Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NO LONGER WANTED z4 Coupe 3.0 Si Sport (Manual)

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

z4 Coupe 3.0 Si Sport

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu May 31, 2018 9:39 pm

I know what you mean - sometimes once you get something into your mind you just can't ignore it!

Hope you find one soon. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

tee.gilding

z4 Coupe 3.0 Si Sport

Post by tee.gilding » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:15 am

shuey wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:35 pm Yeh I’m more curious about why bmw made the change to the engine even if it’s minor tweaks - like what’s the improvements in aid off? I’m unfortunately a bit of a stickler for the little details, and knowing that there’s a newer version of the engine will bug me. Had the car been closer to me, I’d defo would have gone checked it out
Sounds like you're in the same predicament as me. I'm also looking for a low-mileage zed in specific condition/spec and I'm finding that you're going to need to commit to travel to get the right car. They're too rare to just hope the right one pops up within even 100 miles! I'm contemplating a drive from Ringwood to Wales and/or Leicester even to check out two I have on my shortlist.

Fortunately, we're not looking for exactly the same colour combinations... ;)
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport (E86) : Stratus Grey : Black Oregon leather : 19" Veemann V-FS33 : BC Racing coilovers : Kumho Ecsta rubber : MTEC discs : Brembo pads : stubby aerial : ZHP gear knob

Instagram: @stratus.z4coupe

shuey

z4 Coupe 3.0 Si Sport

Post by shuey » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:52 pm

tee.gilding wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:15 am
shuey wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:35 pm Yeh I’m more curious about why bmw made the change to the engine even if it’s minor tweaks - like what’s the improvements in aid off? I’m unfortunately a bit of a stickler for the little details, and knowing that there’s a newer version of the engine will bug me. Had the car been closer to me, I’d defo would have gone checked it out
Sounds like you're in the same predicament as me. I'm also looking for a low-mileage zed in specific condition/spec and I'm finding that you're going to need to commit to travel to get the right car. They're too rare to just hope the right one pops up within even 100 miles! I'm contemplating a drive from Ringwood to Wales and/or Leicester even to check out two I have on my shortlist.

Nice, let me know what your looking for - may have come across something.
Yeh I’m not worried about the travel... as long as it’s in the uk, the travel will be worth it.
M2 OG / Manual / Grey

Previous
Z4C Si Sport / Manual / Alpine White
350Z VQ35DE / Manual / Silver
Seat Leon Cupra MKII / Manual / Silver
Ford Puma 1.7
Rover 214 Si (I know!)

tee.gilding

z4 Coupe 3.0 Si Sport

Post by tee.gilding » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:04 pm

shuey wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:52 pm

Yeh I’m not worried about the travel... as long as it’s in the uk, the travel will be worth it.
Here's my original wanted post: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=102859

I've been looking for a while - it's hard to find the perfect car!
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport (E86) : Stratus Grey : Black Oregon leather : 19" Veemann V-FS33 : BC Racing coilovers : Kumho Ecsta rubber : MTEC discs : Brembo pads : stubby aerial : ZHP gear knob

shuey

z4 Coupe 3.0 Si Sport

Post by shuey » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:29 pm

tee.gilding wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:04 pm
shuey wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:52 pm

Here's my original wanted post: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=102859

I've been looking for a while - it's hard to find the perfect car!
Wow looking since jan?!? You’re defo more patient than me! Hope you find something soon, best to setup alerts on all the major car sites if u haven’t already, I think I’m going to go for something either way even if it’s not perfect by the end of this month... miss driving!
M2 OG / Manual / Grey

Previous
Ford Puma 1.7
Rover 214 Si (I know!)

Djcla

z4 Coupe 3.0 Si Sport

Post by Djcla » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:47 pm

I didn't know there was a n52k when did that come out and what are the differences?

Clarkie

z4 Coupe 3.0 Si Sport

Post by Clarkie » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:52 pm

As I understand it the N52k is the slightly revised N52. Apparently the n52k was introduced in September 2006 - modifications were made in the following areas:
• Cylinder head cover
• Camshafts
• Crankshaft
• Stem diameter of exhaust valves increased to 6 mm instead of 5 mm
• Torsional vibration damper
• Crankcase ventilation
• Hot-film air mass meter (HFM)
• Throttle valve
• Digital motor electronics
SOLD 2007 Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport Montego Blue/Pearl Grey

shuey

z4 Coupe 3.0 Si Sport

Post by shuey » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:06 pm

Still don’t know what the improvements where actually in aid of... did it improve reliability? Or efficiency.

I assume it’s not performance as they seem to have same performance figures for both 06 and 07 plate e86s.
Be good to get thoughts from a bmw mechanic whose worked on both engines.

Also just vin checked a black engine covered e86, coming up as n52 and not n52k - so even more confusing now.

God dammit bmw... why have two different engine covers! I have a feeling this question will come up every year when another bunch of newbies are looking to buy an e86.
M2 OG / Manual / Grey

Previous
Ford Puma 1.7
Rover 214 Si (I know!)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

z4 Coupe 3.0 Si Sport

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:08 pm

September 06 sounds about right - my current one was built in August 06 and has the silver cover, but my previous one was built in October 06 and had the black cover.

I think the CCV set-up is different too FWIW.

Just bear in mind that from a database someone on here put together it seems less than 2,200 Coupes (including SEs) came to the UK, and even the newest are heading towards 10 years old so if you want low mileage examples and/or specific colours and/or specific features you'll have to be patient, and probably have to travel.

Good luck to both of you anyway - a good E86 is worth the effort! :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

tee.gilding

z4 Coupe 3.0 Si Sport

Post by tee.gilding » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:40 pm

Thanks Mr Tidy, you're spot on. I'm planning some big mileage trips in my trusty daily (Fiat Panda for the win!) to go view some of the models which meet my spec list. There is one that ticks every single box for me except price (they want nearly £15k for it...)

shuey

z4 Coupe 3.0 Si Sport

Post by shuey » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:50 pm

Yeh thanks mr tidy, same here - willing to travel to new obscure places I never knew existed in the uk :)

I’ve been following the usual sites closely - on average I’m seeing 3 new ads for e86s every week.
So only one car in the space of 5 weeks was a perfect match. And two more that are genuine contenders for my money that are still available.

I think I’m going to give it one more week, it’ll then just come down to picking the car in the right colour, wrong engine for more money, or the wrong colour car, but the right engine for less money,

1st world problems!
M2 OG / Manual / Grey

Previous
Ford Puma 1.7
Rover 214 Si (I know!)

JaEdBa

z4 Coupe 3.0 Si Sport

Post by JaEdBa » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:23 pm

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=106687&p=1548537#p1548537

Possibly slightly more than you are looking to pay but it is in lovely condition

shuey

z4 Coupe 3.0 Si Sport

Post by shuey » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:51 pm

Lovely car, but a little bit over my budget. Had it been the exact colour I wanted I prob would have defo arranged a viewing.

Good luck with the sale.
M2 OG / Manual / Grey

Previous
Ford Puma 1.7
Rover 214 Si (I know!)

JaEdBa

z4 Coupe 3.0 Si Sport

Post by JaEdBa » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:13 pm

Apologies I missed your colour requirement.

Good luck with the hunt.

b19rak

z4 Coupe 3.0 Si Sport

Post by b19rak » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:26 pm

Hi, sent you a PM Shuey.
07’ Z4 3.0si
Leicestershire