Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Excellent response from Cover Zone (Stormforce cover)

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:04 pm

Rare to get such customer service from a firm but was contacted today by Cover Zone. I had sent an email and photos of the Stormforce 4 seasons outside cover I had purchased just over a year ago (for use with the M outdoors). The outer layer had started to break down and crumble.
They let me know that they had done some research and found that particular batches of the material used had not had sufficient UV treatment applied. As a result they would be sending me a replacement cover immediately and apologised for any inconvenience caused.
And yes, the new cover has increased AV treatment - I did check.
Very pleased with the outcome and result as in all other respects (with the use of two large fleece blankets, one placed over the bonnet and front wings and one over the boot and rear wings) the cover had done an excellent job. (Though it's hard work cleaning the M after EVERY run before it's put under the cover)
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:49 pm

paulgs1000 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:04 pm Rare to get such customer service from a firm but was contacted today by Cover Zone. I had sent an email and photos of the Stormforce 4 seasons outside cover I had purchased just over a year ago (for use with the M outdoors). The outer layer had started to break down and crumble.
They let me know that they had done some research and found that particular batches of the material used had not had sufficient UV treatment applied. As a result they would be sending me a replacement cover immediately and apologised for any inconvenience caused.
And yes, the new cover has increased AV treatment - I did check.
Very pleased with the outcome and result as in all other respects (with the use of two large fleece blankets, one placed over the bonnet and front wings and one over the boot and rear wings) the cover had done an excellent job. (Though it's hard work cleaning the M after EVERY run before it's put under the cover)
I had this on my old storm force cover, it started to flake apart but only on the roof part.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:27 pm

funny that..opposite of my experience, i had lost one of the strap buckles on mine and emailed about a replacement (offering to pay) they didnt even bother replying to me...glad they fixed you up though :thumbsup:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:56 am

mr.tourette wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:27 pm funny that..opposite of my experience, i had lost one of the strap buckles on mine and emailed about a replacement (offering to pay) they didnt even bother replying to me...glad they fixed you up though :thumbsup:
On my 1st cover I had lost 2 clips, they sent a pack of 4 out free of charge :)
I have sent an email about my cover issues, will see what they say.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981