Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Dick Lovett's Bristol

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
chetalien

Dick Lovett's Bristol

Post by chetalien » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:14 am

I bought my Z4MR recently about 4 weeks ago. Nice care. Nice guy. deal wen through smoothly. To my dismay the Blue tooth isnt working as promise. But the worse of all I just found out when I took to my local dealer in worcs that the rear wheels had only 2mm left on them and need replacing soon. I was told when I bought the car that it would go well for 6-10k. I have only driven about 800miles. I called dick lovett the guy who sold me the car- riaz said when car left garage it had 3.5mm and blamed onb me that i had driven it hard. To be honest I have been so careful lately due to weather that, I'vent driven a car so carefully in the recent years. Very pissed off. Intend to write to the BMW Dick Lovett. I wouldnt certainly recommend them. What a shame. Those cheapos for a few bucks. ANy advice please, very welcome. I have to shell out 500 quid now as i do need them replaced pretty soon.

Raify

Re: Dick Lovett's Bristol

Post by Raify » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:02 am

Bought a Z4M Coupe in April, and the summary is:

1. Car has CSL's on it, which I comment to the sales guy are just what I wanted.
2. After purchase I discover that they're replicas, call Dick Lovett and ask what they want to do about this
3. Dick's reply by saying that the wheels are fine and passed the AUC check
4. I get a copy of the AUC check which reveals they ticked "Check for approved wheel and tyre combinations" and "list any non-approved / non-BMW parts fitted to vehicle and inform customer".
5. They didn't inform me and continue to claim that replica wheels of an unknown manufacturer are approved.
6. BMW customer services apologise on Lovett's behalf for the fact that they didn't inform me of the non-approved tyres but insist that the wheels are no problem. They finish the email with a polite "we're not talking to you anymore"

So, if you go to Dick Lovett, they will happily forge the AUC check and lie about approved parts on their cars. Avoid at all costs.
Z4M Coupe - Imola Red 2006 sold. What next?

mattp85

Post by mattp85 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:50 pm

I rang them up when looking for my 3.0i z4, they were listing a z4 that was pretty basic in terms of opt extras, lots of miles, 03 plate. Snows Portsmouth were offering a z4 for the exact same price, 55 plate, tonnes of extras. I asked dick lovett if they could drop the price by a bit, they wouldnt budge the slightest, I told them about the one at Snows, they really didnt care at all, "can't drop the price sir, sorry". I was like "never mind", "click". End of that! :headbang:
Z4 3.0i Roadster. Sterling Grey, Xenons, Black Leather Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Wind Deflector, 108 Star Spokes

chetalien

Post by chetalien » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:11 pm

Raify Just out of curiosity who did u deal with. Its would be better if you pm me if u want to rather than put on the discussion. I dont want to name and shame. They just piss u off. I have decided not to deal with them ever again.