Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED Z4 Coupe Manual

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
tomttengine

Z4 Coupe Manual

Post by tomttengine » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:39 pm

Hey there, new member here looking to get into z4s! I'm looking to buy a z4 coupe, must have a manual and preferably under 100k miles, around £9k to play with, show me what you've got :)

Tom

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Z4 Coupe Manual

Post by mr wilks » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:39 pm

Warm welcome Tom , right now your £9k budget should easily see you into a fine example :driving: its a buyers market for sure
Have you seen this one https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... er/9203253
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Gwest44

Z4 Coupe Manual

Post by Gwest44 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:00 pm

tomttengine wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:39 pm Hey there, new member here looking to get into z4s! I'm looking to buy a z4 coupe, must have a manual and preferably under 100k miles, around £9k to play with, show me what you've got :)

Tom
Talk to Tom but beware - it may be Terry Tibbs in disguise :rofl:

Hope you get what you're after mate - proper transport :driving:
Sapphire Black 23i
Previously 7xZ3's, 5xE85's, 2xE86's & 3xE89's

Gwest44

Z4 Coupe Manual

Post by Gwest44 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:01 pm

Sapphire Black 23i
Previously 7xZ3's, 5xE85's, 2xE86's & 3xE89's

tomttengine

Z4 Coupe Manual

Post by tomttengine » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:09 pm

mr wilks wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:39 pm Z4 Coupe ManualQuote mr wilks
by mr wilks » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:39 pm

Warm welcome Tom , right now your £9k budget should easily see you into a fine example its a buyers market for sure
Have you seen this one https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... er/9203253
Thank you I look forward to being a part of the community! That is a lovely example, but I planned to do a few 'mainstream' mods to the car (Z4M front and rear bumper with quad exhausts, csl wheels) I know I know not the most original but its what got me into the car in the first place! :) so hoped to get one either with some of those mods already done or a low mileage example that I wouldn't mind sinking the money into (70k ish). Am I asking for a bit too much, is the one you linked a really good buy in today's market? Any advice appreciated as I'm still a bit clueless on the subject! :) Thanks in advance

This is the one I originally saw on the forum that I kicked my self for not looking sooner!

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=106687

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4 Coupe Manual

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:12 pm

Welcome to the forum, Tom. :thumbsup:

A manual Coupe is definitely the Z4 to go for - well, OK I'm biased!

The one "mr wilks" has posted a link to has most of the options on it - heated seats, Xenon headlights, rear parking sensors and Multi-function Steering Wheel were all options. Of them all Xenons are the one I miss on mine - the standard Halogen ones aren't the brightest (but I'm not either). :lol:

There are a few on AutoTrader:- https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search ... 1222665525

The 4th one down already has the CSL replicas with the added bonus of recently fitted AP Coilover suspension and lovely bi-colour seats.

Not sure how much reading you have done on here, but you might want to restrict your search to Sport models as they got M-Sport seats as standard. The SE got "Sport" seats which just don't look right in a car like a Z4 - which is why used M-Sport seats tend to fetch the best part of £1,000! Mind you the M-Sport seats were an option on the SE, so some do have them.

Anyway good luck finding the right one - and don't forget we like photos once you've found it!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

tomttengine

Z4 Coupe Manual

Post by tomttengine » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:26 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:12 pm Z4 Coupe ManualQuote Mr Tidy
by Mr Tidy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:12 pm

Welcome to the forum, Tom.

A manual Coupe is definitely the Z4 to go for - well, OK I'm biased!

The one "mr wilks" has posted a link to has most of the options on it - heated seats, Xenon headlights, rear parking sensors and Multi-function Steering Wheel were all options. Of them all Xenons are the one I miss on mine - the standard Halogen ones aren't the brightest (but I'm not either).

There are a few on AutoTrader:- https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search ... 1222665525

The 4th one down already has the CSL replicas with the added bonus of recently fitted AP Coilover suspension and lovely bi-colour seats.

Not sure how much reading you have done on here, but you might want to restrict your search to Sport models as they got M-Sport seats as standard. The SE got "Sport" seats which just don't look right in a car like a Z4 - which is why used M-Sport seats tend to fetch the best part of £1,000! Mind you the M-Sport seats were an option on the SE, so some do have them.

Anyway good luck finding the right one - and don't forget we like photos once you've found it!
Thanks for the info Mr Tidy! I did not know that, what exactly is the difference? I've only seen what I believe to be the M sport seats? In regards to the spec list I'm not too bothered about being too highly speced, I'm 21 and have come from cars with much less than the base model Z4! (Though the girlfriend would very much appreciate heated seats :P ) are these uncommon to find on Zs? The one linked is I think the only one I've seen with it? And I did infact see the one with the CSL wheels on autotrader but saw the same car with same pics listed as sold on here a month or 2 back so presumed they just forgot to take it down? :/ Thanks for the info! :)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4 Coupe Manual

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:42 pm

tomttengine wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:26 pm Thanks for the info Mr Tidy! I did not know that, what exactly is the difference? I've only seen what I believe to be the M sport seats? In regards to the spec list I'm not too bothered about being too highly speced, I'm 21 and have come from cars with much less than the base model Z4! (Though the girlfriend would very much appreciate heated seats :P ) are these uncommon to find on Zs? The one linked is I think the only one I've seen with it? And I did infact see the one with the CSL wheels on autotrader but saw the same car with same pics listed as sold on here a month or 2 back so presumed they just forgot to take it down? :/ Thanks for the info! :)
Funnily enough the 1st one listed is an SE, but has the M-Sport seats - whereas the 6th one is an SE with the Sport seats so if you have a look at the photos you'll see the difference!

Maybe the guy selling the one with the CSL's had a deposit and got let down?

I don't really know the proportion of Coupes that had heated seats, but my 1st one had them and my current one doesn't. I don't miss them nearly as much as I miss the Bi-Xenon headlights! But at least I've got the parking sensors and cruise control now. :lol:

Then again that may be partly because when it's really cold I use my daily 3 Series that has winter tyres and heated seats, so my Z4 doesn't really see gritted roads. :roll:

From what I've read on here heated seats are very desirable on a Roadster, especially if you want some roof-down driving this time of year - but Coupe owners don't need to concern themselves with that!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Djcla

Z4 Coupe Manual

Post by Djcla » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:18 pm

Where are you based @Tomttengine?
I have a nice 57 plate black manual coupe sport with full history and red leather that I could be persuaded to part with for the right money.
Last edited by Djcla on Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tee.gilding

Z4 Coupe Manual

Post by tee.gilding » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:34 pm

Good luck with your search. They're a stunning car to own, so well worth the effort of looking for the right one!

Optimal spec to look for:
- Sport model (not SE unless it has all or most of the options below)
- M-Sport seats (standard on Sport models)
- M-Sport suspension (standard on Sport models)
- Xenon headlights - although I don't have those but mine's not a daily...
- 10-speaker system (the Carver version if you can find it!)
- Cruise control - although this can be retrofitted relatively easily
- Reverse parking sensors
- Cup holders which function properly (all important!)

If you find one of the black top engines you've got one of the newer models. They changed some bits in the engine about halfway through the production run and changed the engine cover to indicate the change. I think it was some small technical bits but apparently these are more reliable due to the changes.

Watch for rust on the rear quarter panels, which is a common issue. Also keep an eye out for "sticky steering", an issue where the steering feels quite twitchy, mainly noticeable at higher speeds.
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport (E86) : Stratus Grey : Black Oregon leather : 19" Veemann V-FS33 : BC Racing coilovers : Kumho Ecsta rubber : MTEC discs : Brembo pads : stubby aerial : ZHP gear knob

Instagram: @stratus.z4coupe

philbo909

Z4 Coupe Manual

Post by philbo909 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:45 pm

tomttengine wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:39 pm Hey there, new member here looking to get into z4s! I'm looking to buy a z4 coupe, must have a manual and preferably under 100k miles, around £9k to play with, show me what you've got :)

Tom
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=110615 -not technically manual, but it has got the paddle shifters? And he's asking for 7,900 which seems a bargain!
Good luck finding a car, got my Z4 Coupe at 21 too, bit nicer than the corsas everyone else was driving!
Sapphire black z4 coupe 135,000miles young

tomttengine

Z4 Coupe Manual

Post by tomttengine » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:00 am

Thanks for all the replies guys! I feel I should mention that on the weekend I did indeed go and pick up a lovely Z4 coupe! It came with a full eisenmann stainless exhaust and Z4M bumpers and bonnet which has saved me alot of money I was looking into spending. With all these mods already installed I'm a bit stuck on mods I plan to do to it other than me looking into replacing mechanic parts to bring it to tip top shape. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've been looking into an APR front splitter? Pics of my Z below! :)
Attachments
received_308894433074915.jpeg
received_308894433074915.jpeg (161.63 KiB) Viewed 1085 times

philbo909

Z4 Coupe Manual

Post by philbo909 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:23 am

Congrats, that's already three expensive mods done and out of the way :thumbsup:
As for mods to do, drive it and see! Suspension was the first thing that I started on when I bought mine- lollipop bushes and then new struts/springs.
If I had the budget I would've gone for coilovers :driving:
Sapphire black z4 coupe 135,000miles young

tomttengine

Z4 Coupe Manual

Post by tomttengine » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:38 am

philbo909 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:23 am Congrats, that's already three expensive mods done and out of the way :thumbsup:
As for mods to do, drive it and see! Suspension was the first thing that I started on when I bought mine- lollipop bushes and then new struts/springs.
If I had the budget I would've gone for coilovers :driving:
Thanks Philbo, any reccomendations? I understand bilsteins get alot of rave?

basil the dog

Z4 Coupe Manual

Post by basil the dog » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:51 am

Thanks Philbo, any reccomendations? I understand bilsteins get alot of rave?
[/quote]

I put the bilstein b12 on my coupe, love it but depends on how firm you want it