Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Oil Analysis - Millers

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
srhutch

Oil Analysis - Millers

Post by srhutch » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:58 pm

After seeing Car S.O.S. last night and noticing they were at Millers for Oil analysis I though I would post this up.

http://www.millersoils.co.uk/automotive/millercare.asp

Very reasonable price I think.

MillerCare will initially be sold on a two tier basis; basic and advanced. MillerCare Basic (£29.95 inc VAT) includes the report as discussed, MillerCare Advanced (£39.95 inc VAT) enables customers to do multiple samples to produce a trend graph. By submitting two samples over six months, for example, the customer can monitor an issue highlighted in the first test and see how it has progressed.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Oil Analysis - Millers

Post by mr wilks » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:47 pm

srhutch wrote:After seeing Car S.O.S. last night and noticing they were at Millers for Oil analysis I though I would post this up.

http://www.millersoils.co.uk/automotive/millercare.asp

Very reasonable price I think.

MillerCare will initially be sold on a two tier basis; basic and advanced. MillerCare Basic (£29.95 inc VAT) includes the report as discussed, MillerCare Advanced (£39.95 inc VAT) enables customers to do multiple samples to produce a trend graph. By submitting two samples over six months, for example, the customer can monitor an issue highlighted in the first test and see how it has progressed.
Plus they do top quality fluids :wink:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

srhutch

Oil Analysis - Millers

Post by srhutch » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:01 pm

I know it's your fav tipple :lol:

TomK

Oil Analysis - Millers

Post by TomK » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:43 pm

Thanks for posting that, I will give it a go. I know they're quite big on it in the states but wasn't aware of many places in the UK that offer the service. I had my bearing shells done a while ago so it would be good to keep an eye on things from here on in. I think the advanced package is the one to go for as a one off sample isn't going to tell you a whole lot, it's about looking for changes between results. Cheers.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

srhutch

Oil Analysis - Millers

Post by srhutch » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:27 pm

TomK wrote:Thanks for posting that, I will give it a go. I know they're quite big on it in the states but wasn't aware of many places in the UK that offer the service. I had my bearing shells done a while ago so it would be good to keep an eye on things from here on in. I think the advanced package is the one to go for as a one off sample isn't going to tell you a whole lot, it's about looking for changes between results. Cheers.
That was my thought. Been talked about a lot, but where to get done and how much?

Thought the cost was very reasonable. Doubt I'll ever do it though.

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Oil Analysis - Millers

Post by RickRob » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:01 pm

Has anyone had this done and was it worth it?

My ///M Roadster has done just over 106k miles and the following thread has scared the sh!t out of me:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=80948

Seems to me that if I got the oil tested and there was nothing untoward then I buy a lot of peace of mind for a small amount of money. The alternative seems to be to speculatively spend a lot of cash in the hope that the bearings were worn. I'd be majorly p!ssed off if the old ones were good as new!

All thoughts appreciated!
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Oil Analysis - Millers

Post by Chris_D » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:08 pm

Did this a few times here in Holland at an indy in Heerhugowaard with E36 (M52TU) and E46 M3 (S54), as well as a compression & leak-down test. More a peace of mind thing than anything else as there was no significant issues thrown up. Bit of bore-wear uptrend on the E36 but at 150k up to 200k it was to be expected. Was informed it would take me to 300k and beyond if looked after properly. Sad that it never got the opportunity before being smacked into at 260k.
Last edited by Chris_D on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

srhutch

Oil Analysis - Millers

Post by srhutch » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:13 pm

I've got the kit. Will hopefully extract the oil before it gets changed on Saturday. If not will ask the garage to get a sample. Hopefully they will oblige.