducati Panagale Superleggera.

james28

Post by james28 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:34 pm

Here op spotted this for sale and thought it might interest you seen as you missed out on this one.

https://m.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1055630

Hagasan

Post by Hagasan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:52 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:08 pm Hmmm...

Im going for a Ducati Panagale Superleggera.
No, got a Panigale already. Not the SL though.

Hagasan

Post by Hagasan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:55 pm

Yorkie Z wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:02 pm

Attachments
20180504_135514.jpg
20180504_135514.jpg (174.27 KiB) Viewed 737 times

Hagasan

Post by Hagasan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:57 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:45 pm

Sounds like he shafted you really..
Feels that way.... But I can still walk lol...

james28

Post by james28 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:07 pm