Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED Z4 3.0si Coupe.

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
bean79

Z4 3.0si Coupe.

Post by bean79 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:42 pm

Hi all

After narrowing down options I have decided that the 3.0si is the one for me.

I'm a little confused about spec options. Definitely want manual and would really like heated seats. Is there anything else that you think is desirable?

Searched in all the normal places but nothing is quite ticking all the boxes. Also, I would prefer to buy from an enthusiast.

This will be a second car so I'm in no rush, and will wait for the right example. Not looking for a garage queen but would like it to be in good condition and under 80k miles.

Full service history and evidence that it has been looked after are a must.

Thinking silver, grey and blue compliment the shape best but open minded.

Hope that doesn't come across as too much. Would love to hear from you if you have a something that matches my criteria that you are thinking about selling.

Thanks

Tom

philbo909

Z4 3.0si Coupe.

Post by philbo909 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:41 pm

Flick through the classifieds on here, there should be plenty for sale! :thumbsup:
As for options, personally (having most options ticked on my car):
Need msport seats
Need xenon headlights
Need heated seats in the roadster
Like the msport steering wheel
Like the 10 speaker system
Dislike the sat nav screen

That's about it I think, rest of the options I could take or leave
Don't discount a high miler though, at 80k miles/13 years the suspension will be growing tired and water pump could be about to die, might be worth looking for a car with these seen to already
Happy hunting! :driving:
Sapphire black z4 coupe 135,000miles young

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4 3.0si Coupe.

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:02 pm

Hi and welcome OP. :thumbsup:

Philbo has covered pretty much most of it!

Definitely look for M-Sport seats. They were standard on Sport models, but I have seen SE models that had them (they were an option on the SE). Don't consider trying to buy some to retro-fit - they go for up to £1,000 a pair!

If you get a Sport model you'll also get the M-Sport steering wheel and M-Sport suspension - a bit stiffer and 10mm lower than the SE.

My current one doesn't have Bi-Xenons, but I don't miss them that much - maybe it depends what you are used to!

I would miss cruise control though for those average speed limits - but it can be retro-fitted fairly easily.

And now I've got them I'd miss the rear parking sensors - and they aren't an easy retro-fit! :(

The water pump died on my 1st one at just about 10 years to the day, and 60K miles so finding one that has had one would be a bonus (the OEM Pierburg pump tends to cost about £250 from Euro Car Parts - BMW charge double that).

And a suspension refresh could easily cost much more than a water pump.

My current one is on 88K miles but still drives great. I'd live with higher miles to get the right spec - my 3 Series Touring with the 2.5 litre version of the same N52 engine is currently on 137K and still going strong!

I think silver/grey and blue probably covers about half of them so you should be able to find one (most of the rest are black), but bear in mind only about 2,500 3.0Si Coupes came to the UK so you won't find loads for sale at any one time!

Good luck finding the right one - and once you've found it don't forget to post some photos!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

pi1010

Z4 3.0si Coupe.

Post by pi1010 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:40 am

and even fewer Phoenix yellow ones...was it Status that had one back end of the summer? wish i had bought as none seen since! :tumbleweed:

A5 VRX

Z4 3.0si Coupe.

Post by A5 VRX » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:56 am

Check out mine Tom for sale here... :D
Ex - 2.5 Si Sport Roadster
Now - 3.0 Si Sport Coupe, AP Coilovers, CSL’s, ZHP

NickSalf

Z4 3.0si Coupe.

Post by NickSalf » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:07 am

I would suggest choosing a colour combination and waiting for the right one to come up for sale. I waited around 3 months for mine to come up (montego/pearl grey/black piano dash). I really wanted to get the interior right as that is where you spend most of your time :)

would definitely recommend going for a montego blue

Thunderous One

Z4 3.0si Coupe.

Post by Thunderous One » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:02 am

bean79 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:42 pmHi, I’m thinking of selling my Z4 Coupe as its not going to get used much after recently being made redundant and finding work only 2 miles away.
So the car will not get used till weekends and even then it will be short burst trips
The spec of my coupe is
Black with a Oregano red leather sports seats (not heated)
Sat Nav professional
Black MV2 wheels
New waterpump fitted 1.5k miles ago (fitted by M-Tek of Northampton) precautionary!
New gasket fitted 1.5k miles ago (fitted by M-Tek of Northampton)
New Michelin P4 sport rear tyres (500 miles ago)
New front discs and pads (fitted by M-Tek) whilst having MOT done in October
Does not have rear sensors
X3 keys
Blue tooth for phone
Floor matts
Folding mirrors
I’m the 5th owner and I have receipts of the car being purchased by 2 previous owners (1 had it for only 6 months)

I’m based in Northampton if you would like to have a preview?

I’m certainly not in a hurry to sell the car as my intention was to have it for 2 years before I sell it for something a bit bigger. I purchased the car in May 18 and has been fastidiously maintained and only ever goes to M-Tek if anything needs to be done.
I would be looking for close to £8K for the car.
Hope this helps?

Hi all

After narrowing down options I have decided that the 3.0si is the one for me.

I'm a little confused about spec options. Definitely want manual and would really like heated seats. Is there anything else that you think is desirable?

Searched in all the normal places but nothing is quite ticking all the boxes. Also, I would prefer to buy from an enthusiast.

This will be a second car so I'm in no rush, and will wait for the right example. Not looking for a garage queen but would like it to be in good condition and under 80k miles.

Full service history and evidence that it has been looked after are a must.

Thinking silver, grey and blue compliment the shape best but open minded.

Hope that doesn't come across as too much. Would love to hear from you if you have a something that matches my criteria that you are thinking about selling.

Thanks

Tom
BMW E36 Compact “Dakar Yellow” (sold to make way for Z4 Coupe)
BMW E36 M3 Evo Vert (sold due to hit & run)
BMW E36 M3 Evo Vert (stolen written off)
BMW E36 M3 Evo Saloon (sold to buy Vert)
BMW E36 318is Coupe (sold to buy M3)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4 3.0si Coupe.

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:52 pm

NickSalf wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:07 am would definitely recommend going for a montego blue
I'd have to agree with you there, especially with Pearl Grey seats! :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

NickDE

Z4 3.0si Coupe.

Post by NickDE » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:09 pm

bean79 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:42 pm
I think you pretty much got it there, apart from the parking sensors that Mr Tidy has pointed out.

I wouldn't worry about the Sport stuff - M-Sport Seats and M-Sports Suspension. Most coupes have tired suspension by now anyway, so if you get a non-M suspension one just fit Suplex springs and Bilstein shockers and you will be better than the M-Sport. I threw the M-Sport seats out of mine as they are not comfortable in the Z anyway, and replaced them with E46 M3 seats for about £200. Much more comfortable and adjustable. There's loads of threads on here on how to do both.

Go for a colour option you like, in the right condition, at the right price. If you get too picky on the options you will wait forever.
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

bean79

Z4 3.0si Coupe.

Post by bean79 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:15 pm

Hi all

Thanks for your comments. Sorry for the delay in replying.

Good points about the suspension, water pump etc. A suspension change is something that I would do straight way if it hadn't been done or wasn't to taste. I know about suspension for race cars but what is best for a nice fast road set up (not too firm)

A5 VRX - I had seen yours and think it looks fantastic! Ideally I would like heated seats as I will be using it all year round.

I found a really nice one that has all the spec but it's red leather. Hard to tell how bright it is in the photos so I think a trip is in order.

Will keep you updated.

Thanks again

Tom

bean79

Z4 3.0si Coupe.

Post by bean79 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:18 pm

Thanks for the info. Heated is a must for me. GLWTS

Thierry

Z4 3.0si Coupe.

Post by Thierry » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:22 pm

Hi Tom,

I've got a baby coming in February and it's dawning on me that I probably can't get away with keeping my coupe :cry:

Seems to tick all your boxes (grey, manual, heated electric sports seats, xenons, rear parking sensors). Only exception is the mileage (87k), and you may not be keen on the red leather.

I had it up for sale earlier in the year, thread here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=101109

Since then I've had the front bumper professionally repaired and resprayed, had the water pump replaced as a precaution and had corroded rear brake pipes replaced following mot (only advisory). I also put brand new CSL replicas with Michelin ps4s on it when I defiantly told Mrs Thierry I was keeping my pride and joy.

Not sure of forum rules, so mods please delete if this isn't allowed. It'll probably be up for sale again in the spring.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4 3.0si Coupe.

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:44 pm

Might this be an option? viewtopic.php?f=41&t=110227&start=15

I realise it is a bit over your preferred mileage, but no red leather! Although no heated leather either. :(

But it does have the rear parking sensors and Bi-Xenon headlights - if I was looking I'd be very tempted. :)
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

bean79

Z4 3.0si Coupe.

Post by bean79 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:52 pm

Thierry wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:22 pm Hi Tom,

I've got a baby coming in February and it's dawning on me that I probably can't get away with keeping my coupe :cry:

Seems to tick all your boxes (grey, manual, heated electric sports seats, xenons, rear parking sensors). Only exception is the mileage (87k), and you may not be keen on the red leather.

I had it up for sale earlier in the year, thread here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=101109

Since then I've had the front bumper professionally repaired and resprayed, had the water pump replaced as a precaution and had corroded rear brake pipes replaced following mot (only advisory). I also put brand new CSL replicas with Michelin ps4s on it when I defiantly told Mrs Thierry I was keeping my pride and joy.

Not sure of forum rules, so mods please delete if this isn't allowed. It'll probably be up for sale again in the spring.

Thanks for replying. Nice car. Red isn’t for and I prefer the 5 spokes (anyone know the code for them?)

Good luck with sale....and the baby!

bean79

Z4 3.0si Coupe.

Post by bean79 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:54 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:44 pm Might this be an option? viewtopic.php?f=41&t=110227&start=15

I realise it is a bit over your preferred mileage, but no red leather! Although no heated leather either. :(

But it does have the rear parking sensors and Bi-Xenon headlights - if I was looking I'd be very tempted. :)
Thanks for replying. I have seen this a few times but the interior is not for me without seeing in person. Holding out for heated too!