Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

"Shop BMW on Ebay" Don't Use!!! MUPPETS!!!Terrible service all round!!!

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Re: "Shop BMW on Ebay" Don't Use!!! MUPPETS!!!Terrible service all round!!!

Post by MACK » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:48 pm

I have noticed Shop BMW on Ebay have now added a new first sentence to the text in their advert "You may require a fitting kit to install this on your vehicle." Not the clearest of info, as most folks may just feel they mean it needs springs and nuts to fit it. But i guess it will serve as their disclaimer for the next me to get on the their backs!
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Richattwood88

Post by Richattwood88 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:16 pm

Hi Mack,

I'm having similar problems with the eBay store for the same product, there communication is aweful and they don't have any substance to their replies. As I can see you have done the same mod as I want to do can I ask you a quick question. The clear light did not work when I received it (just didn't light up), I've since sent it back. This part is like for like, am I correct? No wiring needs to be altered? The connectors fitted fine but no light when I hit the break? Thanks
2.5 Si sport - Stratus Grey

Sheffield 🇬🇧

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Richattwood88 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:16 pm Hi Mack,

I'm having similar problems with the eBay store for the same product, there communication is aweful and they don't have any substance to their replies. As I can see you have done the same mod as I want to do can I ask you a quick question. The clear light did not work when I received it (just didn't light up), I've since sent it back. This part is like for like, am I correct? No wiring needs to be altered? The connectors fitted fine but no light when I hit the break? Thanks
Hi,
Yes the lights are just plug and play. It should be working, so if you've checked the wiring or your old one lights up its got to be a faulty unit.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Richattwood88

Post by Richattwood88 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:29 am

MACK wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:20 pm
Richattwood88 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:16 pm Hi Mack,

Hi,
Yes the lights are just plug and play. It should be working, so if you've checked the wiring or your old one lights up its got to be a faulty unit.
Thanks Mack, that's correct the old one is still working. They say a new one is in the post. Hopefully there should be no problems with this one.

Sheffield 🇬🇧

goldbcfc

Post by goldbcfc » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:49 pm

I got mine from bmw dealer was only £90+ vat. I also got new springs for a few pence more although the old springs looked fine to me when swapping.

Paulr

Post by Paulr » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:42 pm

So has anyone successfully replaced the light not to have it brake again? Got a white one coming and getting worried now!
If you try and take a cat apart the first thing you have is a non working cat.

Richattwood88

Post by Richattwood88 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:20 pm

I've just fitted mine, it arrived this afternoon. I hope it lasts. The fitting is very easy.

Sheffield 🇬🇧