Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NO LONGER WANTED Z4M Roadster

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Coppins999

Z4M Roadster

Post by Coppins999 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:25 am

Hi all,

Looking for a Z4M roadster as my next car. I prefer to buy privately from an enthusiast owner. Hoping to get a mid-range car in terms of price and mileage as I tend to keep cars for quite some time. Ideally would love a car with a cream coloured interior (Sepang?) and a blue exterior or darker colour.

If anyone is thinking of selling, then I’d be delighted to discuss. Or if anyone can recommend a car for sale, then likewise.

Hopefully I’m a sensible buyer - won’t waste your time and straightforward cash purchase no part ex to sell first. Equally I’m not in a rush as I’ve got other cars to drive in the meantime.

Many thanks

James
Last edited by Coppins999 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anakin

Z4M Roadster

Post by Anakin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:11 pm

What is mid range in price and millage ?
£17,500 and 42k miles ?
Monaco Blue Z4M Roadster & Solar Orange TT RS

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Z4M Roadster

Post by Jembo » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:22 pm

Welcome James, I agree with your approach to ask the question.- any ‘nice to have’ or ‘mandatory’ needs & how far would you be prepared to travel might also be useful
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Coppins999

Z4M Roadster

Post by Coppins999 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:51 pm

Hi Anakin,

Probably a touch higher price than I’m looking at for the moment. Was aiming more for the £15k price or less and around the 50-60k Miles. Might be after I’ve seen others I may feel that the budget has to increase.

I see your car is Monaco Blue, what colour interior and what spec?

Cheers

James

Anakin

Z4M Roadster

Post by Anakin » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:04 am

Coppins999 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:51 pm Hi Anakin,

Probably a touch higher price than I’m looking at for the moment. Was aiming more for the £15k price or less and around the 50-60k Miles. Might be after I’ve seen others I may feel that the budget has to increase.

Cheers

James
Black I'm afraid, with the carbon leather though ! No Nav but cupholders and lots of speakers ;)

bought it from a forum member 2 years ago, just don't get to use it as much as I would have liked under 3k in 2 years.
Just MOT'd & inspection 1 done @ darren woods.

Search my Posts ;)

Coppins999

Z4M Roadster

Post by Coppins999 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:23 am

Jembo,

Good points. In terms of travel I’m in Somerset and happy to travel up to about 3 hours maybe a bit further if it seems worthwhile. So that means London West side, Birmingham, Portsmouth on South coast and some parts of Wales. Difficulty will be finding times as weekends a bit booked up, but could take day off in the week.

In terms of car spec I’ve no 100% must haves, but ideal spec would be interlagos Blue with Sepang interior. I’d like SatNav as much for the info screen. Also keen on Electric seats and heated. Auto lights and mirror dimming is nice to have. Fancy stereos are generally wasted on me and cruise control is not something I use on other cars. In terms of mods, would be okay with mild suspension, brakes, exhaust or induction, but not looking for lowered too much because of the roads around me and clearances on driveway.

If the price is low enough then I would consider doing some mods to brighten up a black interior.

I know that doesn’t totally narrow things down, but hopefully gives a flavour of what I’m after.

James

Coppins999

Z4M Roadster

Post by Coppins999 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:29 am

Anakin wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:04 am

Cheers

James
Black I'm afraid, with the carbon leather though ! No Nav but cupholders and lots of speakers ;)

bought it from a forum member 2 years ago, just don't get to use it as much as I would have liked under 3k in 2 years.

Search my Posts ;)
Cheers Anakin for the info.

Probably a bit away from what I’m looking for, bough it does look very nice. I prefer just a bit more colour in my interiors. Last car was red with a black interior and I ended up changing the seats, door cards and tunnel to red leather to just give it a bit more. But I do like cream interiors despite their impracticalities in terms of keeping clean.

Anakin

Z4M Roadster

Post by Anakin » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:45 am

Coppins999 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:29 am
Anakin wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:04 am

Cheers

James

Search my Posts ;)
Cheers Anakin for the info.

Probably a bit away from what I’m looking for, bough it does look very nice. I prefer just a bit more colour in my interiors. Last car was red with a black interior and I ended up changing the seats, door cards and tunnel to red leather to just give it a bit more. But I do like cream interiors despite their impracticalities in terms of keeping clean.
Good luck with your hunt, there is a Monaco Blue one in the spec you want on here. Not seen it for sale although it has been ;)

srhutch

Z4M Roadster

Post by srhutch » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:56 am

Coppins999 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:23 am Jembo,

Good points. In terms of travel I’m in Somerset and happy to travel up to about 3 hours maybe a bit further if it seems worthwhile. So that means London West side, Birmingham, Portsmouth on South coast and some parts of Wales. Difficulty will be finding times as weekends a bit booked up, but could take day off in the week.

In terms of car spec I’ve no 100% must haves, but ideal spec would be interlagos Blue with Sepang interior. I’d like SatNav as much for the info screen. Also keen on Electric seats and heated. Auto lights and mirror dimming is nice to have. Fancy stereos are generally wasted on me and cruise control is not something I use on other cars. In terms of mods, would be okay with mild suspension, brakes, exhaust or induction, but not looking for lowered too much because of the roads around me and clearances on driveway.

If the price is low enough then I would consider doing some mods to brighten up a black interior.

I know that doesn’t totally narrow things down, but hopefully gives a flavour of what I’m after.

James
Just for info, electric (but not heated) seats are standard as are auto lights and dimming mirror.

Coppins999

Z4M Roadster

Post by Coppins999 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:32 am

SRHutch,

Many thanks for that information. My forum browsing hadn't picked up on what options were available on M versions of Z4. I did look at a Forum Topic but the links were dead. Initially I thought heated seats were standard until I saw one car without the buttons. Up until then all the Z4MRs I looked at had heated as standard

Coppins999

Z4M Roadster

Post by Coppins999 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:18 pm

Delighted to say that I'm now the proud, and somewhat nervous, new owner of a Z4M roadster.

I had to take a days holiday last Wednesday to host some builders and as they had finished by 11:00am I thought I'd ring about a Z4M and go visit. It was for sale in Congleton a 350 mile round trip, so not a short visit.

Anyway the car looked nice, good history, well priced, so despite not having some of the things I was looking for I bought it!

Car is black with the champagne coloured interior and black carbon panels. It also has the tan coloured hood. The latter I saw described as "a rare option - for a reason". Which is a polite way of saying it's not to most people's taste. I can take it or leave it, though it does look good when folded and you can't see it when you're driving :driving:

I did forego the satnav, but as the car only has the simple Business radio, I may look to change to an aftermarket Android head unit instead. I will see what I think and perhaps put it off until winter / Christmas.

The car was within my price range and at under 44000 miles was one of the lowest mileage cars I was considering. Most were over 60k miles. So as I do probably 6-8k miles a year, if I sell after three years then it's still reasonable miles and if I fall in love with the car it will last me a bit longer :)

Thanks for all the advice and the great font of knowledge on here. I know this is a daft reason to choose a car, but a good, friendly owners forum was a factor in choosing the Z4M. The other being it goes like a scalded cat :thumbsup:

James
Z4MR

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Z4M Roadster

Post by Marlon » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:22 pm

Congratulates James - now all you need to do is post up some pics in the forum 'Newbies' section when you have a moment, we'd love to see the beast :thumbsup:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Coppins999

Z4M Roadster

Post by Coppins999 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:41 pm

Cheers Marlon - pictures posted in the Newbies section. All with the hood down as I've yet to drive it with the hood up :)