Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sytner Sheffield - Excellent Service!

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
EdButler

Sytner Sheffield - Excellent Service!

Post by EdButler » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:38 am

Approved Used Warranty Issue: Airbag Light

Called up at around 3pm on Wednesday. Spoke to a friendly chap who took all my details. Tried to sell me (not at all in a pushy fasion) an inspection for £99 which "Checked for any warranty issues we could fix before it expires end of March" I politely declined. Car booked in the next day! Great!

Went in next day and was offered a Coffee upon arrival to wait for the service guy, Scott i think? I was in a rush so he called me 10 mins later just to introduce himself and clarify the problem. Very friendly chap indeed :thumbsup:

Was updated twice throughout the day and as a new Airbag ECU was needed, she needed to stay overnight - no worries.

My car was done by Midday the next day (Friday). When i returned to Sytner, again i was greeted with all smiles and was made to feel like a valued customer. Scott highlighted the fixes they made and sent me on my. This made a refreshing change to how Vauxhall/SEAT/VW dealerships treat a car enthusiast like a complete idiot telling me that the entire car needs replacing :lol: . Upon returning to my car which was filthy when i took it in; was like brand new - fully valeted. Superb!!

Not only had they fixed the Airbag, but also a VERY annoying squeak/creaking has disappeared from under the centre console PLUS they have tightened the hand brake!

I don't usually touch dealerships with a particularly long barge pole, but i think Sytner deserve my money for the next service after this... Two big thumbs up :thumbsup:

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sytner Sheffield - Excellent Service!

Post by sp3ctre » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:47 am

mmmm, interesting another airbag issue... did they say what the issue was at all? I know there us a USA recall for passenger seat airbags but not over here.... my airbag light is on ang I am wondering whether to kick up a stink about this. :x
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

EdButler

Re: Sytner Sheffield - Excellent Service!

Post by EdButler » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:07 pm

I know what you mean mate, does sound like BMW UK need to be hassled about this one! Althought i was specifically told it was the Airbag Control Unit in mine and not the seat sensors... Maybe worth a thread to collect some names?