Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4MR wanted

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Easty-5

Z4MR wanted

Post by Easty-5 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Well then guys, it's been a while and almost a year since I sold my Imola Z4MR. I'm finally the hunt for its replacement and it's proving a difficult one. I keep coming back to Z4M's!

Mine was pretty well modified so I'd be looking for something similar. Not sure I could go back to a standard Z4M after having mine. I know the chances of finding one are slim but if you don't ask you'll never know.

So, what I'm looking for is as follows -

Z4MR, ideally Imola Red but any colour considered. Must be enthusiast owned with a pretty much impeccable history - running in service done. Oil changed at regular intervals, service 2 done with valve clearances documented. All repair work well documented. Ideally looking for one where the throttle actuator has been replaced. Also recent brakes included passenger side caliper replacement. Bodywork/paintwork must have been well cared for and not look like it's been washed with a Brillo pad.

Now to the spec - Nav, carbon leather, 10 speaker audio (DSP isn't important), wind deflector would be nice, cup holders too.

Mods - looking for one with Exhaust and a decent filter (AFE/Gruppe M/Eventuri). Suspension (KW Clubsports) would be a nice bonus too or at the very least eibach springs.

I do appreciate I am asking for a lot here and what I'm describing above is pretty much the identical spec to the car I sold but there must be some out there that the owner is perhaps tempted to sell.

Cheers,
Jamie
07 Imola Red ///M Roadster, fully loaded spec, KW Clubsports, Rogue Rear Top Mounts, Vibratech Engine Mounts, Stromung Exhaust & AFE Intake. Heavenly!

Faster987

Z4MR wanted

Post by Faster987 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:52 pm

I feel you! I've had 3 x Z4Ms of various spec (2 coupes and a convertible) and the modifications you have referred to are just right for me as well.

There is a blue car on Autotrader that has exactly your spec though it is overpriced for what it is. There are a lot of Z4Ms that just aren't selling and I suspect prices are softening (again). Have a look at this which has been up for some time. Personally, I prefer the Eibachs over the KWs.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 5jt&page=1

A Gruppe piece will cost about $800 new, less on eBay. Good luck!

It's a good time to be looking to buy a Z4M and I'm looking around again too.

Easty-5

Z4MR wanted

Post by Easty-5 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:09 pm

That blue one is very nice but I do agree it's slightly on the high side price wise. I am willing to pay that sort of money but it has to be for the right car. I know what I sold mine for and how long it took to sell so I've a good idea on advertised pricing vs selling prices.

I did forget to add to my wish list that I'd like one with a new RTAB and limiter kit fitted too if possible. Also one that has had the roof motor refurbished and resealed. One thing I know from my previous ownership is exactly what to look out for!

I am going to enquiry about that Interlagos one you linked but I believe it has been up for sale for quite some time now which is always slightly worrying.
07 Imola Red ///M Roadster, fully loaded spec, KW Clubsports, Rogue Rear Top Mounts, Vibratech Engine Mounts, Stromung Exhaust & AFE Intake. Heavenly!

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Z4MR wanted

Post by tomscott » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Not sure what bulbs it has in it... but the colour isn't right. I thought it was nice but I cant understand a roady without heated seats. Also the lack of information on the ad.

Might be a struggle with the above. Just finding one with correct service intervals is tough under 20k, there are plenty above with bad history too. Doesnt seem to matter to dealers.

Good luck with the search :thumbsup:

Easty-5

Z4MR wanted

Post by Easty-5 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:29 pm

Yea the lack of information is pretty off putting and like you say, bizarre not to have heated seats.

I know I'm probably asking the near impossible. Hopefully there is someone in the same boat as I was last year, with a well modified car thinking about selling.

Modifications on these cars are totally subjective and if you are trying to sell one you literally have to be extremely patient and hope someone like myself is looking for one. We'll see what happens.

I've booked a test drive in a M240i and the new Civic Type R next weekend. I've also got my name down for the new Megane RS when it finally lands. I'm very much undecided where I want to go next!

mpm

Z4MR wanted

Post by mpm » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:09 pm

I’ve got basically the car you’re after, but a coupe!

Fishy Dave

Z4MR wanted

Post by Fishy Dave » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:27 pm

Mine could have suited you, only I've taken most of the modifications off. :roll:
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car
Now sold: Z4M Roadster, the best all round car I have owned.

Easty-5

Z4MR wanted

Post by Easty-5 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:03 am

mpm wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:09 pm I’ve got basically the car you’re after, but a coupe!
I guess you aren't selling...?

Dave - your car would have been ideal! Shame the mods are off though. I totally understand why you'd do it before selling. If I done that with mine I reckon I could have made an extra £2k but I just didn't have the time. Shame really as the guy that bought it returned it to standard and flogged the goodies on eBay and got some very good prices. For example, he sold the exhausts for more than I paid for them brand new!