Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD Z4 M Coupe, Silver-Grey, CSLs+other upgrades, Full BMWSH, 52k

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Hagasan

Z4 M Coupe, Silver-Grey, CSLs+other upgrades, Full BMWSH, 52k

Post by Hagasan » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:45 pm

Del
Last edited by Hagasan on Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hagasan

Post by Hagasan » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:53 pm

Hagasan wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:45 pm
mr wilks wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:04 pm Well played D S , a sleeping fox catches no poultry 8)
When the seller tells you they work 9-5.30 (not ideal as it's dark) and they can maybe do Sunday where do you go?

You try and pin them down to doing something earlier which I did. 1 pm Thursday.

So when the only person (me) up to that point has something agreed (which we did last night, we confirmed I was to call him 20 mins before I arrived) and then they suddenly sell it without having the decency to inform you then should you not feel a bit pissed off?

So it's nothing to do with a sleeping fox at all. Its more to do with the seller being a bit of a sly fox

We exchanged many emails.

So the buyer should feel very lucky that the seller didn't have too many scruples thus getting in there ahead...

Not how I treat others but who said everyone is the same

No point saying much more really but those that weren't involved simply don't know what was going on behind the scenes...

Pastry

Post by Pastry » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:56 pm

Nice one Mr Sloane, you must have bought your A game as that’s a cracking car you’ve got there, well played :thumbsup:
I hope you’re not moving to the dark side though :wink:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:19 am

Hagasan wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:53 pm
mr wilks wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:04 pm Well played D S , a sleeping fox catches no poultry 8)
When the seller tells you they work 9-5.30 (not ideal as it's dark) and they can maybe do Sunday where do you go?

You try and pin them down to doing something earlier which I did. 1 pm Thursday.

So when the only person (me) up to that point has something agreed (which we did last night, we confirmed I was to call him 20 mins before I arrived) and then they suddenly sell it without having the decency to inform you then should you not feel a bit pissed off?

So it's nothing to do with a sleeping fox at all. Its more to do with the seller being a bit of a sly fox

So the buyer should feel very lucky that the seller didn't have too many scruples thus getting in there ahead...

No point saying much more really but those that weren't involved simply don't know what was going on behind the scenes...
Look mate , i get your grievance but in all honesty (as i have done many times in the past ) you should have offered a deposit to secure if you were that intent on buying .
My reference to "a sleeping fox" merely indicates the buyer got out of bed yesterday morning , made a few emails ( i assume he had no clue you were in line to buy ) , drove to Cambridge ( a fair distance from Chesterfield ) & paid the seller what he wanted , deal done car gone .
The only person you should be quoting or having a groan at is the seller , not me or the buyer .
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Yorkie Z

Post by Yorkie Z » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:28 am

Darren Slone wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:54 pm
Hagasan wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:20 pm Anyway apparently the people who bought work together and one owns a Z4MR.. Maybe someone the longer standing forumites might know?

It's only a car... A "nice to have" but not life changing.. More annoyed how it played out than anything..
It was me and my FD, I contacted Matthew this morning and asked if it was still for sale, it was so I made an appointment to view and bought it, when I sold my air cooled 911 years ago I had 5 people interested in it, one guy phoned on Thursday night and said I’ll come next week, I told him he’d be too late then, so he came the next day and bought it, from my perspective as a then seller I wanted a sale, no one offered a holding deposit so it was first come first served, I did call the others after to let them know, it was before forums :D

Anyhow hope there’s no hard feelings and I wouldn’t blame Matthew either, he’s a very nice guy, he did what I would’ve done and we had a pleasant smooth transaction :thumbsup:
Two M/// that’s just greedy :rofl: car looks beautiful mate, enjoy :driving: :thumbsup:
A Dirty M///

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Darren Slone » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:46 am

Yorkie Z wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:28 am
Hagasan wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:20 pm Anyway apparently the people who bought work together and one owns a Z4MR.. Maybe someone the longer standing forumites might know?

It's only a car... A "nice to have" but not life changing.. More annoyed how it played out than anything..
It was me and my FD, I contacted Matthew this morning and asked if it was still for sale, it was so I made an appointment to view and bought it, when I sold my air cooled 911 years ago I had 5 people interested in it, one guy phoned on Thursday night and said I’ll come next week, I told him he’d be too late then, so he came the next day and bought it, from my perspective as a then seller I wanted a sale, no one offered a holding deposit so it was first come first served, I did call the others after to let them know, it was before forums :D

Anyhow hope there’s no hard feelings and I wouldn’t blame Matthew either, he’s a very nice guy, he did what I would’ve done and we had a pleasant smooth transaction :thumbsup:
Two M/// that’s just greedy :rofl: car looks beautiful mate, enjoy :driving: :thumbsup:
Thankyou :thumbsup:

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

Muckinonthesofa

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:53 am

Congratulations. Stunning car. :thumbsup:
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:01 am

Nice one Darren a beaut for sure :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing it at a z&p meet in the future :)

Angelus666

Post by Angelus666 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:14 am

Tom, given you were/are in the market would you have bought that car?

Hagasan

Post by Hagasan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:30 am

mr wilks wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:19 am

Look mate , i get your grievance but in all honesty (as i have done many times in the past ) you should have offered a deposit to secure if you were that intent on buying .
My reference to "a sleeping fox" merely indicates the buyer got out of bed yesterday morning , made a few emails ( i assume he had no clue you were in line to buy ) , drove to Cambridge ( a fair distance from Chesterfield ) & paid the seller what he wanted , deal done car gone .
The only person you should be quoting or having a groan at is the seller , not me or the buyer .
I'm not sure why you think I'm having a pop at you or the buyer as I'm most certainly not. I'm 100% annoyed with the sellers handling of this.

I took your comment regarding a sleeping fox as aimed at me implying I was being lazy. Of course I would do the same as the buyer and go.

There was no issue previously between the seller and myself. We exchanged about 8 emails each agreeing a viewing. No picky piss you off type messages about the car that get tedious. The messages were all civil, pleasant and understanding where we came to agreeing the viewing..

It's annoying when sellers complain about time wasters when trying to sell when they can be just as guilty themselves. All he needed to do was call contact me. I gave him my phone number in my very first email and asked him to call me as I'm actually old school. I prefer to buy or sell anything through direct conversation. Not email, text, Facebook etc..The money was there ready as was I.

I've got no beef with you nor the buyer in anyway. All I'm saying is that if people want to make comments then remember they weren't directly involved.. They weren't part of the conversation.

I've been to bed since my last message and I'm putting this to bed now. It's happened and nobody died.

R60BBA

Post by R60BBA » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:19 pm

Hagasan wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:30 am
mr wilks wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:19 am
I'm not sure why you think I'm having a pop at you or the buyer as I'm most certainly not. I'm 100% annoyed with the sellers handling of this.

I took your comment regarding a sleeping fox as aimed at me implying I was being lazy. Of course I would do the same as the buyer and go.

There was no issue previously between the seller and myself. We exchanged about 8 emails each agreeing a viewing. No picky piss you off type messages about the car that get tedious. The messages were all civil, pleasant and understanding where we came to agreeing the viewing..

It's annoying when sellers complain about time wasters when trying to sell when they can be just as guilty themselves. All he needed to do was call contact me. I gave him my phone number in my very first email and asked him to call me as I'm actually old school. I prefer to buy or sell anything through direct conversation. Not email, text, Facebook etc..The money was there ready as was I.

I've got no beef with you nor the buyer in anyway. All I'm saying is that if people want to make comments then remember they weren't directly involved.. They weren't part of the conversation.

I've been to bed since my last message and I'm putting this to bed now. It's happened and nobody died.
You exchanged 8 emails without a phone call?

You can’t blame the seller at all, if you were serious you should have called him after the 1st or 2nd email.

Next time act quicker.

Tbh, if I wanna buy a car, I don’t even bother with text or email, I call up and arrange a viewing ASAP.

It’s worked for me on 3 occasions now. And the one time I was lax in my approach the car sold.

This sale proves top cars at good prices get snapped up in a flash.
Current: 2002 E46 M3
Current: 2005 997 Carrera S
Gone: 2004 R53 Cooper S
Gone: 1998 E31 840Ci Sport
Gone: 2007 Z4 E86 3.0Si Sport
Gone: 2001 Z3 E36/7 2.2i San Remo Individual
Gone: 2015 F21 116d M Sport
Gone: 2012 A3 Sportback 1.2TFSI

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:09 pm

Did Hagasan have a number to contact the seller?
Although he said he gave his number to the seller was the sellers number passed back?
You cannot call someone if you don't have their number.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:35 pm

Angelus666 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:14 am Tom, given you were/are in the market would you have bought that car?
I was late to see the thread tbh.

I emailed but my offer was rejected as I cheekily went low to negotiate and was told there was no negotiation to be had so thought he must have already been offered asking. Although I knew the car would go for full, I thought I would try. I was told someone had already offered full ask and was imminently viewing and I couldn't get there in the time frame.

That being said, talking to the owner it needed an oil and brake fluid service, the glove box was broken, the front bumper has a scuff so possible front bumper respray, a couple of wheels needed refurbishing, disks and pads will also need replacing in the near future. So at ask with maybe another 1500-2000 to spend on it, with it being its age and having lowering springs my Z4Mc's shocks were weeping by 6 years old, so having the shocks refreshed in mind too with maybe engine mounts and engine bolts down the line I didnt fancy the £25kish outlay. I also have a 15 year old 911 C4S that needs some money spent on it too :rofl: :driving:

Sounds really lame too but im not keen on piano black and would love the carbon trim.

I also have a set of CSLs and didn't really want the SuperSprints. I have a Puppy that would go in the boot every once and a while and found the OEM back boxes droney enough on long journeys as it is let alone probably the loudest back boxes you can get.

He wasn't willing to split, so would have to buy and sell separately and source originals which I also didn't really want to do.

As is usual all is with timing, im always on the look but it was pretty much sold within 12 hours as far as I know so was a bit quick for me to jump and a bit like Darren was a 7 hour round trip for me and would have struggled to get the time off.

Gorgeous car with all the right bits just not the right time for me. Although I would certainly bite Darrens hand off if he wanted to sell in the future :evil:

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Darren Slone » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:14 pm

tomscott wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:35 pm
Angelus666 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:14 am Tom, given you were/are in the market would you have bought that car?
I was late to see the thread tbh.

I emailed but my offer was rejected as I cheekily went low to negotiate and was told there was no negotiation to be had so thought he must have already been offered asking. Although I knew the car would go for full, I thought I would try. I was told someone had already offered full ask and was imminently viewing and I couldn't get there in the time frame.

That being said, talking to the owner it needed an oil and brake fluid service, the glove box was broken, the front bumper has a scuff so possible front bumper respray, a couple of wheels needed refurbishing, disks and pads will also need replacing in the near future. So at ask with maybe another 1500-2000 to spend on it, with it being its age and having lowering springs my Z4Mc's shocks were weeping by 6 years old, so having the shocks refreshed in mind too with maybe engine mounts and engine bolts down the line I didnt fancy the £25kish outlay. I also have a 15 year old 911 C4S that needs some money spent on it too :rofl: :driving:

Sounds really lame too but im not keen on piano black and would love the carbon trim.

I also have a set of CSLs and didn't really want the SuperSprints. I have a Puppy that would go in the boot every once and a while and found the OEM back boxes droney enough on long journeys as it is let alone probably the loudest back boxes you can get.

He wasn't willing to split, so would have to buy and sell separately and source originals which I also didn't really want to do.

As is usual all is with timing, im always on the look but it was pretty much sold within 12 hours as far as I know so was a bit quick for me to jump and a bit like Darren was a 7 hour round trip for me and would have struggled to get the time off.

Gorgeous car with all the right bits just not the right time for me. Although I would certainly bite Darrens hand off if he wanted to sell in the future :evil:
Thanks Tom :-) I’ll give it a bit of a fettle and let you know!

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:44 pm

Nice car Daz.........bar the silly big metal thing over your head.... :roll: :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29