Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD PRICE REDUCED - Z4M Roadster for sale, 07 reg, 139k, FSH, £8,550 o.n.o.

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
woolybear

PRICE REDUCED - Z4M Roadster for sale, 07 reg, 139k, FSH, £8,950 o.n.o.

Post by woolybear » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:40 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:33 pm
woolybear wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:15 pm
Well said JamieZ4C..
Fair, Concise & Choice words :thumbsup:

I've followed this thread earlier and with repspect to the OP for his FS thread, I was mildly concerned with some of the comments by a certain specific FORUM'ite, - who joined in Mar 16.

Bottom line is, this IS an open Forum, that many love. This, is a FS thread and should be respected as one..
Let's all hope the OP gets his car sold and hopefully, to a Z4MR fellow enthusiast - on this forum :thumbsup:
OP has a great car, so why wouldn't it sell? :)

But probably not to anyone who joined the forum in March 2016. :headbang: And probably shouldn't have bothered! :nahnah:
X2..
Well said & I'm with you on that very thought, Mr Tidy.. :thumbsup:

Simon 3.2M

Post by Simon 3.2M » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:51 am

I'm only up the road from the OP so I'm happy to pop down and view the car for any potential buyer and to offer a bit of feedback - might help the sale.
Sepang Coupe
Imola Roadster - For sale
Interlagos Coupe - For sale

Previous:
Stratus Grey Coupe
Titan Silver 3.0 Roadster
Carbon Black Coupe
Silver Grey MR
Silver Grey 3.0si Roadster
Maldives Blue 2.5
Sterling Silver 3.0 - twice

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:48 am

Simon 3.2M wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:51 am I'm only up the road from the OP so I'm happy to pop down and view the car for any potential buyer and to offer a bit of feedback - might help the sale.
As well as informed advice from knowledgeable members, here's another positive example of what an 'open forum' gives you :thumbsup:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:22 pm

There are all sorts of people buying/ selling cars on sales sites for cost or for free on here, some with lots of knowledge, some with not much knowledge of cars or none at all. This is free on an open forum and I just wonder if the people who don’t like comments would complain if a car was picked up on that was a lemon which was very hard to spot but a keen eyed member pulled an issue up on it. Constructive comments work both ways surely?
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Phoenixboy

Post by Phoenixboy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:09 pm

john-e89 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:22 pm There are all sorts of people buying/ selling cars on sales sites for cost or for free on here, some with lots of knowledge, some with not much knowledge of cars or none at all. This is free on an open forum and I just wonder if the people who don’t like comments would complain if a car was picked up on that was a lemon which was very hard to spot but a keen eyed member pulled an issue up on it. Constructive comments work both ways surely?
fair point John.
I would always prefer to buy on here, as like you say, there"s every chance that the more knowledgeable amongst us will spot things that we don't, or point out things we may overlook.
perhaps naively, but I like to think the majority would not sell you a lemon.
have bought a few things on here, and always got good advice, and was happy with what I got.
So, on that note, who has a ruby black hardtop going cheap :wink:
E89 s drive 30i manual/gone
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.

Simon 3.2M

Post by Simon 3.2M » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:01 pm

Phoenixboy wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:09 pm
john-e89 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:22 pm There are all sorts of people buying/ selling cars on sales sites for cost or for free on here, some with lots of knowledge, some with not much knowledge of cars or none at all. This is free on an open forum and I just wonder if the people who don’t like comments would complain if a car was picked up on that was a lemon which was very hard to spot but a keen eyed member pulled an issue up on it. Constructive comments work both ways surely?
fair point John.
I would always prefer to buy on here, as like you say, there"s every chance that the more knowledgeable amongst us will spot things that we don't, or point out things we may overlook.
perhaps naively, but I like to think the majority would not sell you a lemon.
have bought a few things on here, and always got good advice, and was happy with what I got.
So, on that note, who has a ruby black hardtop going cheap :wink:
Two good points however, peception is very subjective to say the least. I may look at the OP's car and say "for the money it is a great car" another member may say the same or the exact opposite. I know when I recently purchased my M some siad it wasnt the best car and was somewhat over priced, some said it was a bargain. What was apparent was that it was the right car for me, admittedly it is not as "good" as some on here but a lot commented positively on it at Zedfest last weekend. If I wanted an 80k car I'd have paid another 2k, and here's the thing, I would still have done what I've done to my car ie the shells, valve clearances, belts and oils (this is my choice admittedly) but they are still costs I would have incurred.
To the right person this is a lot of a car and one hell of a bargain, to the wrong person (maybe a purist) it's to be steered clear of at all costs as it must be on the verge of blowing up with 139k on the clock and the odd missed service!
Ultimately you pays yer money yer takes yer choice - with the wealth of knowledge on this forum there's definately a bargain to be had there.
Sepang Coupe

Previous:
Stratus Grey Coupe
Carbon Black Coupe
Silver Grey MR
Maldives Blue 2.5

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:52 pm

Just because a car is being sold on a forum by a forum member can you really expect it to be a great car?
I mean what exactly do you know about any car other than what the owner/member has written on the forum?
Some of these cars (although are being sold by forum members) have only been owned for a short time by whoever is selling and were obviously not always on the forum, the whole history of the car is not there to be seen and the bits that are there might just be the good bits.
If you look at some of the detective work that is done on here it would be madness to list any problems you had had with your car as it would show up later when selling.
Considering the forum will be full of faceless people who nobody knows other than on here at the end of the day all they want is a sale at any cost. And once sold they might never be heard from again.
I am always a bit curious of owners who sell a "perfectly good car" just to go out and replace it with another the same.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:44 am

Nictrix wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:52 pm Just because a car is being sold on a forum by a forum member can you really expect it to be a great car?
I mean what exactly do you know about any car other than what the owner/member has written on the forum?
Some of these cars (although are being sold by forum members) have only been owned for a short time by whoever is selling and were obviously not always on the forum, the whole history of the car is not there to be seen and the bits that are there might just be the good bits.
If you look at some of the detective work that is done on here it would be madness to list any problems you had had with your car as it would show up later when selling.
Considering the forum will be full of faceless people who nobody knows other than on here at the end of the day all they want is a sale at any cost. And once sold they might never be heard from again.
I am always a bit curious of owners who sell a "perfectly good car" just to go out and replace it with another the same.
Completely agree, always makes me very curious too...

Seanoog

Post by Seanoog » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:39 am

So whats the considered life expectancy of the S54B32 engine? 300-500k miles total?

If it had Timing chain, vanos, engine shells and engine mounts replaced?
Surely that engine would last another 100k miles (been serviced every year) before more major work would need to be carried out?
:driving:
Daily: BMW (E90) 330i MSport
Toy: Still Looking. :fuelfire:

Simon 3.2M

Post by Simon 3.2M » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:15 pm

I popped down to view and drive Matt's car earlier as it's only 25 mins away. The car is exactly the same as mine and as mentioned has 139k on the clock.
In my opinion there is a "car" there and the price could be negotiated. The car drives nicely and the gearbox is very smooth as is the engine which is very quiet too. That said the car does have judder under acceleration - almost as though it's missing. This could be the coils or the MAF in my opinion as it's just had an inspection 2 however, that's only my opinion and I've advices Matt to replace the coilpacks. Once up to speed it pulled well and was a nice drive. As stated in the ad the roof doesn't work, the motor moves when selected but doesn't operate the roof. The discs and pads are fine with plenty of life left in them. You can't shy away from the fact that the car does need a fair amount of TLC, there are marks on the paint as per the photos and the engine bay needs a damn good clean too - the engine is free from leaks. The car has obviously spent its life outside and has probably run up and down the motorway year round. The interior is nice too with a few age related marks on some of the plastic trim. There will be the obvious debate regarding the shells and I discussed this with Matt as it's a purely subjective area - some will change, some won't.
As mentioned, it's a decent car and with a good dose of TLC would make a good car and should be viewed as such, without paint it will never be a minter but if purchased at the right price it could stack up.
I'm more than happy to discuss the car offline if any members wish to.
IMG_1975.JPG
IMG_1975.JPG (319.93 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
IMG_1976.JPG
IMG_1976.JPG (270 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
IMG_1977.JPG
IMG_1977.JPG (260.37 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
IMG_1978.JPG
IMG_1978.JPG (402.43 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
IMG_1979.JPG
IMG_1979.JPG (386.19 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
IMG_1980.JPG
IMG_1980.JPG (392.78 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
IMG_1981.JPG
IMG_1981.JPG (289.35 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
IMG_1982.JPG
IMG_1982.JPG (223.11 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
Attachments
IMG_1983.JPG
IMG_1983.JPG (220.26 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
Sepang Coupe

Previous:
Stratus Grey Coupe
Carbon Black Coupe
Silver Grey MR
Maldives Blue 2.5

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:47 pm

Seanoog wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:39 am So whats the considered life expectancy of the S54B32 engine? 300-500k miles total?

If it had Timing chain, vanos, engine shells and engine mounts replaced?
Surely that engine would last another 100k miles (been serviced every year) before more major work would need to be carried out?
:driving:
It would last forever :P
https://youtu.be/LAh8HryVaeY
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

JamieZ4C

Post by JamieZ4C » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:02 pm

Smartbear wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:47 pm It would last forever :P
https://youtu.be/LAh8HryVaeY
Rob
:lol: I love that sketch! One of my favourite only fools moments.

Good point, well made :thumbsup:

Simon, great review. Clearly a car in need of a little TLC like you say. Perhaps someone out there could turn the little negatives into positives. Where work needs doing, perhaps an opportunity to make it unique. Respray perhaps? Engine rebuild? In the right hands with the right skills and equipment this could be a great project car.

If an M coupe ever comes up in similar circumstances I'll be snapping it up!

mattlochh

Post by mattlochh » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:56 pm

Simon - many thanks for visiting earlier today. Always great to chat to a fellow car enthusiast and Z4M fan. Was very kind of you to make the trip to provide a balanced opinion for prospective purchasers on these forums.

I think your words are very fair and considered and capture the car pretty well. To the right buyer, I think it’s certainly a rough diamond - has great potential but needs some TLC. It is priced as such and as Simon has said, sensible offers will be seriously considered.

Ref. the stutter/potential misfire at low revs under considerable throttle, I have taken on Simon’s advice and just replaced all 6 ignition coils - this in conjunction with the hidden TPS that I’ve recently replaced already and the spark plugs that were changed during its inspection 2 last month. There’s no time like the present and my local Euro Car Parts happened to have 6 Bosch ignition coil units in stock - a perfect coincidence! I can confirm that whilst this hasn’t totally resolved the issue (if you are aggressive with the throttle in the “wrong” gear - i.e. at low revs, there is still a slight judder), the issue seems to have reduced and if anything the car seems generally to be running smoother. I drove around 20 miles just now and whilst the issue was still provokable with a leaden right foot in a high gear relative to speed, I found it to now be unnoticeable when driving normally and briskly.

Hope this is useful information for anyone interested :)

mattlochh

PRICE REDUCED - Z4M Roadster for sale, 07 reg, 139k, FSH, £8,550 o.n.o.

Post by mattlochh » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:51 pm

Hi all,

Asking price reduced again for a final time.

Hoping to sell in the ballpark of the new price, but if there is no interest, I'm quite happy to hold onto it through the winter.

Happy Z4MR perusing!