Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Autotech Performance Telford

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
maxman

Post by maxman » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:09 pm

Took the z4 in for an Inspection 1 service,Coolant change,Drive belts changed,Brake fluid changed.I supplied the oil.Price £271.
Excellent service. :thumbsup:

goldbcfc

Post by goldbcfc » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:03 pm

maxman wrote:Took the z4 in for an Inspection 1 service,Coolant change,Drive belts changed,Brake fluid changed.I supplied the oil.Price £271.
Excellent service. :thumbsup:
£271 is a lot really for a basic service. The coolant £15, belts £15, brake fluid £10, oil £60. It would cost a trader a lot less as they most likely have a stuff like oil,brake fluid and coolant in stock they use for all other vehicles. Not a bad mark up for 1hrs work i suppose hes got to make a living. Heard good things about this place its good to go somewhere like this if you cant do the work yourself. Peace of mind

Mike6

Post by Mike6 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:48 pm

1 hour to change belts, coolant and brake fluid, when did you last service a car. To do it properly will take half a day.

dans6490

Post by dans6490 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:01 pm

Not a great experience for me. Rang up about my x3 needing a new Turbo. I asked I could get a quote to be told, abruptly, we don't do quotes over the phone. I hadn't asked to be given it over the phone!!

He then said he would email it but 3 x days later.....no email. I guess they don't want to do the servicing of the three BMW's in our household.

Strange one as I thought garages were in the business of fixing cars in return for money, how wrong can you be.

stevespg

Post by stevespg » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:35 pm

they're my local indie......

however I've never used them so cant comment on their work - every time i ask them for a cost or estimate I'm surprised at how much they want. even simple things seems to be costly......
Z4 3.0si - gone
Z4MR - gone
E89 35i - gone

maxman

Post by maxman » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:29 pm

stevespg wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:35 pm they're my local indie......

however I've never used them so cant comment on their work - every time i ask them for a cost or estimate I'm surprised at how much they want. even simple things seems to be costly......
For example what are the price points are we talking about,I have always found them to be reasonable .

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:38 am

Doesn't sound excessive to me OP.

Two weeks ago I had an oil service, Inspection 1, brake fluid change and gearbox oil change at my local BMW indy (TWG Automotive in Camberley) and it cost £293.50.

I know it's not quite the same work, but hopefully that gives some perspective - oh, and they supplied all fluids.

In May 2016 my previous Coupe had an oil service and brake fluid change at my local Sytner and it cost £260.32. (I only went there because I was selling it and as part of the deal the buyer wanted to maintain full BMWSH).
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black