Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SANDAL

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

SANDAL

Post by paddy wright » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:55 pm

These guys are getting increasingly less helpful- just booked a service with them- it seems like they were doing me a favour. I arranged a loan car ( that they make you give them 10 pounds for fuel! !) They wot let me drop the car off the night before as they need the loan car for staff- this never used to be the case! waste of time and very unhelpful! Shame as I used to really rate them!
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Re: SANDAL

Post by paddy wright » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:38 pm

As an after thought -this rant is a directed as a general dealership disappointment- there are some great staff at sandal but overall the buying (tried to buy a car from them but being young they didnt take me seriously) and servicing experience with them is not good.
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:32 pm

I always found them to be pretty good TBH, but they do make you wait around for seemingly no reason when you book your car in for service. Takes 20 mins to do the handover, which I can never understand.

:idunno:

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:37 pm

like i said- i used to rate them but they have become more lax recently- i had to remind them of the existance of the 4 plus scheme with a seperate call!

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:40 pm

They had a red Z4MC in a few weeks back, the front was all chipped. When I mentioned it they said they don't prep cars any more until they are sold?????

In the old days you *had* to prep them to sell them, but obviously not any more :rofl:

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:42 pm

cut backs are costing on quality!

Mr Whippy

Post by Mr Whippy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:12 pm

Wondermike wrote:They had a red Z4MC in a few weeks back, the front was all chipped. When I mentioned it they said they don't prep cars any more until they are sold?????

In the old days you *had* to prep them to sell them, but obviously not any more :rofl:
A good way to save money, because once it's got a deposit on it you are less likely to kick up a fuss and walk away after waiting a week if the work they did is crap.

I rang a Sandal Wakefield, and they were about half as nice on the phone as the Coopers I rang for the same query, and were more expensive.

Also Sandal advised someone I know that their Z4 didn't need a service for another 6 months because of very low mileage, despite it already been 2.5yrs at that point (they will do it in June this year at THREE years!!!)

That alone sealed that dealers fate. I won't be using them for being not nice on the phone, and advising against BMW's service schedule.

Dave
04 3.0i, Titanium Silver, 107s, red m-sport interior

senwar

Post by senwar » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:55 pm

paddy wright wrote:As an after thought -this rant is a directed as a general dealership disappointment- there are some great staff at sandal but overall the buying (tried to buy a car from them but being young they didnt take me seriously) and servicing experience with them is not good.
I noticed this myself last time I used them.

Actually nipped in just before Xmas to see a 123d coupe as I was debating (due to a worry at the time re: my job). Anyway, the salesman at the time was very unhelpful and curt, and it was really disappointing. I bought my first Z from Sandal and they were great (the particular salesman was excellent and is still extremely helpful 4 years later). Even when I bought the M they were courteous when they couldn't match my deal with Sytners.

Hopefully just a bit of a blip and they'll be as good as they used to be