Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Halliwell Jones BMW Warrington

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
wilburn

Halliwell Jones BMW Warrington

Post by wilburn » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:11 pm

Word of warning, stay clear of Halliwell Jones BMW in Warrington.

If I ran my company and treated my customers as they do I wouldn't have a company or any customers!

Their customer "service" stinks :x
Z4 3.0i SE Roadster | Metallic Silver | Black Leather | 18" Split rims

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Halliwell Jones BMW Warrington

Post by mmm-five » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:22 pm

I've tried most dealers within 40 miles of home in Liverpool and that's why I take mine down to my friendly ///Mechanic ///Monkey over 240 miles away.

I'll only use dealers for parts and emergencies/warranty work.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:25 pm

wilburn wrote:Word of warning, stay clear of Halliwell Jones BMW in Warrington.

If I ran my company and treated my customers as they do I wouldn't have a company or any customers!

Their customer "service" stinks :x
Care to elaborate? All for rooting out bad customer service, but it holds more weight if you back it up with some facts.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

z head

Post by z head » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:36 pm

I bought my first Z4 from H-J's at Warrington and have nothing but praise for them. I was involved in a fairly extensive crash with it and the bodyshop returned my pride and joy in as-new condition very quickly with new doors, wings, bonnet, front end , rads etc etc. I bought my second Z4 from H-J in Southport purely because it was nearer to home. I'd be very interested to know why you are so dissatisfied with them.
Carbon Black 2.5 Sport, 3" stubby, bluetooth, bum-warmers, Falkens.

wilburn

Post by wilburn » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:55 pm

I spoke to Paul McLain (Service adviser) on Tuesday 24th February about getting our BMW Z4 setup (so the see you home lights stay one for a while after locking the car etc. etc.) and so the key fobs move the drivers seat to the relevant position when they are pressed.

He quoted us £68.03 including VAT

I specifically said that the BMW Business CD/radio will NOT be in the car as it needs to be sent off to be repaired and does this matter.

Paul McLain said no, the radio/cd player does not need to be in the car for the car and keys to be programmed.

The car was booked in with them on Wednesday 4th March at 1.30pm (the earliest appointment)

I arrived at 1.25pm and handed the keys over and I was told to wait while they do a print out of what they can setup on the car and they will let me know shortly.

I waited until 2.00pm and I decided to approach the service desk to see what was happening. I spoke to David Fairclough (service adviser) as Paul McLaine was not there.

He went away and came back after 5 minutes and said they could not setup the car or the keys as the radio was not in the car.

I explained that I specifically asked about this when I made the booking and was told it was not needed.

David Fairclough said then when the radio is re-fitted, to phone him and get it booked in again and he will speak to the manager regarding a discount.

Once the radio had been repaired and re-fitted we phoned him on Monday 9th March to book it in again and asked him how much it would be with the discount.

He said £68.03 (same price as before) and would not say what the 'discount' would be. We asked him to find out and let us know.

He did not phone us back.

We phoned him on 2 further occasions on his direct line and left 2 answer phone messages but he has failed to get back to us.

We phoned Blue Bell BMW in Wilmslow and were quoted £45 for the same work and the car is booked in at 10.30am on Thursday.
They were much more professional and on the ball than Halliwell Jones.

Cheaper too! :D

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:06 pm

That's shocking service. Glad you're getting it sorted though... another example of crappy main dealers... sometimes I wonder where they get these guys from?! With so many people looking for work at the moment they should be replacing some of these idiots with people who actually want to give a good service.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

un1eash

Post by un1eash » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:57 pm

I tried to get my car booked in at styner leicester to get the roof and windows reprogrammed so i can open them using the remote, they quoted £45 but wouldnt tell me if it was possible due to insurance reasons and i would have to leave the car with them on a weekday which was no good for me. After a few calls to local ex bmw mechanics i rang one that said pop down and he'll sort it, took 10 minutes as he ran through all the options with me. :D

ChillZ4

Post by ChillZ4 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:01 pm

May be a treck for some people but Autologic in Hull are top blokes and can do this sort of stuff in 2 mins!
06 BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster

AJZ4London

Post by AJZ4London » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:48 am

That cobra is stunning..and with the plate..wow!

Mine is back to Hexagon of Highgate next week. They come and pick it up from central London and are very helpful. Seperate service centre though. Dealer (apart from business manager) is not great.
3.0i 54plate, Black Sapphire, Black Leather, Prof SatNav, 18" Ellipsoids.

z head

Post by z head » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:18 am

Wilburn, I think you have every right to be a bit cheesed off. To compare eggs with eggs, H-J at Southport did the same job on MY Z4 free of charge. 'Bet that's REALLY pi**ed you off now!
Carbon Black 2.5 Sport, 3" stubby, bluetooth, bum-warmers, Falkens.

wilburn

Post by wilburn » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:46 am

Got the Z4 done yesterday at Blue Bell in Wilmslow, only cost £44 which is 100 % fine, however, it took just over 1 and a half hours!

Apart from the length of time it took all was great - how can it take so long?